Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Browneye: "Geelong have started talks to extend Chris Scott who has so much class as a coach he can reinvent himself beyond that 15 year period"

Would Pussies fans accept this? :mhihi
*smile*. The guy inherited a list the envy of the footy world and only took them to one flag. Took him 11 years to get another. Longmire's the same.

Reactions: 1 users
Very fair statement.

Playing devil's advocate here because I am sure many will be a bit peeved if Damien takes on the GCS gig straight away after being "burnt out" by coaching. won't sit well with many Tigers Fans.

He'll have a new lot of sausages to cook. Not the stale ones he'd been cooking for near on 14 years.:unsure:

I think both these things can be true:

- Dimma was burnt out coaching at Richmond
- Dimma keen to coach again and would take GC job

Without duplicity necessarily being involved.

But why use rationality and logic when a more complicated conspiracy theory would suffice?

6 months is long enough holiday for someone to decide they're ready to jump back in.

Reactions: 3 users
Just heard Bob East ? Chairman of GCS.

Leak. No concern.

Mark Evans away for 2 weeks. Poor.

Actually PW.

And Morris just going on her knew from round 6 of Hardwick to GC not leaving Richmond.

Talking about the possibility he may try to get Dusty with me. PO Morris.

Geez
Yeah I heard Morris. Reckoned that nobody was working on Hooch’s possible resignation - not even him and he was the one who broke the story - but instead, he’d been working on a story that he’d been hearing for months and that was that GC we’re trying to get Hooch in 2024.

Reactions: 1 user
I know on face value this appears harsh on Dew, but if it was the RFC and our head coach was 5 and a half years into a tenure without a finals appearance, how would we be reacting??? :unsure:
They have had a few premiership players however ;)
Prestia, Caddy, Lynch, May
Any others ?

I’m …completely lost for words if that’s correct Wildy.
Signed up until 2025 i believe. So payout and soft cap fine. Maybe it includes assistants.
Eagles have the cash but its a lot to throw away

Signed up until 2025 i believe. So payout and soft cap fine. Maybe it includes assistants.
Eagles have the cash but its a lot to throw away
You pay 0.75 cents for every dollar you are over the soft cap. So, when you consider that the cap includes mandatory spending amounts on medical, mental health etc, then add in Simpson’s 2 years worth of salary to pay out, then undoubtedly a number assistant coaches as well, then the cost runs into many many millions.

Reactions: 2 users
Don’t mind Dimma going to GC
Won’t do much damage there.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
The AFL must be biting itself right now. They write the cheques at GC and it would be irritating them that they might have to write out millions to Hardwick who has been a thorn in their side for years. But with the lack of progress of the Suns for so long, the progress of the Dolphins and the desperate need to get this thing turned around asap, they might be forced to.

Is it actually such a lay down misere ?

Sticking my neck out, but I don’t think will win another final, wherever he goes. Just my prediction
on his last legs at Richmond my feeling were he’d completely run out of luck , would wanna be on good terms with the footy gods for that to return , if things went right I reckon he could get GC into finals , I’d stop short of saying he has another flag in him

The AFL must be biting itself right now. They write the cheques at GC and it would be irritating them that they might have to write out millions to Hardwick who has been a thorn in their side for years. But with the lack of progress of the Suns for so long, the progress of the Dolphins and the desperate need to get this thing turned around asap, they might be forced to.

Yes , they ain’t going a rookie coach

They wouldn’t be happy having GC payout to Dew $600k ?… oh sorry the AFL having too!

They wouldn’t be happy having GC payout to Dew $600k ?… oh sorry the AFL having too!
Think they can swallow that part up. Reported to be less than that as well. But stumping up $900k a year for 5 years or whatever to acquire Hooch might be a little harder.

If they do, Hooch will be able to tell them “I don’t want anymore of your bs umpiring bias now either” and they’ll be forced to adhere through clenched teeth. Hah hah hah… suck *smile* AFL. Go Hooch !

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users