Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I'm trying to take the higher ground in these matters so I won't point out that you probably see my posts as stupid because you aren't smart enough to understand them.
Yes we all know that your motives are always so altruistic.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hardwick can go forth as far as lm concerned,he walked ,bailed, burnt out ????
Now will coach GC. *smile* him and l recon Balme & Gale would be seething .

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Horse *smile*.

He got paid PLENTY. Yes, he got us three premierships. But he didn't
a) do it alone
b) was paid to actually achieve this task

Yes. I've applied for another job before I've left another. But I haven't asked the business I was working at to restructure to give me success, then walk out when it looked like that plan wasn't working.

We gave draft picks to have a "last dance." I'm sure the club signed off on it- so like he didn't solely create premierships, he didn't solely give up picks. But if you ask, nay drive, a planned direction. You stick around to see it through, not say. Sorry folks, it's got too hard.

Dog act.
Pin this post. Those last 2 words I originally disagreed with seem to be glowing and getting bigger.

Horse *smile*.

He got paid PLENTY. Yes, he got us three premierships. But he didn't
a) do it alone
b) was paid to actually achieve this task

Yes. I've applied for another job before I've left another. But I haven't asked the business I was working at to restructure to give me success, then walk out when it looked like that plan wasn't working.

We gave draft picks to have a "last dance." I'm sure the club signed off on it- so like he didn't solely create premierships, he didn't solely give up picks. But if you ask, nay drive, a planned direction. You stick around to see it through, not say. Sorry folks, it's got too hard.

Dog act.

Had this opinion since he quit. Seemed a real soft option for Hardwick.

Took the money and ran when he wanted to jet out and see the world. Should have jumped last year, I reckon.

Reactions: 4 users
Waiting’s opinion.
—————————-

Coincidence or rubbish.

Since the Melb game where we were in with a show , once rumours of Hardwick pretty much the man GC want for their coach , the players have just lost the passion, drive, energy to fight on ?

Even as slim as it seemed playing finals after the Saints win, for Cotchin’s 300, Hardwick in the crowd , that when it became apparent he was being wooed by Evans for the top job , they said to themselves ( mentally ), like a marriage, relationship, “ got dumped “, when he told them I can’t cook the sausages the 1001 way but weeks later I’m ready to cook them again”

They were together in a varying degrees the only coach they had.

The ‘marriage ‘ lasted 14 years.

It’s ended. It’s over.

Mini can’t inspire them with any ‘words’.

Checked out.

But I hope they have something left to win for Cotch , if he plays to farewell and move on from Hardwick, as I think I and many of us should.

He was our coach , but is no longer and will soon be coaching the GCS and his focus will be on that group of players.

Reactions: 2 users
Let’s see how things go…
when he fronts up next year with his shinny new toy as we stick to struggle street.
things might get prickly
Hot Dog Eating GIF

Let’s see how things go…
when he fronts up next year with his shinny new toy as we stick to struggle street.
things might get prickly
Hot Dog Eating GIF
They will. But, also watch this AholeFL to fixture 1 game for us to play them at GC.

Waiting’s opinion.
—————————-

Coincidence or rubbish.

Since the Melb game where we were in with a show , once rumours of Hardwick pretty much the man GC want for their coach , the players have just lost the passion, drive, energy to fight on ?

Even as slim as it seemed playing finals after the Saints win, for Cotchin’s 300, Hardwick in the crowd , that when it became apparent he was being wooed by Evans for the top job , they said to themselves ( mentally ), like a marriage, relationship, “ got dumped “, when he told them I can’t cook the sausages the 1001 way but weeks later I’m ready to cook them again”

They were together in a varying degrees the only coach they had.

The ‘marriage ‘ lasted 14 years.

It’s ended. It’s over.

Mini can’t inspire them with any ‘words’.

Checked out.

But I hope they have something left to win for Cotch , if he plays to farewell and move on from Hardwick, as I think I and many of us should.

He was our coach , but is no longer and will soon be coaching the GCS and his focus will be on that group of players.
Was thinking the same thing earlier today Waiting. The move to GC basically made the honeymoon departure into something less than that.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
They will. But, also watch this AholeFL to fixture 1 game for us to play them at GC.
They will get a bloody cozy draw too in order to assist them as best as possible.

Yep, they likely won't be playing the RFC in Melbourne next year you can almost nail it on I reckon.

I reckon Dimma go forth and multiply as well
Why ?
He signed a contract but had no intention on coaching RFC in 2024
This was made known by his meeting with Port during round 5 ( Gather Round )
Four weeks later after Dreamtime he was told to consider his coaching career if he wasn’t going to coach the RFC in 2024
Next day he resigns
The rubbish about cooking snags then a month later he is back into cooking is utter theatre
Gold Coast in the mix all along had to move their coach on as Port was getting serious about the “ MasterChef -sausage cooker
God help Dimma if he thinks Danny Daly will be his right hand man
4 clubs in 12 years , the Greg Norman of the AFL
Good luck

• Sad
They will get a bloody cozy draw too in order to assist them as best as possible.

Yep, they likely won't be playing the RFC in Melbourne next year you can almost nail it on I reckon.
Guaranteed Craigo. Guaranteed.

Though wouldn’t it be a laugh if we played at the Dump.

At the end of the day I don’t ‘hate’ the man but I wish GCS no success and ‘this relationship’ to falter and fail.

Hate is such a harsh word.

But does Hardwick have a ‘Trent Cotchin’ at his helm if my question?

Still hurting, so I can’t wish you now good luck.

** To me it’s like when Northey left us and went to the now Lions.

Us fans were hurt. Players were hurt.

We got Walls but it took us , but it took 6 years to see finals again with Frawley in 01 and more than a decade again under Hardwick.

I’m just a mug supporter confused and hurt , not a player.

This is looking like the end of 16 but there will no Cotch , Jack and now Hardwick to ………

*** the rest is to written***

hasta la vista

Last edited:
He signed a contract but had no intention on coaching RFC in 2024
Dimma signed a 3 year contract extension before the beginning of the 2021 season, and you're saying that he "Had no intention on coaching RFC in 2024" :unsure: