Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Should see the place he purchased last March in Mermaid Beach

Property purchase search for a D Hardwick purchasing a property in Queensland in 2022 or 2023 returns a zero result

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Dimma never said he was burnt out. The media ran with that line but those words didn't come from Dimma.
That's not true Baloo.

He said in his press conference:

The rigours of the job "all became a bit too much".
and
The biggest thing on his plate was to "take a break" and "decompress".

If that's not burnout, I'm not sure what is.

That's not true Baloo.

and

I think Dimma chose his words very carefully. He left room to coach again very soon. Which I think is one of the reasons he didn't say he was burnt out.

I think Dimma chose his words very carefully. He left room to coach again very soon. Which I think is one of the reasons he didn't say he was burnt out.
What do you think the rigours of the job becoming too much could mean then?
Why do you think when he got asked a burnout in his presser he got defensive?

That's not true Baloo.

and

He did take a break and decompress didn't he?

It’s semantics, burnt out, tired, rigours of the job, it’s all the same. He’d had enough.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s semantics, burnt out, tired, rigours of the job, it’s all the same. He’d had enough.
Disagree. If someone is burnt out, I picture them as physically and/or emotionally exhausted to the point it's taking a toll on their health and well being. Dimma wasn't at that stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Agree TT.

It's a case if whether he was burned out, or burned out of us (certainly I'd be feeling energised by a 6yr many millions of dollars job).

Good luck to him. Grateful for his PART in three premierships. He's the enemy now.

Time to get on with finding our next Premiership and not worry about who's in the rear view mirror.

Disagree. If someone is burnt out, I picture them as physically and/or emotionally exhausted to the point it's taking a toll on their health an well being. Dimma was at that stage.
“Burn-out is a syndrome conceptualized as resulting from chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed. It is characterized by three dimensions:

feelings of energy depletion or exhaustion;
increased mental distance from one’s job, or feelings of negativism or cynicism related to one's job; and
reduced professional efficacy.

World Health Org.

It's moot.

Let's forget Dimma and move on. The last thing we want to do is become Essendon and searching for the next Sheedy. We need to wipe the slate and focus on what's next.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree TT.

It's a case if whether he was burned out, or burned out of us (certainly I'd be feeling energised by a 6yr many millions of dollars job).

Good luck to him. Grateful for his PART in three premierships. He's the enemy now.

Time to get on with finding our next Premiership and not worry about who's in the rear view mirror.
With a bit of luck our next premiership will be against the Suns in a similar vain to 2019 slappation of the Gee Whiz.

That'll be nice for Dimma and his Sunnyboys. :))

• Love
Reactions: 2 users