Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

That's some list he's left the next coach. We're tooled up and ready to go again....

Not sure where we're ready to go to, but we're ready.

Reactions: 1 users
Surely Koch would've sacked Hinkley and given Carr the job long time ago.
Ken was intending to go to the Gold Coast , thus Dimma had a chat with Port
Port go on a long winning streak
Dew gets the flick , so GC have pole position for Dimma
You get the drift

Reactions: 1 user
I get that the best coach in the league can quit knowing there will be options for him.
Big deal

That's some list he's left the next coach. We're tooled up and ready to go again....

Not sure where we're ready to go to, but we're ready.
With Dusty Shai and Lynch of course you load up the list.
Dont know why you're having a crack at Dimma

You get the drift
DImma had a chat with Port too?

Dimma will always be an RFC legend.
Didn't like the way he approached this season or his decision to bail, but he is no fool and has managed to get himself all primed for 2024.
Good luck to him.
But I'm much more invested in RFC's next coach than I am in what Hardwick does into the future.
It's Yellow and Black or the highway.

Reactions: 13 users
The balance and age of the list for the incoming coach is terrible. We haven’t even hit rock bottom yet.

The balance and age of the list for the incoming coach is terrible. We haven’t even hit rock bottom yet.
I don't think the expectations will be high for the incoming coach given what you explained. It will probably be like joining a Hawthorn of sorts with a rebuild on the cards and patience required for some time.

You get the drift

I've got a bridge for sale........

Agree. And why the hell is Hartley on the coach selection committee. He has overseen the mess the list is in now. He should be fighting for his own job.

Dont know why you're having a crack at Dimma

This is why:

We went all in on Dimma's game style. We put every chip in so that he could get another premiership. Then he walks.
If you think another coach is going to try keep our (now surpassed) game style going - you're kidding yourself.

A new coach (no offence to Mini - they wanted minimal change this year, he gave the club what they wanted) will implement
a new game style and want different cattle so they can execute it. Our list build has all been geared to supporting the Senior Coaches
plan, they have to work together obviously.

Now he's bailed. We have a list built for one thing, and it's going to be a couple of years minimum undoing it. Premiership clock? We're
probably at 3am.

This is why:

We went all in on Dimma's game style. We put every chip in so that he could get another premiership. Then he walks.
If you think another coach is going to try keep our (now surpassed) game style going - you're kidding yourself.

A new coach (no offence to Mini - they wanted minimal change this year, he gave the club what they wanted) will implement
a new game style and want different cattle so they can execute it. Our list build has all been geared to supporting the Senior Coaches
plan, they have to work together obviously.

Now he's bailed. We have a list built for one thing, and it's going to be a couple of years minimum undoing it. Premiership clock? We're
probably at 3am.
Nah. We put every chip in so WE could get another premiership.

You're talking like Dimma was the only one who wanted to win.
call me crazy but i'd be happy to win a flag.
Dusty playing a great year
Shai playing a great year
Lynch was #1 forward in the comp last year and not injured last octpber when these plans were in place
Dan Rioli fast and fast becoming the best attacking defender in town.
Why wouldnt you go all in?
Or to put it another way - why would you squander the last years of Dusty?

Reactions: 6 users
Nah. We put every chip in so WE could get another premiership.

You're talking like Dimma was the only one who wanted to win.
call me crazy but i'd be happy to win a flag.
Dusty playing a great year
Shai playing a great year
Lynch was #1 forward in the comp last year and not injured last octpber when these plans were in place
Dan Rioli fast and fast becoming the best attacking defender in town.
Why wouldnt you go all in?
Or to put it another way - why would you squander the last years of Dusty?
You missed the point. If we were retooling with young players that gives any coach, a chance to take the list and build it their way to a premiership. I'd agree.
But I'm not sure every coach would want to trade a top 10 pick for Hopper (for example).

So did West Coast. Hawthorn tried this. Look where they are.
We aren't Geelong, and even then, it took them over 10 years to get back to the top of the mountain.

I was interested to watch the effects of Minis coaching tweaks.

Definitely think we are now mostly ignoring the corridor and hugging the boundary line.

Is a very defensive game style that doesn't seem to be working ..... maybe it takes time .....or better personnel?

I'm starting to feel/hear some bad vibes with Dimma now. I think this is similar to him leaving his wife. He left us in limbo.

It's all starting to show through the media with him doing all this in a secretive way. I reckon anger against him will build if we see the Huns all doing well and we still struggle in the coming years.

Reactions: 3 users
Guess what folks....it's that time.

The Dark Side Strike Back!
Star Wars GIF

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Yeah I think the club knows where we are at - they want a new / youngish coach who can grow with the next generation.

That tells me everything we need to know re the next 3 to 4 years and what our strategies are - no more ‘just one last tilt, one more flag for our older stars’ - that was reasonable at the beginning of the year, but didn’t work so here we are.

Ask Bauer, Ryan, Banks, Couthard, Mansell, Young, Ross, Clarke and last year Hugo, Mj, Sonsie and Gibcus if we are wasting our time - that’s some list we are rolling through the team over 2 years - more youth to come I would suspect.

Also, ask Astbury, Lambert, Houli, Edwards, Castagna, Caddy et al and we haven’t stood still. What we are missing is that top 5 pick on a dashing midfielder or star forward that you build a future around - maybe Balta, Bolton, Baker etc are those players.

The question is whether some of our older players want to hang around and help the development or do we want them to.

Reactions: 2 users
What's this about meeting Port in rd 5 while his our coach ?. If true I don't like the about face he went about it.