Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

He is also now the richest coach in the history of the game.
Lots of reason to celebrate for Hardwick

Reactions: 1 user
But he is objectively one of the best coaches in the history of the game, so that would be predictable and unremarkable wouldn't it?

Reactions: 1 users
Fran Healy Yolo GIF by Travis
Dimma this morning.

Let's not forget Dimma had Gale , Balme and Peggy in his corner the rock foundation won't have that at the sun's big disadvantage.

He spent years building Richmond to the point where we could be contenders Then delivered on 3 flags.

I reckon he didn't want to do it again, imagine the work and the pressure he was under for all of those years. I reckon he had just had enough at Richmond and knew the whole thing was getting a bit stale. Plus, coaching a big Melbourne club is a lot more stressful than GC.

So, he left and decent timing really. The players ageing, lower draft picks etc. Not sure Hardwick or the club would have benefitted from trying the next rebuild with the same coach.

GC have a good list, plus, it is a young good list with some good prospects coming through their academy (what's with academies, do we even have one, did they find the worst academy just for us?) so the prospects there are good.

Good luck to him, nice job, warm climate, some decent prospects with their list. I reckon he will do well. Stuart Dew won't get the credit but he is the one who got them to this point where they are a decent team. GC have won some good games this year and should improve anyway. Dimma is a good coach and they will get a bounce next year and should be in finals.

Won't hear a bad word from me about the guy who got us 3 flags after 37 years of pain.

DS

Reactions: 31 users
Could be a career ressurrection for George at the Goldie under Dimma.

Big business in Tattoo Parlors on the Goldie too, which could interest Costanza

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Stuart Dew won't get the credit but he is the one who got them to this point where they are a decent team. GC have won some good games this year and should improve anyway.

DS
I don't reckon dew was much chop. They are at a point where they are a decent team because of a swag of early draft picks.

Reactions: 3 users
I will be forever grateful for the role Dimma played in delivering those three flags.

He mightn't have meant it but I didn't like on AFL 360 where he said he was happy he made the effort to go to Jack and Cotch's last game. I would have thought he should have been there with bell's on rather than saying it was an effort to go.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I will be forever grateful for the role Dimma played in delivering those three flags.

He mightn't have meant it but I didn't like on AFL 360 where he said he was happy he made the effort to go to Jack and Cotch's last game. I would have hought he should have been there with bell's on rather than saying it was an effort to go.
Agree and I also didn’t like the shiny new toys comment
Just casting aside the old toys, like they had no use anymore- those players had put their bodies on the line for him, for years
It just seemed a bit tacky

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Most coaches are sacked or told to fall on their sword, how many choose to walk away like Hardwick, few if any. Hardwick didn't need to have something lined up, as he knew he'd be in demand as the most successful coach of the past 10 years.
Hardwick didn’t resign . He was tapped on the shoulder. Club knew exactly what was happening behind the scenes . Will come out in the wash

Hardwick didn’t resign . He was tapped on the shoulder. Club knew exactly what was happening behind the scenes . Will come out in the wash
I got feeling Gale seen the writing on the wall and the club and made the move.

Reactions: 1 user