Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I'm very happy for him and will be watching Gold Coast as my second team without a doubt.

The relationship between Richmond and GC has been good for both clubs over the years. We've been able to extend the careers of a few fringe players while they were building, and they were easy to deal with when Rance/Cotchin/Martin/Riewoldt were all ~25-27 and we wanted more elite talent to compliment that core. If we want draft picks this year and they want a couple of 30yo+ guns to help start Dimma's reign with a bang, then I'd be happy to see it happen, as both clubs will simply get better faster. And if any of this was planned ahead of time... that's even better, as it would mean we're being proactively pragmatic about transitioning into our next dynasty era.

Go Dimma and new toys! (just not against Richmond)

Reactions: 6 users
Just wait till he finds out that those new toys are plastic belonging to a plastic club...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
the problem Dimma will find is in the boardroom of the Suns and the coked up white collar crime
attitude that permeates the club and the area ..

but he could very well be on board with it ..

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Gold Coast very confident in Hardwick.
Cabinet guy was in the club rooms measuring out their new trophy cabinet

• Haha
  • Wow
Just wait till he finds out that those new toys are plastic belonging to a plastic club...
And most importantly there is NO BALMEY !!

Balmey the Premiership Deliverer at Collingwood, the Cattery and Tigerland!

Last edited:
He can’t be trusted. She knows that first hand
Still has a Tiger in his tank
pin up bettie page GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Gold Coast very confident in Hardwick.
Cabinet guy was in the club rooms measuring out their new trophy cabinet
I heard he only measured 80% of it. Will come back when Dimma says they have their full list in play.

• Haha
And most importantly there is NO BALMEY !!

Balmey the Premiership Deliverer at Collingwood, the Cattery and Tigerland!
Pretty sure you could say much the same thing about Hardwick ... in fact he probably has a better hit rate.
Even at North under 19s. Two years for two flags was it?

Reactions: 1 user
He's probably wishing he stayed. He would be perfect in our current team. Goalkicking forward who can play ruck.

Wouldn't have a problem bringing him back
Phhht. Cholly had his big exciting break out year last year. Reverted back to regulation Cholly again this year n struggled to get games in a mid range bog ordinary team with only pretensions of grandeur.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting how much Hardwick has changed during the last decade or so. He started at Richmond being very understated in everything he said. He was humble, patient and loyal. He did, after all, lose his first nine games before saluting for the first time.

80% of the next Premiership team is already here. Sounds like hubris.

Hate to say it but I did not expect this from Hardwick. Does he really need the extra pressure? It is not as if he just signed up to coach the 1996 Chicago Bulls.

Interesting how much Hardwick has changed during the last decade or so. He started at Richmond being very understated in everything he said. He was humble, patient and loyal. He did, after all, lose his first nine games before saluting for the first time.

80% of the next Premiership team is already here. Sounds like hubris.

Hate to say it but I did not expect this from Hardwick. Does he really need the extra pressure? It is not as if he just signed up to coach the 1996 Chicago Bulls.
Agree. In one way, if he fails, he will claim he's done his best and take the money and run. He has a lower fan base and lower media hanging around up there which makes it more comfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I watched the "The Wounded Tiger" yesterday. It was pretty interesting to reflect on what everyone was saying about 2016 and 17.
It's also funny that Hardwick talked about 2016 he wasn't himself and his wife wanted to get back her husband and the man she knew.
Fast forward to now, and despite all the success, he appears to have lost himself somewhat. His marriage fell apart with some...dalliance in the hub. He prided himself on not giving up despite it getting hard. It'd be much harder to do that after 3 flags of course. With a belly full....who needs a petit fours after a three course meal? He also talked about how much Trent taught him.
I wonder how Dimma of 2017 would see the Dimma of 2023, if he could look at what's to come. I wonder if there'll be a Trent, Benny or Balmey to challenge and keep Dimma humble at the Gold Coast?
Gonna be a bit painful watching them with all their picks and academy players get a leg up from the AFL while we rebuild. Of course, I hope we stick it to the Karmichael Hunts every time we play them.

Reactions: 2 users
I watched the "The Wounded Tiger" yesterday. It was pretty interesting to reflect on what everyone was saying about 2016 and 17.
It's also funny that Hardwick talked about 2016 he wasn't himself and his wife wanted to get back her husband and the man she knew.
Fast forward to now, and despite all the success, he appears to have lost himself somewhat. His marriage fell apart with some...dalliance in the hub. He prided himself on not giving up despite it getting hard. It'd be much harder to do that after 3 flags of course. With a belly full....who needs a petit fours after a three course meal? He also talked about how much Trent taught him.
I wonder how Dimma of 2017 would see the Dimma of 2023, if he could look at what's to come. I wonder if there'll be a Trent, Benny or Balmey to challenge and keep Dimma humble at the Gold Coast?
Gonna be a bit painful watching them with all their picks and academy players get a leg up from the AFL while we rebuild. Of course, I hope we stick it to the Karmichael Hunts every time we play them.

Or it will be a bit like us and GWS - we were rock bottom and watched with horror as GWS picked the eyes out of the draft - fast forward a few years and first we knock ‘em flying out of a prelim on the way to glory and then smash ‘em in a granny, bring it on Coast, love to repeat that against Dimma.

Reactions: 2 users