Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Very immature to assume a professional football coach would not be interested in working as a coach

Gc is the best case scenario for us tiger fans especially considering the alternatives

Reactions: 1 users
What do the AFL want to happen to their demon spawn? Was a phone call or two had between bigwigs?
Is someone jumping to try and get in front of the Richmond process?

As you may be aware, I don't trust the AFL.
*opens the third drawer looking for the tinfoil

BTW Dew without finals was a dead man walking.
i am 100% thinking this, they absolutely want to try and get in front of someone we may be looking at. I think we want Josh Carr, and i think Port do to, but are finding it difficult due to Hinkleys performance this year. But if the AFL can come in and offer Hinkley a huge long term deal, which he accepts, then Port get their man in Carr without the media backlash

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I am not concerned about Dimma. Its the rest of those in the top seats that have NFI. Remember he wont have a Peggy, Gale or Livingstone by his side.
I'll be shocked if a fair few don't get tapped on the shoulder. All part of the process.

Not if it’s Hinkley’s idea.

If Port are all in on Carr then they only have to offer Ken a contract too bad to accept. A couple of years, no increase in salary and the understanding that it would be his last at the club. Or he takes a 5 year deal at GC on more money, a club with a promising young list and the opportunity to enhance his own reputation by taking them to finals.

There’s always a way. It just depends on how badly Port want it to happen.
Get that. But just looks very messy if the coach of the reigning premiership team up and leaves.

If they were to see Dew's contract out they would have to wait till the end of 2024, if they deem him not to be the right man now is the right time to do it IMO.
As a member i would be wanting change, 6 years is a significant time.
I don’t know Julius.

In my eyes a contract is a contract.

They jumped , or already made their intentions know.to Dimma, whoever else and maybe 24 would have been too late.

Still after 2 weeks Dimma was ready again and missing the caper. ??????

I get sad when these things happens to good people. Other snakes I don’t care. For example $Wallett.

They are not a big club so see it through.

They may have made finals. They may have not. ??

But Dimma ready?

I would be wary.

Grateful forever to Dimma.

But tread carefully here.

Forget cooking sausages.

Try cooking steak!

Last edited:
Interesting that Alex Rance is currently building a new home on the Gold Coast and is up here often . Maybe a senior assistant role in the offering to Ken or Dimma
Who knows .

Josh Carr is currently “ pulling the strings “ at Port . Ken down on bench . Josh in box
But what does Carr do when Hardwick takes over? Follow Hinkley to the GC to run the show there? Boss Hardwick around? Accept a demotion?

Hooch in between long draws of a fat, zeppelin-shaped spliff in a dark Amsterdam bar:

“Gold Coast?

… make it happen.”

First day of Hardwick’s regime at Gold Coast. A galaxy of stars, names like Miller, King, Anderson, Rowell, look on in earnest as Mr Damien Hardwick takes the floor, carrying just a hint of ashtray about him.

“To be fair, boys, in football I’ve come to believe there’s the known and the unknown. In between are the doors.”

Silence.

“YOU. Are those doors.”

Brandon Ellis, an old favourite, tries clapping enthusiastically. The rest follow suit, filling the amphitheater with pure appreciation.

The fellowship has begun.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
surprised GC re-signed Dew last year. Not sure he is a great coach. Perfect job for Dimma and I think he will make them contenders. They’re building a good list

Clubs like the Saints, North, GC are protected by the AFL’s contract payout clause?
I'd bet my left nut GC has a blank cheque from the afl for anytime a coach has to be paid out when being sacked.

Last edited:
  • Angry
I'm bit concerned for Dimma if he moves up to the "Goey" Coast, the hooch is an entry level substance after all.

• Haha
Very immature to assume a professional football coach would not be interested in working as a coach

Gc is the best case scenario for us tiger fans especially considering the alternatives
Very fair statement.

Playing devil's advocate here because I am sure many will be a bit peeved if Damien takes on the GCS gig straight away after being "burnt out" by coaching. won't sit well with many Tigers Fans.

Very fair statement.

Playing devil's advocate here because I am sure many will be a bit peeved if Damien takes on the GCS gig straight away after being "burnt out" by coaching. won't sit well with many Tigers Fans.
Credit to my missus, she called the "burnt out by coaching" duplicity the moment Dimma quit. The truth will eventually come out.