Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Derr Wayne works for the AFL.

As big an apologist and agenda barrow pusher for the AFL its hard to find apart from Mince Whateley.
Yes if Dimma goes to the sun$, the media narrative will change. Dimma will suddenly be lauded by the sycophants as one of the greatest coaches in afl/vfl history.

What’s interesting though is that Dew’s Gold Coast beat Dimma’s Tigers the past 3 meetings.

Reactions: 3 users
Sad to say, but it's time for a mini rebuild at a minimum.
We have been on the sly.
Look at our team from that of 2019 2020.
We have quietly rebuilt and it is a work in progress.
We wont bottom out but I reckon we will contend within 3 to 4 years.
Just need a key forward.

Reactions: 1 user
Which makes you think, why would you do that, unless you knew there was already something in the wings - particularly if he has a divorce settlement (not sure if he does or doesn't).

He quit. He wasn't going to be performing his job so there is nothing to pay. The only reason you'd pay out someone that quits is if you wanted them to quit and you offered them an inducement.

No doubt in my mi
An AFL junket paid for by the other clubs so Evans can convince Dimma
Season 2 Celeste GIF by Big Little Lies
no doubt in my mind this is exactly what is happening.

Good luck to Dimma. He has delivered us 3 premierships.

But in hindsight he should have pulled the pin at the end of last year.
He should’ve
Good luck to Dimma. He has delivered us 3 premierships.

But in hindsight he should have pulled the pin at the end of last year.
He should’ve pulled the pin at end of 2021, we then could ve appointed McCrae.

• Love
So where's the source of this info? We just trust what you say? Have you got Caroline Wilson type sources?
Caro is 99.9 % right
Why , clubs leak information to media for a reason
Like contra deals
Caro never gets taken to court either . Reason for that . You can’t take people to court for telling the truth
And when she doesn’t get it right . She apologises
Dimma was tapped on the shoulder , well asked to consider his long term future at the RFC if he wasn’t going to coach there in 2024 , so he resigned
You can’t go and sound out other opportunities when your contracted , although if it wasn’t AFL footy and just a normal job it isn’t an issue
Gee he recovered quick from “ burn out “ hey

Reactions: 2 users
I found it interesting today that Mini said Dimma's still checking in with the footy dept. to offer advice
The conspiracy probably is that he's grooming them to take them north.
The reality is he probably still cares about the club.
He is good mates with most there

Caro is 99.9 % right
Why , clubs leak information to media for a reason
Like contra deals
Caro never gets taken to court either . Reason for that . You can’t take people to court for telling the truth
And when she doesn’t get it right . She apologises
Dimma was tapped on the shoulder , well asked to consider his long term future at the RFC if he wasn’t going to coach there in 2024 , so he resigned
You can’t go and sound out other opportunities when your contracted , although if it wasn’t AFL footy and just a normal job it isn’t an issue
Gee he recovered quick from “ burn out “ hey
I think there's a bit of subtlety there.
You can't go get other contracts when you're contracted .....but your manager can. I don't believe Richmond were tapping him on the shoulder.
The rawness of his resignation and the shellshock on people's faces was to genuine and natural for it to be staged across a large group of people. Gale looked as frazzled as anyone. The resignation is probably been a fly in the ointment to Gale going to AFL house - he's got one last task to do.
But I'm absolutely certain GC had contacted his manager and offered non-specific amounts of millions over non specific years. They can all look in a camera and say there was no contract at that time - and it be completely true.
But there's definitely been contact. Things got tough. He had a sweetheart arrangement in place that would be easier to get success from than rebuilding us. Exit stage left. Get 4-6 months holidays. Roll up for pre-season feeling refreshed.
Yes he won 3 premierships. But he was nearly sacked. The CLUB backed him in. He wasn't doing us a favour, we did him one. This narrative that we should be grateful he graced us with his presence needs to stop.
He was saved from the ex-coaches club. The club supported and developed him. They helped him become who he is, and create the Hardwick reputation, the legacy. It was a symbiotic relationship where he was paid handsomely. Yes I don't doubt he loved the place. I don't doubt there's genuine affection for him from all. Doesn't mean self preservation hasn't kicked in here.

Reactions: 3 users
My simple attitude is the guy bought success and happiness to the club and its supporters that I had resigned myself to believe would never happen. I love the guy and he is a hero.

I have accepted the departure. I don't care about the reasons. He had looked cooked for 18+ months, in reality ever since 2020.

I hope that he will always be able to walk into the club and embraced, irrespective of where he coaches next. I hope that Dimma will always regard himself as a Richmond Man.

I do hope there is a game or event before the end of the year where we get to say goodbye and thank him. I assume Riewoldt and Cotch are finishing this year, and I would be very happy to see Dimma at their last game and the opportunity for the fans to celebrate all three club legends.

Reactions: 11 users
I reckon it was done last year and he went into this season wanting his last dance with us didnt get it so quit to get a Europe trip in before starting at the suns

Ive said it before and Ill say it again now we know how mrs Hardwick felt
LoL.