Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

How do you know this
100% guaranteed
you think he just resigned and wasn’t tapped on the shoulder ?
Ah no
Why would anyone resign at that time ?
The press conference and comments over past 2 weeks proves that
Common knowledge that he met with Port
during round 5
Something he hasn’t denied I might add
Dew being given the chop is all about timing as Ken Hinkley is on the move as well

100% guaranteed
you think he just resigned and wasn’t tapped on the shoulder ?
Ah no
Why would anyone resign at that time ?
The press conference and comments over past 2 weeks proves that
Common knowledge that he met with Port
during round 5
Something he hasn’t denied I might add
Dew being given the chop is all about timing as Ken Hinkley is on the move as well
So let’s get to the nitty gritty - who is coaching who in your belief??

So let’s get to the nitty gritty - who is coaching who in your belief??
If you ask me 3 months ago before Dimma resigned
I would of said Dimma to Port
Ken to Gold Coast
The contract issue at Port is a real concern as Josh Carr is pulling the strings at Port
Ken is on the bench and doesn’t wear the head set that often . Mmmm
Port hand will be forced re August deadline on contract signing
Hard month for Port ahead with injuries etc
Dew getting axed when they can still make finals after being beaten by the two top teams in consecutive weeks is of interest
They say there list is great
It’s far from being great . Not much to gain on face value Re chopping the coach
Dimma honouring his contract at RFC in 2024 was never going to happen after he spoke to Port during Round 5
Problem that Dimma now has that the RFC was set up for success in 2017 with great people supporting Dimma , don’t know where GC get the support Dimma needs
Don’t underestimate Emma Murray contributions to the success of the RFC either
Absolute star and huge influence in mindset of players
Something Dimma won’t have at either GC or Port
Tim Livingstone could possibly leave RFC although GC is off the radar for him
As for who coaches us
I don’t know ‍♂️
Gold Coast either Ken or Dimma
Port . Dimma or Josh Carr

Reactions: 3 users
Finalising our selection in next month or so is the key. That way Carr is still in the game, if he is keen. Also gives mini another month of auditioning.

The AFL must be biting itself right now. They write the cheques at GC and it would be irritating them that they might have to write out millions to Hardwick who has been a thorn in their side for years. But with the lack of progress of the Suns for so long, the progress of the Dolphins and the desperate need to get this thing turned around asap, they might be forced to.

Is it actually such a lay down misere ?
I believe that GCS were happy to keep Dew on until his contract expired.. it would’ve been the AFL dictating the sacking of Dew. The AFL will be paying Hardwick a ridiculous amount of money to take over this basket case of a club. Can’t wait to see the umpires fall all over GCS in the coming years.
Just to throw a conspiracy theory into the mix I go back to last years finals appearance in Brissy when Lynch’s goal decision was overturned by fARC. I thought that Dimma had done a deal with the devil and that our free kick woes would miraculously disappear this year. Well maybe, just maybe he did do a deal with the devil which would see him on the biggest contract of his career and also get the umpires on side, albeit at a different club.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe that GCS were happy to keep Dew on until his contract expired.. it would’ve been the AFL dictating the sacking of Dew. The AFL will be paying Hardwick a ridiculous amount of money to take over this basket case of a club. Can’t wait to see the umpires fall all over GCS in the coming years.
Just to throw a conspiracy theory into the mix I go back to last years finals appearance in Brissy when Lynch’s goal decision was overturned by fARC. I thought that Dimma had done a deal with the devil and that our free kick woes would miraculously disappear this year. Well maybe, just maybe he did do a deal with the devil which would see him on the biggest contract of his career and also get the umpires on side, albeit at a different club.
Suggest Dimma and AFL aren’t mates
Athiugh Gill leaving the building may help this situation

Suggest Dimma and AFL aren’t mates
Athiugh Gill leaving the building may help this situation
I really don’t think Richmond and the AFL have been on good terms for some time. AFL have shafted us so many times over the years and to me, the Lynch (non) goal was the breaking point. Hardwick was muzzled, he never came out with a satisfactory explanation of the fARC stuff up. Perhaps there was more to that stuff up……….

Reactions: 2 users
Once Dew had a public endorsement from the club chairman he must have known his days were numbered. Regarding Dimma possibly going there, if the club hasn't the sound leadership, player ethos etc it will be hard to replicate the success he had at RFC

The club opened the door for dimmas departure when they left him with one yr left on his contract in 2024.

Not saying they pushed him out but the door was opened and they knew he with the old brigade retiring he would explore options

Guess what ?

He gotta an incredible option with the gc job , a long term deal with more money that he could get anywhere else and a new gf to travel up with him where he will start his new life
The gc job also allows him to leave on good terms and retain his integrity with our fans which he has loved .

Jumping ship immediately let’s him get refreshed to start anew in 2024 .also let’s us get a head start on getting a new coach before the annual sackings take place .

This is all playing out perfectly for all parties

Benny will manage this till the end of the year at least , after that who knows if he too will be seduced by more $ , afl money which is the best money to get as it is a job for life

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty sure that pay out cap was only introduced for the clubs that are getting massive AFL financial support as there was a freight train of coach payouts by pathetic managers who would then run to the AFL for more funding to save them. Clubs that are self sufficient such as Tiges, Colonwood, Weagles etc aren't forced into the payout restriction.
No. It was West Australian I believe reported months ago that to sack Simpson will cost WCE about $6-7M in total. The rest of his contract $2.5M and then the soft cap penalty which is the real kicker @ 200%.

That's why Simmo is still sitting there. He air walking away from $2.5M and the club is stuck with him.

I still think he will go at the end of the season. They have lots of cash and will just cop it in the end.

The club opened the door for dimmas departure when they left him with one yr left on his contract in 2024.

Not saying they pushed him out but the door was opened and they knew he with the old brigade retiring he would explore options

Guess what ?

He gotta an incredible option with the gc job , a long term deal with more money that he could get anywhere else and a new gf to travel up with him where he will start his new life
The gc job also allows him to leave on good terms and retain his integrity with our fans which he has loved .

Jumping ship immediately let’s him get refreshed to start anew in 2024 .also let’s us get a head start on getting a new coach before the annual sackings take place .

This is all playing out perfectly for all parties

Benny will manage this till the end of the year at least , after that who knows if he too will be seduced by more $ , afl money which is the best money to get as it is a job for life
All good, except he doesnt have a "new girlfriend"- he has been in his current relationship for at least 2 years, and he doesnt have a long term deal, yet, with the Suns.
We know footy clubs leak like sieves, but some people continue to push the idea that Hardwick had been offered the Suns job while he was still our coach.

Reactions: 1 user