Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Dimma left his wife. They have three adult offspring. He spent 30 years with Danielle and should not be judged by people who have barely been alive that long. Or anyone, for that matter.

Thirty years with one person. Three babies who are now adults. A comfortable lifestyle, for three decades, for five people, provided by the fruits of his labour. Yes, marriages are partnerships, which he has acknowledged many times. They also end.

Thirty years. That used to be enough for death to step in and do part. It's a long time.

You only get one life.

Reactions: 22 users
Can't stand when things get personal about Hardwick's relationship.
The sacrifices & commitment Damien, Danielle & their entire family made in order to make us a successful club would have been enormous.
They deserve respect without blame or innuendo best left in Women's Day magazines.

Reactions: 24 users
Dimma left his wife. They have three adult offspring. He spent 30 years with Danielle and should not be judged by people who have barely been alive that long. Or anyone, for that matter.

Thirty years with one person. Three babies who are now adults. A comfortable lifestyle, for three decades, for five people, provided by the fruits of his labour. Yes, marriages are partnerships, which he has acknowledged many times. They also end.

Thirty years. That used to be enough for death to step in and do part. It's a long time.

You only get one life.

No issue with Dimma and Danielle going their separate ways for the reasons you have given.

The insinuation (whether fact or BS) is that he did it the wrong way and used the hub for extra-marital purposes.

If fact, that's not the way to go about a 30 year marital break up, obviously and, given how close Danielle and the Hardwick family were to the fabric of the club, I can understand how the players would have lost some respect for the way he has handled himself.

If BS and they jointly agreed to go separate ways, then the players can't judge him for that.

Reactions: 1 user
No issue with Dimma and Danielle going their separate ways for the reasons you have given.

The insinuation (whether fact or BS) is that he did it the wrong way and used the hub for extra-marital purposes.

If fact, that's not the way to go about a 30 year marital break up, obviously and, given how close Danielle and the Hardwick family were to the fabric of the club, I can understand how the players would have lost some respect for the way he has handled himself.

If BS and they jointly agreed to go separate ways, then the players can't judge him for that.
I don't know what happened, it's none of my business what happened. Stuff happens. Life's messy, people get hurt. People take sides, or feel sympathy one way or the other. That's natural. Relationships end and the friendships around them change or end too. Sometimes new relationships begin while old ones are still going. Not great timing and that's when people get hurt and feel aggrieved, and some feel aggrieved on their behalf. It can change the way a friend feels about that person. But who are we to deny someone happiness? Should they forgo that so as not to hurt someone? (No. Hurt heals.)

People thought Paul Hogan was a scumbag because he left one woman he'd been with for 30 years for another he's now been with for 35 years. I reckon that's two pretty good innings myself. But I don't know, so I don't care.

Life's hard and messy and painful. Don't judge, because you don't know, that's my credo.

Reactions: 15 users
Will keep this in the Dimma thread rather than the Cotch...

I preface this by suggesting if you question my love for Dimma read my other comments on him.

After watching Cotchy's interviews and retirement speech yesterday... Ive said this before in different threads, i have absolutely NO Doubts that Dimma cheating has drastically changed their friendship.. Look at the interviews during the dynasty years and the love they spoke about each other, since then they barely comment on each other and when they do its polite and matter of fact (on both sides)..

I'm guessing it has also had a large effect on others, players, admin etc at RFC...

Such a shame and i am sure both can move forward and enjoy those premiership reunions in the future.

I agree sadly and I know this is the sort of comment that draws ire (if so it's my opinion so if you don't like it tough) but Cotchin strikes me as a guy who has very little life experience and probably has no idea how to handle something like that.

Combine that with his wife being a colossal pain in arse (again my opinion) who also has very little experience but was happy to get in the middle for the sake of some attention and it's a recipe for a falling out.

wow... what's going on in this thread...!

some of it reads like Sky News vs Royal Watchers might....

'move on' is all I've got

Reactions: 8 users
Interesting re Dimma
Ran off with a fellow employee
While Danielle had many players over for dinner regularly on Monday and Tuesday
Danielle was part of the RFC , like it or not
Many players lived with the Hardwicks over the years . The separation was hard for many at the club . Players are professionals and moved forward but the dynamics changed for good ! Oh let’s do forget the Mrs Hardwick comments in the weekly presser
Dimma may have left but only after being suggested to leave ( tapped on the shoulder ). Good luck to him living in Burleigh

Where it gets a bit different with Dimma is that he had made "Mrs Hardwick" as part of the Richmond/Hardwick story.

He even gave his rock to her in the 2020 as part of that little Grand Final story.

We also have Mrs Hardwick to thank for the Deledio trade (and probably others).

Reactions: 1 users
I agree sadly and I know this is the sort of comment that draws ire (if so it's my opinion so if you don't like it tough) but Cotchin strikes me as a guy who has very little life experience and probably has no idea how to handle something like that.

Combine that with his wife being a colossal pain in arse (again my opinion) who also has very little experience but was happy to get in the middle for the sake of some attention and it's a recipe for a falling out.
What connection do you have with Trent to come to the opinion he has “very little life experience “ ? And with Brooke to classify her as a “colossal pain in the arse”?

Reactions: 4 users
I absolutely love Dimma and what he has done for us. People saying its personal i agree with, however Danielle has discussed it in magazines and newspapers, its out there..

I absolutely agree with spook, 30 years is 30 years, i also agree with Jb, Danielle was part of the club also... So that then leads to impacting our club, just because its not what we all want to hear doesnt mean it shouldnt be discussed.

I merely commented that two of our key parts of our dynasty clearly have had a falling out which i find sad, they say time heals and i hope thats the case as they are both legends of RFC in my eyes.

Reactions: 3 users
Will keep this in the Dimma thread rather than the Cotch...

I preface this by suggesting if you question my love for Dimma read my other comments on him.

After watching Cotchy's interviews and retirement speech yesterday... Ive said this before in different threads, i have absolutely NO Doubts that Dimma cheating has drastically changed their friendship.. Look at the interviews during the dynasty years and the love they spoke about each other, since then they barely comment on each other and when they do its polite and matter of fact (on both sides)..

I'm guessing it has also had a large effect on others, players, admin etc at RFC...

Such a shame and i am sure both can move forward and enjoy those premiership reunions in the future.
Fractured relationships at punt Rd.

What connection do you have with Trent to come to the opinion he has “very little life experience “ ? And with Brooke to classify her as a “colossal pain in the arse”?

He was drafted at 17 and has been a pro footballer all his life and I know how those guys live. Comes from a solid family in a middle class suburb and attended private school. By all reports he is a meat and potatoes sort of fella, who would be at the same spot on the Murray while the other young blokes were heading overseas at the end of the season.

I think someone like that is far more likely to have a fairly judgemental position on social issues than say Dustin with his background.

On the second point I'd rather not share.

He was drafted at 17 and has been a pro footballer all his life and I know how those guys live. Comes from a solid family in a middle class suburb and attended private school. By all reports he is a meat and potatoes sort of fella, who would be at the same spot on the Murray while the other young blokes were heading overseas at the end of the season.

I think someone like that is far more likely to have a fairly judgemental position on social issues than say Dustin with his background.

On the second point I'd rather not share.
That’s a pretty tenuous reason to form an opinion that Cotch has “very little life experience”. And to label Brooke as a “colossal pain in the arse” without backing it up is pretty poor example of character assassination.

Reactions: 6 users
I don't know what happened, it's none of my business what happened. Stuff happens. Life's messy, people get hurt. People take sides, or feel sympathy one way or the other. That's natural. Relationships end and the friendships around them change or end too. Sometimes new relationships begin while old ones are still going. Not great timing and that's when people get hurt and feel aggrieved, and some feel aggrieved on their behalf. It can change the way a friend feels about that person. But who are we to deny someone happiness? Should they forgo that so as not to hurt someone? (No. Hurt heals.)

People thought Paul Hogan was a scumbag because he left one woman he'd been with for 30 years for another he's now been with for 35 years. I reckon that's two pretty good innings myself. But I don't know, so I don't care.

Life's hard and messy and painful. Don't judge, because you don't know, that's my credo.
Well written Spook.

Where it gets a bit different with Dimma is that he had made "Mrs Hardwick" as part of the Richmond/Hardwick story.

He even gave his rock to her in the 2020 as part of that little Grand Final story.

We also have Mrs Hardwick to thank for the Deledio trade (and probably others).
I noticed today Fly referenced his wife in a press conference about her displeasure in allowing Sicily to roam free.

He should be very careful .

Whatever happened with the Hardwicks is none of our business. These things happen as said above. No doubt it had an effect on the team but it’s still none of our business!

Reactions: 4 users
That’s a pretty tenuous reason to form an opinion that Cotch has “very little life experience”. And to label Brooke as a “colossal pain in the arse” without backing it up is pretty poor example of character assassination.

I guess that's the beautiful thing about opinions, everyone is free to have their own.

I know what I know and I'm very comfortable with mine, others can please themselves.