Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Blind Freddy could have seen 5-6 weeks ago that Dew was a monty to be sacked. Jason Dunstall was one who suggested as much back then.

Reactions: 1 users
Dimma won’t get the support at GC that Peggy and Benny gave him.
Game and a half outside the 8 and they sack the coach with 7 games to go. Absolute rabble!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I know on face value this appears harsh on Dew, but if it was the RFC and our head coach was 5 and a half years into a tenure without a finals appearance, how would we be reacting??? :unsure:
2 different clubs and scenarios. Dew's done better than previous two and should've stuck for a bit longer, as we did in 2016.
This season's not even over yet. They need better players around the best ones. Gold Coast is just a holiday resort and has never succeeded in any sport code. Good luck to whoever signs the next death warrant there....

What’s of interest is the perception that Hinkley or Hardwick will get the GC gig . Mark Evans who is a self indulgent clown says we will go through the process . Why would any other coach out there hat in the ring ? GC aren’t in a good situation here . Evans and Campbell should resign as well . Evans may be some of the problem employing mates

Hinkley to Gold Coast?
Dimma to Port?
All these potential moves put Josh Carr in an interesting position.

6 years should be enough time to establish some basic footy club culture

I think Dimma would want $2m a year package to subject himself to GCS.

And does he go back to sausage recipe no.1?

Or has a fortnight off completely rejuvenated his sausage creativity?

Im not terribly impressed with how this bird is waddling and quacking
gold coast has fond memories for Damien and Alex and vice Versa.
I suspect the AFL have their mitts over this somehow.
too me this was bubbling along for a long time.

Hardwick is a great coach- it been proven. But my concern for him going to the Gold Coast, or almost anywhere, is that one of his key attributes that made him the best coach of the modern era was the relationships he built with his players. He built them as a young coach, and with mostly young players- Guys like Jack and Cotch had only been in the system for 3-4 years when he took over.

Can he now, as a 50yo build the same relationships with young men, and will he, and those around him ,have the patience to potentially allow those relationships to build for 5-6 years, like they did at Punt Rd., before success comes?

Reactions: 5 users
Hardwick is a great coach- it been proven. But my concern for him going to the Gold Coast, or almost anywhere, is that one of his key attributes that made him the best coach of the modern era was the relationships he built with his players. He built them as a young coach, and with mostly young players- Guys like Jack and Cotch had only been in the system for 3-4 years when he took over.

Can he now, as a 50yo build the same relationships with young men, and will he, and those around him ,have the patience to potentially allow those relationships to build for 5-6 years, like they did at Punt Rd., before success comes?
Agree, it's gonna be different and difficult. The Huns needed to continue with 1 coach (Dew) for longer to properly build a strong foundation. They've bombed now.

Even Pricky's been suggested as the new Huns coach. I hope it happens. Very much doubt it, but hope it does.

What do the AFL want to happen to their demon spawn? Was a phone call or two had between bigwigs?
Is someone jumping to try and get in front of the Richmond process?

As you may be aware, I don't trust the AFL.
*opens the third drawer looking for the tinfoil

BTW Dew without finals was a dead man walking.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Gold Coast are in far better shape than when Dimma took the RFC job. Plus there are some quality academy kids lurking. As @Brodders17 points out, the relationships with players was key. They'll be no Emma Murray and i don't think HHH and gifting rocks will help Gold Coast. No animosity to either Gold Coast are Dimma though.

Reactions: 2 users