Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

I think there's a bit of subtlety there.
You can't go get other contracts when you're contracted .....but your manager can. I don't believe Richmond were tapping him on the shoulder.
The rawness of his resignation and the shellshock on people's faces was to genuine and natural for it to be staged across a large group of people. Gale looked as frazzled as anyone. The resignation is probably been a fly in the ointment to Gale going to AFL house - he's got one last task to do.
But I'm absolutely certain GC had contacted his manager and offered non-specific amounts of millions over non specific years. They can all look in a camera and say there was no contract at that time - and it be completely true.
But there's definitely been contact. Things got tough. He had a sweetheart arrangement in place that would be easier to get success from than rebuilding us. Exit stage left. Get 4-6 months holidays. Roll up for pre-season feeling refreshed.
Yes he won 3 premierships. But he was nearly sacked. The CLUB backed him in. He wasn't doing us a favour, we did him one. This narrative that we should be grateful he graced us with his presence needs to stop.
He was saved from the ex-coaches club. The club supported and developed him. They helped him become who he is, and create the Hardwick reputation, the legacy. It was a symbiotic relationship where he was paid handsomely. Yes I don't doubt he loved the place. I don't doubt there's genuine affection for him from all. Doesn't mean self preservation hasn't kicked in here.
Richmond tapped him on shoulder . Common knowledge that Dimma was trying to get out of 2024 contract
Club said ., Dimma you should look at your career if you don’t want to coach in 2024
The rest is history
Let’s don’t let the facts get in the way now
There is a reason Ken Hinckley hasn’t signed with Port
He wanted the GC gig.
FACT !
Worth noting Ken doesn’t wear a headset on the bench at Port
As Josh Carr is pulling the strings
The plot thickens

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Dima can FO adfar as lm concerned .
He pissed off mid year ! What coach does that ?
Plenty of coaches get pissed off mid year or mid contract by their clubs, just ask Dewy n Ratts, doesn't matter what the bit of paper says. Some shiny arsed prick sitting in his orifice goes yeah, nah *smile* off, the coach is gone. For whatever reason, Dimma realised he was pretty much cooked at Tiger land so he beat the shiny arse n said yeah, nah n gone out on his terms. Good luck to the bloke for being half a step ahead.
Half a year off is a fairly decent holiday in anyone's book, so by the end of this year he's up and about n ready to go at it again.

Reactions: 1 users
Richmond tapped him on shoulder . Common knowledge that Dimma was trying to get out of 2024 contract
Club said ., Dimma you should look at your career if you don’t want to coach in 2024
The rest is history
Let’s don’t let the facts get in the way now
There is a reason Ken Hinckley hasn’t signed with Port
He wanted the GC gig.
FACT !
Worth noting Ken doesn’t wear a headset on the bench at Port
As Josh Carr is pulling the strings
The plot thickens
Surely Koch would've sacked Hinkley and given Carr the job long time ago.

Give us fellas with abandonment issues who have to hate our ex’s for a bit some time smarty pants’. We may be reactive and irrational but we are great lovers.

• Haha
In a nutshell the position you have to get right is the footy manager. You need competent people in the rest of the roles but ultimately you have to get lucky enough to assemble a list capable and durable enough to win a premiership together.

You can have very, very good operators in key roles and get horrible results if you aren't lucky enough to get the mix of players right at any one time and getting that mix right is indisputably luck.
I think to win a premiership that's the case. To win two or three? That's more than luck.
Generally I think the past dynasties have had one of the following scenarios support them.
a) dubious salary cap practices
b) resulted from a merger/unusual list creation
c) expansion clubs diluting talent -> those who are "up" stay up longer as bottom clubs have less access to talent to rebuild and change the status quo.
d) happened when it was easier to hide or get access to players (eg vfl days)

I think we're unique in that we rebuilt a list around expansion clubs. We didn't develop a list from being a new club and access to special concessions.

Reactions: 3 users
Who knows but this doesn’t feel like a deal done ages ago to me.
That being said Dimma is in Cinque Terre which is a very nice part of Italy. Manarola and Vernazza particularly are gorgeous places. Maybe Evans just fancied a meal by the Italian seaside with a nice Borolo.
Its a beauty of a place.
My most fav part of italy

Reactions: 1 user
Even if all true, i harbour no ill feelings. People go through different things during different periods of their lives, I have absolutely no doubt we got the absolue best out of Dimma and the 3 flags are in the books.

AFL industry theres lots of changes, i dont care that i dont know every sorded detail, what i do know is he worked his backside off for majority of his 14 years and we fans finally saw success, lots of it.. Thats good enough for me and i wish him all the best for whatever he does in future, just not vs tigers!.
Even if true?
There must be a lot of great actors at RFC!
Major fall out and all that stuff. Yet Benny Gale and Dimma will talk so warmly together. Just brilliant actors

As would any Joe Citizen, me included!

But he's not your average bloke. He's obviously already well off, so surely it could've waited. I know I'd appreciate that if I was in his situation.

This hits the heights of 'last dance at the Dorset on a Saturday night' levels of desperation from the Suns.
Dorset closing? Time to move onto the Croydon?
Or are you gunna go up to stages at manhatten?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Ralph Malph saying Bob East and Mark Evans already back from Italy???? That was quick!!

Done deal or Dimma to ponder????

Ralph Malph saying Bob East and Mark Evans already back from Italy???? That was quick!!

Done deal or Dimma to ponder????
Went and got a
Signing Suit And Tie GIF by Speaker McCarthy