Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

They will. But, also watch this AholeFL to fixture 1 game for us to play them at GC.
We played them in Melbourne this year, so it’ll probably be up there. However, if they really want to maximise GC’s chances it’ll be at Marvel. Hardwick should be treated like any former player, coach, etc. He’s no longer part of our club, so who cares about him?

Reactions: 5 users
Dimma signed a 3 year contract extension before the beginning of the 2021 season, and you're saying that he "Had no intention on coaching RFC in 2024" :unsure:
Correct . He met with Port and told Port he wouldn’t be coaching in 2024 at the RFC . You will find this is actually well known !

I thought something was rotten in the state of Denmark when Dimma watched a video then resigned. When he magically revitalised in a few weeks I knew we had been played.

His mate Clarkson took time off when fatigued....he took it a bit further!

It was such fun, the dimmasty, but there will always be a shadow over the final act in this Shakespearian play

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't take long did it? Not happy with this. Looks like we were old out of date sausages and the Huns better ones.
Yeh it reeks a bit. As much as we all love him for what he did for our club this all seems a bit shady. Losing the passion then regaining it within 3 months, just bizarre. Wonder how stewy dew feels? A bit back-doored I would think..

Yeh it reeks a bit. As much as we all love him for what he did for our club this all seems a bit shady. Losing the passion then regaining it within 3 months, just bizarre. Wonder how stewy dew feels? A bit back-doored I would think..
I was wondering why Benny and O'Rourke looked a bit pissed off / upset at the presser.

Cooking snags just a smoke screen
That’s what you get if you use charcoal and not red gum

Whirlwind visit to Italy worked hey?

Anyone got Ralph Malph's phone number? I've got a bridge to sell him.

Horse *smile*.

He got paid PLENTY. Yes, he got us three premierships. But he didn't
a) do it alone
b) was paid to actually achieve this task

Yes. I've applied for another job before I've left another. But I haven't asked the business I was working at to restructure to give me success, then walk out when it looked like that plan wasn't working.

We gave draft picks to have a "last dance." I'm sure the club signed off on it- so like he didn't solely create premierships, he didn't solely give up picks. But if you ask, nay drive, a planned direction. You stick around to see it through, not say. Sorry folks, it's got too hard.

Dog act.
I agree now General. Dog act.

Reactions: 1 users
The bloke did the dirty on his missus but no issue from me as that’s his private business, with that in mind there’s absolutely no surprises that he was setting himself up with another club behind the scenes. I still love him though.

Reactions: 2 users
Didn't take long did it? Not happy with this. Looks like we were old out of date sausages and the Huns better ones.
Has no one ever taken Long Service Leave?

3 months is a long time.

I for one came back to work fully rested and remotivated (which is the exact purpose of LSL)

(albeit it's purpose was historically to allow settlers/soldier/servants of the Crown a return trip to the Old Blighty to compensate for the tyranny of distance from the Mother Country)

Don't read more into this than there is.

Ultimately Dimma is going to get smashed in Divorce Court (if he hasn't already) and was going to have to return to work somewhere..........

Legacy tarnished.

Cheated on us with a younger model guess a leopard doesnt change its spots

• Dislike
Good for him. 3 months is a long break from work and no doubt it's re-fueled his passion for the game.

Best of luck to him, other than when playing Richmond. Will always be a Richmond champion in my eyes.

Reactions: 6 users
Good for him. 3 months is a long break from work and no doubt it's re-fueled his passion for the game.

Best of luck to him, other than when playing Richmond. Will always be a Richmond champion in my eyes.
Exactly. How many people on here have taken a break from work longer than 4 months once they were past their early 20s?

Its like posters think he should be in a period of mourning, only wearing black (and yellow) for 2 years.

Reactions: 4 users
Exactly. How many people on here have taken a break from work longer than 4 months once they were past their early 20s?

Its like posters think he should be in a period of mourning, only wearing black (and yellow) for 2 years.
Not me.

As I said earlier though, I don't get paid a seven figure salary, and I didn't expect a business to restructure itself to operate around me, then jump ship when it fails.

Comparing ordinary working environments to AFL coaching or playing is a very poorly thought through construct.

Reactions: 3 users