Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Well that will be really good.

Regardless of the circumstances of him leaving, on Saturday we all celebrate the Dimmasty.

It just might be that Dimma is holding off on the GC announcement until he bids the army farewell.

I was surprised and deflated by the Rancey and Dimma exits but overwhelmingly grateful for the part they played in our wonderful footy ride.

It will be a poetic ending for Jack, Cotch and Dimma on Saturday.

I'd love to see an on field guard of honour of our Dimmasty players to mark this triple celebration.
Interesting
Alex Rance is building a home on the .GC
Brought a knock door job last year . Already been demolished
New house on its way
In Southport
The plot thickens

I still don’t get how he dudded us. Three flags, tried for a fourth this season before he realised his imperial guard were no longer up for it. So he bailed.

What is wrong with this?
Was in deep conversation with 2 clubs at round 5 this year !! That’s what wrong

I have no problem with Dimma's exit.

He gave us everything he had. And it was plenty.

We probably would have been better off if he'd pulled the pin at the end of last year. The first half of the season we blew a lot of winnable games, partly due to him being spiritually checked out.

But he championed a dynasty.

He's earned a retirement on the Gold Coast.

As an aside, my suspicion is that GC remain in the bottom half of the ladder during his tenure there.

Reactions: 4 users
Interesting
New house on its way
In Southport
The plot thickens
How so? I believe Dimma to GC and Rance joining him has been in the planning since 2016...

Reactions: 1 users
I have no problem with Dimma's exit.

He gave us everything he had. And it was plenty.

We probably would have been better off if he'd pulled the pin at the end of last year. The first half of the season we blew a lot of winnable games, partly due to him being spiritually checked out.

But he championed a dynasty.

He's earned a retirement on the Gold Coast.

As an aside, my suspicion is that GC remain in the bottom half of the ladder during his tenure there.

I see it the other way round. Reckon Dimma was coaching just fine early doors, but his senior players had fallen away quite badly.

So he departed quickly, cleanly. Sparing all concerned months of negative chatter.

It was frankly perfect and this supporter thanks him for it.

Reactions: 3 users
I see it the other way round. Reckon Dimma was coaching just fine early doors, but his senior players had fallen away quite badly.

So he departed quickly, cleanly. Sparing all concerned months of negative chatter.
No one really knows the which is the cause or effect.

His senior players picked up a lot after he left.

As did the kids.

As did the win/loss ratio.

But it's all academic now, seeing the loss of both coach and senior players.

Richmond fans at the airport

get him crowd GIF by South Park
joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha
Interesting
New house on its way
In Southport
The plot thickens
Seriously what on earth are you going on about?
Rance knew Dimma was heading to Suns early last year when he bought his property?
Where you going with this?

• Haha
The AFL have just released GC fixture for 2024.
1. Hawthorn Metricon
2. Stkilda Telstra Dome
3. Footscary Telstra Dome
4. Brisbane Gabba
5. Collingwood Metricon
6. Richmond Telstra Dome
7. Melbourne Telstra Dome

• Haha
Seriously what on earth are you going on about?
Rance knew Dimma was heading to Suns early last year when he bought his property?
Where you going with this?
Just a bit of fodder for the conspiracy theorists. Lol

Just a bit of fodder for the conspiracy theorists. Lol

I am pretty sure Alex's sister lives on the Gold Coast and he is close to her and her kids, which I suspect is a more likely reason he would be building a house up there.

Reactions: 1 user
News that Black Hole Suns missed the ambassador money for Treasonwick. Maybe. If so good.
Word is AFLQ are chipping in out of their state budget.

Gonna mean the Auskick kids get biodegradable water bottles and grassroots footy get 1 less umpire.

Dimma may save the planet. Earth Man?

Reactions: 1 user
I thank Damien for his part in our recent success.
Like everyone else I wanted it to go on forever.

Give time to reflect, I think we've been slightly hoodwinked in the manner of his departure though and if I'm a tiny little bit disappointed, it's that he sold a dream to Taranto and Hopper and obviously the rest of the group, then bailed on it.

Bet he didn't tell those 2 this was his last year at the club.
The Richmond Man thing sort of feels a tad hollow for me concerning Dimma now.
I understand it's just all business, so let's not treat us all like a bunch of knuckleheads.

Taranto and Hopper came to the Richmond Football Club, not Dimmas House of Coaching.
The roar of the crowd, the history of champions, the champions in the changerooms, the culture of the club.
Nome of that disappears.
I'd guess that Dimma mightve said "we will do everything we can to give the best environment for you .... oh and win a flag or 3."
Timmy and Jacob havent been shortchanged

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah but we'd most probably be worse off if he stayed.
Quite possibly. But have some integrity. Take 12 months off, take a genuine rest if you're burned out.
I see this going the way of a certain super coach and St Kilda. Hiring someone who thinks he's rested and ready to go again, and likely to get very frustrated when it gets hard. They have a culture to fix, not just games to win.

Reactions: 5 users