Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I heard Parrot on Sunday Footy Show say that Dimma hasn't signed the Huns contract and they're still waiting to see if he does. So, no done deal?

Reactions: 1 user
I heard Parrot on Sunday Footy Show say that Dimma hasn't signed the Huns contract and they're still waiting to see if he does. So, no done deal?
Lock it in. Parrot couldn’t pick his nose with a carrot

• Haha
What's this about meeting Port in rd 5 while his our coach ?. If true I don't like the about face he went about it.
Its scuttlebut. Maybe happened, maybe didnt.
Personally I doubt any senior coach has time midweek to time to do so.
Maybe he caught up with old colleagues for a coffee.

I wouldnt be surprised if Dimma's manager didnt have a chat with other clubs.
Not instigated by Dimma or his manager, necessarily.
But its the manager's role to know who might offer a job, should the current situation split.
And its the club's role to find out who might be gettable, should it be needed.

Would Dimma, the 3 time flag coach, need to be chasing a gig in r5?
He knew and all of AFL knew he could walk into most coaching jobs. So doubt he was chasing in r5.

Reactions: 2 users
Rumour mill words always seem to be confused with fact. No one aside from Dimma knows the truth on this subject but the scribes will pretend otherwise

What's this about meeting Port in rd 5 while his our coach ?. If true I don't like the about face he went about it.
100% true. As Port made it public that they were holding off on Ken
Dimma made it known to them he had NO intention on coaching the Tiges in 2024
4 weeks later Dimma is gone from Punt Rd

But its the manager's role to know who might offer a job, should the current situation split.

He knew and all of AFL knew he could walk into most coaching jobs. So doubt he was chasing in r5.
100% he was . You can believe what you like
Port put Ken on hold . Dimma had no intention in coaching the Tiges in 2024
One month later , Dimma gone from punt rd

Rumour mill words always seem to be confused with fact. No one aside from Dimma knows the truth on this subject but the scribes will pretend otherwise
Someone should ask Dimma why he spoke to Port during the gather round ? He was actually sprung . It’s no big secret you will find . Club found out . 4 weeks later Dimma leaves Punt Rd . No big deal . Excuse he is burnt out . . 3 weeks makes in known he wants to coach agsin . One month later , Dew gone !

Reactions: 1 users
We all want to join the ‘dots’ but if indeed and that’s a big if, met with Port I would be extremely hurt.

I still have no answer to one moment being burnt out and two weeks later back in love with coaching.

To me the answer lies in what he said at the presser post resigning.

“I couldn’t find the 1001 way to cook the sausages’ ( words to that affect ).

Just tell us that coaching the RFC for 14 years had run it’s race and you saw the writing on the wall.

You could no longer motivate yourself or the players anymore.

** the fact that there is no news from GCS about Hardwick coaching them could mean Ken , now I say , might be in trouble.

What is Port waiting on here?

Either you know and want him as your man or not.

This coach merry go round May have some twists still!

He knew and all of AFL knew he could walk into most coaching jobs. So doubt he was chasing in
I’m confused with such a concentration of AFL media in and around the gather Rd no one..literally no one reported this meeting.
And since such time not one reporter has reported this meeting.
Tom Cruise Hide GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Why would Mark Evans fly to Italy when he speaks to Hardwick over the phone regularly
All abit odd
Junket perhaps

Why would Mark Evans fly to Italy when he speaks to Hardwick over the phone regularly
All abit odd
Junket perhaps
Honestly I don't find it odd at all. High-stakes meetings should be eyeball to eyeball. And travelling to meet sends a strong message of intent.

and also I reckon you'd get a good futtuccini marinara over there.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Honestly I don't find it odd at all. High-stakes meetings should be eyeball to eyeball. And travelling to meet sends a strong message of intent.

Nothing like a real Italian futtuccini marinara Snakey! Nothing wrong at all!

COTCHIN BACKS HARDWICK GOLD COAST MOVE

Jon Ralph
Richmond premiership captain Trent Cotchin has endorsed Damien Hardwick’s imminent move to Gold Coast as he prepares to make a decision on his own future.
Cotchin missed Friday’s loss to Western Bulldogs with a tight calf in what was a loss that likely ended the Tigers’ finals hopes.
He hopes to return alongside Dustin Martin against St Kilda on Sunday.
The Herald Sun reported on Saturday that Gold Coast powerbrokers Mark Evans and Bob East returned from their Italian meeting with Hardwick confident he would be their coach next year.
Cotchin said he held no ill feeling against Hardwick despite the mid-season exit.
“He just got to a point where he knew he probably wasn’t the right person for leading our footy club through this year,” Cotchin said on Triple M.
“You can get tired. I have seen first-hand how exhausting being a senior coach can be in his journey of 14 or 15 years.
“Seeing him the day he told me at his house, it felt like there was colour back in his eyes.
“His skin looked as healthy as it had looked and that was literally an overnight thing.
“It was his time to move on to the next thing and by all accounts he has enjoyed Europe.”
Richmond has asked multiple Coleman medallist Jack Riewoldt whether he might play on next year given the lack of forward options.
Cotchin is tipped to retire but said he would make no definitive decision until talks with the club’s senior leaders.
“I think I am close,” Cotchin said of the decision on his future.

www.heraldsun.com.au

Reactions: 3 users
Its Suns or Port - you need 2 to negotiate the biggest deal. Dimma is a wise man.

My guess is Port and Suns are both keen.

Dimma already has strong connections with Port.

My guess and that is all it is that he would Like to coach Port because they are in the window.

However Gold Coast is a lifestyle choice and if the money is huge he will take the offer.

if you are tired of flying to an Italian summer you are tired of life

• Love
  • Haha
I've been surprised by the amount of anti Hinkley sentiment coming from Port supporters
and it seemed to be getting loud at the start of the season when they lost in rnds 2 & 3
so no surprise if port people did start making enquiries
but sitting 4th on the ladder and a real chance of going top 2 has put all that on ice

but if Port go out in straight sets then things could flare up quickly , it is a brutal business

revisit this thread in 4 weeks time

All abit odd
Junket perhaps
The media reporting he was back within 3 days.
Its a 20 hour trip each way.
I dont think they are doing junket right

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I’m in the “He gave us three premierships*, so whatever he does now, he has my blessing. And anyway, we needed a refresh of game plan/longer-term strategy/ideas generally, so win/win” camp.

He’s had a reboot of his private life (I didn’t approve, but it’s his life). I can see why he now has a burst of energy to turn other key pillars of his life on their heads, and start anew - new life, new state, new climate, new team and club/work group. All new ideas. Makes perfect sense. Maybe was even thinking of new career, til the break gave him the insight to see that he just loves coaching.

*Of course, not just due to him.

Reactions: 1 users
Its Suns or Port - you need 2 to negotiate the biggest deal. Dimma is a wise man.

My guess is Port and Suns are both keen.

Dimma already has strong connections with Port.

My guess and that is all it is that he would Like to coach Port because they are in the window.

However Gold Coast is a lifestyle choice and if the money is huge he will take the offer.
And GC has a great list that just needs some fine-tuning, a couple of key cogs (which having Dimma as coach could attract), and some of his “team first” approach to explode…

Port also has a great list, but it doesn’t have the GC weather!