Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Disagree, GC have a couple of committed young men in Rowell and Anderson to set some standards, he will get rid of players who bring those standards down like Chol, (my opinion only on Chol), and with reports from @eZyT and @tigersnake of 3 quality players coming via the GC academy i'd think a prospective coach of Dimma's standing would be liking his chances and licking his lips at the continued access to academy talent.
Expect more Richmond people to be tapped on the shoulder to join him up there.

*Also I hate Carlton and Port Adelaide more and couldn't stand Dimma having success there and no-one in their right mind would go to the Eagles at present.
All easier said than done.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be out of a job in 3 yrs time.
No one succeeds in GC.
Really good coin to retire on, Top class motivator and player supporter but wasnt the best game day coach.
Our loses in close games is evidence dating back to 2012.

Reactions: 1 users
Only reasons Hardwick should go to the Suns is for a paycheck and because he likes the warmer weather. That place is a football graveyard where talent goes to die.

West Coast will probably play finals again before the GCS do.
West Coke would be a great gig ! Hardwick can go where he likes no care factor now .He is the enemy!!

I would image dollars would be a big issue for Dimma

recently divorced and all

If the Goldens sack Dew he's likely in for the GCS gig.

He and his new missus hooked up when we were hubbed there so they might want to move back there.

I dont know if he'd want the scrutiny and expectation that would come at WCE and the travel from WA is more arduous week to week than SE/QLD.

GCS gig would be less weight easier lifestyle with much more anonymity up there.

All easier said than done.
I agree, Suns are an underperforming, AFL sheltered workshop. But if anyone could turn it around Dimma can. Lot of talent on the list, he has leadership, charisma etc, and knows what it takes to build a club culture. No guarantees of course.

I wouldnt mind dimma at GC, because they are, and will remain, irrelevant.

And dimma will be completely surrounded by mediocre AFL snouts in troughs.

Hed need to bulldoze the stadium, burn and bury the remains, and rebuild from scratch,

To get any semblance of a good club culture.

It'd take him a year to get them to stop buying donuts for pie night.

He could ask Oleg and towner to outline the cultural deficiencies and his eyes would water
1/ Stadium is awesome to watch footy , was there sat night . Great ground
2/. Oleg and Towner along with some current players aren’t big wrap on the coach and those under . How Reece Shaw gets a gig is a joke . Game plan and how they set up is very average
Take the Jeremy Howe kick in to Darcy Moore sat night which resulted in the easiest goal you would ever see
This ain’t Auskick !
Still think Hinkley will coach GC in 2024
Well he was until Dimma resigned from Tiges

If the Goldens sack Dew he's likely in for the GCS gig.

He and his new missus hooked up when we were hubbed there so they might want to move back there.

I dont know if he'd want the scrutiny and expectation that would come at WCE and the travel from WA is more arduous week to week than SE/QLD.

GCS gig would be less weight easier lifestyle with much more anonymity up there.
They were hooked up before the Hub

• Wow
Blobbo says that just because Dimma became a 3 time premiership coach (with the help of Duz being the GOAT in finals), he doesn't automatically become the perfect coach for the Huns. I agree. This is stupid IMO, probably all media-driven. I don't think Dew will be sacked.

So called for burnout lol believe what Caro said got stale at us and seen writing on the wall and was preplanned.

I firmly believe he WONT coach next year.
he‘ll get a penchant for having hits from the
Smoke Weed GIF
and lying on the couch.

Sticking my neck out, but I don’t think will win another final, wherever he goes. Just my prediction

He is a winner

Wins everywhere he goes

The trend is your friend

We are
More likely to not win a final for 10 years unfortunately

• Dislike
Dimma's time at Richmond is done, but I appreciate the team he built and the flags that team won.

Really don't get this dislike you have for Dimma mate, but hey, whatever floats your boat.