Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Wouldn't they just pay the footy soft cap tax if they wanted to give him the arse?
Twiggy Forest or whatever other mining magnate backing them can just drop a gold bar on McLachlans desk!
Isn’t he reputed to be on what 2-million a year?
Got two left after this?
$4 million payout?

Clubs like the Saints, North, GC are protected by the AFL’s contract payout clause?

Only needs to make the top 8 and it will be deemed a success, easy gig!
Only 6 points out, 7 games to go. Stuey could've done it this season. Weird how they sack him after losing to the 2 best teams in the league.

Reactions: 2 users
Gold Coast are in far better shape than when Dimma took the RFC job. Plus there are some quality academy kids lurking. As @Brodders17 points out, the relationships with players was key. They'll be no Emma Murray and i don't think HHH and gifting rocks will help Gold Coast. No animosity to either Gold Coast are Dimma though.
They will get access to three top 10 pick kids if they didn’t make finals.

Quality kids too!

Remember when Wallace was lined up to take the Swans job? He left the Dogs....was rumoured to be Swans coach in 2003...
But then Roos did pretty well, so they had to give it to him and Wallace sat out until coming to us...

If Dimma has left, because there was overtures for him to coach GCS next year, I'll lose some respect for him.

We might turn out OK, but we tooled up for a "Last Dance". If it got too hard and he wants to try for another dynasty, and it was prearranged ......that's like lining up a girlfriend so when you divorce you got someone else to cuddle at night.

Reactions: 3 users
Strange that you think Dew is a better coach than Dimma, why is that?
I'm not. Just saying, stick with what you've got and see now instead of forecasting Dimma or anyone next would do any better.

At least see this season or Dew's contract out instead of knee-jerking. GC is a club that needs a long time to build a proper culture.

Reactions: 1 user
If he goes. Have no doubt Dimma will be hugely successful at Gold Coast.

Nucleus is there talent wise, with a heap more to come.

He'll set standards, get them gelling as a team, reward role players and winnings football games quickly.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm not. Just saying, stick with what you've got and see now instead of forecasting Dimma or anyone next would do any better.

At least see this season or Dew's contract out instead of knee-jerking. GC is a club that needs a long time to build a proper culture.
Exactly that was view too TF.

Contracted to 2024.

3 Top kids from their academy coming in.

What was the harm in seeing this year out and make a judgment call middle of next year.

The three kids look ready made.

If we knee jerked in 16, Dimma gets sacked, who to say we see finals again or win 3 Flags.

Who to say some of our ‘guns’ would have stayed.

Who to say Lynch would have come?

We ALL know clubs thinking they have the “Messiah” arriving.

They relented to the pressure and outside noise.

That’s makes GC a BS club in my eyes with PW culture.

What they were worried about their fan base not turning up?

One thing has taught us in two scenarios in the last decade and a half.

Stick to the process and see it through.

Those two clubs that stuck to the course and vision managed to snare 6 Premierships.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah but that all goes to *smile* if Ken takes them all the way. Even getting them to a GF makes it hard for them to move him on or Ken to jump.
Not if it’s Hinkley’s idea.

If Port are all in on Carr then they only have to offer Ken a contract too bad to accept. A couple of years, no increase in salary and the understanding that it would be his last at the club. Or he takes a 5 year deal at GC on more money, a club with a promising young list and the opportunity to enhance his own reputation by taking them to finals.

There’s always a way. It just depends on how badly Port want it to happen.

Hardwick is Gold Coast's target. They went early on Dew because Harwick is available. Port have their hands tied.
Hardwick will get a juicy 5 year deal to set himself up for life.
Where would you rather live? Gold Coast or Adelaide?

Exactly that was view too TF.

Contracted to 2024.

3 Top kids from their academy coming in.

What was the harm in seeing this year out and make a judgment call middle of next year.

The three kids look ready made.

If we knee jerked in 16, Dimma gets sacked, who to say we see finals again or win 3 Flags.

Who to say some of our ‘guns’ would have stayed.

Who to say Lynch would have come?

We ALL know clubs thinking they have the “Messiah” arriving.

They relented to the pressure and outside noise.

That’s makes GC a BS club in my eyes with PW culture.

What they were worried about their fan base not turning up?

One thing has taught us in two scenarios in the last decade and a half.

Stick to the process and see it through.

Those two clubs that stuck to the course and vision managed to snare 6 Premierships.
That's right. GC is not Victoria, nor even a WA, SA or Tassie where aussie rules is big. It's going to take a long, long time to build a strong foundation. We've seen a stronger club than with their previous coaches and they were progressing up.

Hardwick is Gold Coast's target. They went early on Dew because Harwick is available. Port have their hands tied.
Hardwick will get a juicy 5 year deal to set himself up for life.
Where would you rather live? Gold Coast or Adelaide?
Yep. I can't see Stuey and Dimma still good friends if Dimma gets it.

• Sad
Dimma with assistant playing coaches Cotch and Dusty! Can we package up Cotch and Dusty for a swag of picks? It would be great PR for Gold Coast.
3 Time Premiership Coach. 3 Time Premiership Captain. 3 Time Norm Smith winner.

• Sad

If they were to see Dew's contract out they would have to wait till the end of 2024, if they deem him not to be the right man now is the right time to do it IMO.
As a member i would be wanting change, 6 years is a significant time.

Reactions: 2 users
If he goes. Have no doubt Dimma will be hugely successful at Gold Coast.

Nucleus is there talent wise, with a heap more to come.

He'll set standards, get them gelling as a team, reward role players and winnings football games quickly.
I am not concerned about Dimma. Its the rest of those in the top seats that have NFI. Remember he wont have a Peggy, Gale or Livingstone by his side.

Reactions: 3 users