Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Credit to my missus, she called the "burnt out by coaching" duplicity the moment Dimma quit. The truth will eventually come out.

If Dimma gets named as GCS coach, the scuttlebutt and noise will no doubt be top of the news and rumor mill.

Time will tell, and all will yet be played out.

We will see.

Just heard Bob East ? Chairman of GCS.

Leak. No concern.

Mark Evans away for 2 weeks. Poor.

Actually PW.

And Morris just going on her knew from round 6 of Hardwick to GC not leaving Richmond.

Talking about the possibility he may try to get Dusty with me. PO Morris.

Geez

And on cue Dustin now going up there.
bundled up with Brendan and Peggy as well.
over it bullshit GIF by CBC

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I think both these things can be true:

- Dimma was burnt out coaching at Richmond
- Dimma keen to coach again and would take GC job

Without duplicity necessarily being involved.

Reactions: 12 users
Browneye: "Geelong have started talks to extend Chris Scott who has so much class as a coach he can reinvent himself beyond that 15 year period"

Would Pussies fans accept this? :mhihi

The whole burned out thing was completely inaccurate and IMO was Dimma trying to find some words and the media putting words into his mouth, thus all the half brain dead comments “but he said he was burned out…” The truth was the sausage analogy. He had come to end of the road as coach of this group, his message was losing its affect and seeing all his kids retire was enough for him.
A few weeks of sleeping in, seeing Europe in Summer and generally refreshing and he was always going back in.
Good luck at GC….without Benny, Balmey, Peggy/John.
The first thing I would do is find out who was leaking to Caro and the wider media and demand they get the flick before takes the job. Those parasites will keep leaking.

Reactions: 2 users
Dimma at Richmond has been boxed a d kept under the bed .
When he coaches against the Tiggs lm in the hate catogory.....

Reactions: 1 user
Browneye: "Geelong have started talks to extend Chris Scott who has so much class as a coach he can reinvent himself beyond that 15 year period"

Would Pussies fans accept this? :mhihi
Also said about luring Dustin up there with him..
mike huckabee police brutality GIF

Our next coach, Mini or other, has 1st word on if he wants to keep Duz. I doubt he'd go as he's shown a lot of respect for his teammates, then again, behind the scenes, let's hope this view we see now of him looking vigorous is not because he knows he'll move up with Dimma next season.

More I think about this the more it feels like Wallace and the Dogs

Cant begrudge a man an opportunity but it does leave a nasty taste in the mouth

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
But what does Carr do when Hardwick takes over? Follow Hinkley to the GC to run the show there? Boss Hardwick around? Accept a demotion?
I don’t think Port are interested in Hardwick. If Ken moves on Carr will get the job. I reckon there’s some manoeuvring going on at Port to make sure we don’t get their man

Reactions: 1 users
Lure away. At this stage, we need a CHF and third tall forward a lot more than a 32 yr old Dusty on a massive final-year contract.
The last few games from the champ along with media hype that "he's back" might earn us a first-rounder.
To be pragmatic, the player with one of the finest highlights reels ever may be at his final premium to go north where noone will annoy him.
It's the last chance saloon in a year where we are suddenly very vulnerable and no draft picks.

Conversely, if we recruit another utility that we eventually put on the back flank, keep Dusty until he's 40.

The whole burned out thing was completely inaccurate and IMO was Dimma trying to find some words and the media putting words into his mouth, thus all the half brain dead comments “but he said he was burned out…” The truth was the sausage analogy. He had come to end of the road as coach of this group, his message was losing its affect and seeing all his kids retire was enough for him.
A few weeks of sleeping in, seeing Europe in Summer and generally refreshing and he was always going back in.
Good luck at GC….without Benny, Balmey, Peggy/John.
The first thing I would do is find out who was leaking to Caro and the wider media and demand they get the flick before takes the job. Those parasites will keep leaking.
He was tapped on the shoulder and asked to consider his career , as he wasn’t going to coach the Tiges in 2024 , irrelevant of contract . Went home after Dreamtime and resigned the following day
It’s that simple

• Dislike
Isn’t he reputed to be on what 2-million a year?
Got two left after this?
$4 million payout?

Clubs like the Saints, North, GC are protected by the AFL’s contract payout clause?
The talk a week or so ago in news was total 7mill to boot simpson. 4 mil is for going over soft cap

• Wow
Very fair statement.

Playing devil's advocate here because I am sure many will be a bit peeved if Damien takes on the GCS gig straight away after being "burnt out" by coaching. won't sit well with many Tigers Fans.
I don't agree with that at all. The media may try and beat up that angle but IMO most Richmond supporters will be happy for Dimma. Better GC than nearly every other team.

He left at the right time for both himself and the club.

Reactions: 12 users
I suspect it was a realisation that his old charges could no longer deliver his game plan and he loved them too much to ride them hard.
Our retirement year send-off was stymied by Lynch's injury
Given the lure of the north and the chance to start afresh with Alex, it became a no-brainer.
I also don't reckon GC would sack Dew without sounding out Dimma.
His recent claim of being 'raring to go' was preparing the footy world for his unexpectedly quick return to the whiteboard in 2024.

I suspect it was a realisation that his old charges could no longer deliver his game plan and he loved them too much to ride them hard.
Our retirement year send-off was stymied by Lynch's injury
Given the lure of the north and the chance to start afresh with Alex, it became a no-brainer.
I also don't reckon GC would sack Dew without sounding out Dimma.
His recent claim of being 'raring to go' was preparing the footy world for his unexpectedly quick return to the whiteboard in 2024.
But we are under Mini.