Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

He'll coach the Suns, book it
If this happens, it becomes more obvious he left us more because he couldn't coach our team any further rather than coaching in general, and as unfair as I believe this is for Stuey, I reckon their friendship might decline. Terrible as it only takes 1 loss especially to a top team in the league for the vultures to start again.

Reactions: 1 user
it becomes more obvious he left us more because he couldn't coach our team any further rather than coaching in general
Um, that's what Dimma himself said in his announcement presser and subsequent comments. That was never in doubt.

Reactions: 1 users
If this happens, it becomes more obvious he left us more because he couldn't coach our team any further rather than coaching in general, and as unfair as I believe this is for Stuey, I reckon their friendship might decline. Terrible as it only takes 1 loss especially to a top team in the league for the vultures to start again.

Yeah, I always believed that he left for the good of the team and also for himself, it was mostly a very unselfish decision, and the massively high regard the club and players still have for him shows that. You could say that the timing was the way it was because it gave him a significant break/refresh period before he picks up a team next year - that's fine, I have a feeling that although the timing was a shock to the club they already had Mini in mind as an interim coach and potential long term coach.

With Dew, hard to say. If he gets the arse and Dimma takes over, you could see these as two separate things - Dew had his chance, is moved on and Dimma (maybe) steps in. But I imagine Dimma's already had at least informal convos with a number of clubs by now.

The Dimma to Port/Ken to Suns is interesting - I can't see it myself, but makes sense given his history with the club.

One thing I have no doubt of though, he'll be coaching next year.

Yeah, I always believed that he left for the good of the team and also for himself, it was mostly a very unselfish decision, and the massively high regard the club and players still have for him shows that. You could say that the timing was the way it was because it gave him a significant break/refresh period before he picks up a team next year - that's fine, I have a feeling that although the timing was a shock to the club they already had Mini in mind as an interim coach and potential long term coach.

With Dew, hard to say. If he gets the arse and Dimma takes over, you could see these as two separate things - Dew had his chance, is moved on and Dimma (maybe) steps in. But I imagine Dimma's already had at least informal convos with a number of clubs by now.

The Dimma to Port/Ken to Suns is interesting - I can't see it myself, but makes sense given his history with the club.

One thing I have no doubt of though, he'll be coaching next year.
If so, it angers me a bit because I was hoping for Dimma to do a Bill Belichick/Fergo/Sheedy style of coaching and remain with us through more than 1 generation (my belief strengthened everytime he showed he went to the US to study this).

If the Huns keep winning and finish in the 8 or 9th, this Dimma takeover could be worse than the Ratten/Lyon situation at the Aints last season.

If so, it angers me a bit because I was hoping for Dimma to do a Bill Belichick/Fergo/Sheedy style of coaching and remain with us through more than 1 generation (my belief strengthened everytime he showed he went to the US to study this).

If the Huns keep winning and finish in the 8 or 9th, this Dimma takeover could be worse than the Ratten/Lyon situation at the Aints last season.

Fair view TF. It won't anger me at all - his time was up, what he does next is up to him.

The Suns have some winnable games over the next block, but I can't see them making finals.

Hardwick should stay as far away as possible from GC.

No team whether it be AFL, NRL, Soccer etc has ever had success up there. Its doomed to fail.

Reactions: 3 users

No team whether it be AFL, NRL, Soccer etc has ever had success up there. Its doomed to fail.
Agree. All failures. How many Titans have tried? I suppose GWS made the GF, but GC......

If he's looking for a highly paid gig before retiring, it'll be ideal for him. Would also be a novelty for him coaching a club that the AFL love

I’m old school and you’re either with us or against us.

Once Dimma becomes coach of another team he is officially against us and I’ll wish him zero success from that point on

Reactions: 8 users
I’m old school and you’re either with us or against us.

Once Dimma becomes coach of another team he is officially against us and I’ll wish him zero success from that point on
Luckily, the Bummers are doing well with Pepper Scott, because if Dimma went back to this mob, then I'd do a backflip and start despising him.

Reactions: 3 users

Disagree, GC have a couple of committed young men in Rowell and Anderson to set some standards, he will get rid of players who bring those standards down like Chol, (my opinion only on Chol), and with reports from @eZyT and @tigersnake of 3 quality players coming via the GC academy i'd think a prospective coach of Dimma's standing would be liking his chances and licking his lips at the continued access to academy talent.
Expect more Richmond people to be tapped on the shoulder to join him up there.

*Also I hate Carlton and Port Adelaide more and couldn't stand Dimma having success there and no-one in their right mind would go to the Eagles at present.

Reactions: 4 users
Disagree, GC have a couple of committed young men in Rowell and Anderson to set some standards, he will get rid of players who bring those standards down like Chol, (my opinion only on Chol), and with reports from @eZyT and @tigersnake of 3 quality players coming via the GC academy i'd think a prospective coach of Dimma's standing would be liking his chances and licking his lips at the continued access to academy talent.
Expect more Richmond people to be tapped on the shoulder to join him up there.

*Also I hate Carlton and Port Adelaide more and couldn't stand Dimma having success there and no-one in their right mind would go to the Eagles at present.

I wouldnt mind dimma at GC, because they are, and will remain, irrelevant.

And dimma will be completely surrounded by mediocre AFL snouts in troughs.

Hed need to bulldoze the stadium, burn and bury the remains, and rebuild from scratch,

To get any semblance of a good club culture.

It'd take him a year to get them to stop buying donuts for pie night.

He could ask Oleg and towner to outline the cultural deficiencies and his eyes would water

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I dont mind him coaching GC , I find it hard to hate them ,

its a bit like splitting up with a girlfriend you are fond of and she becomes a lesbian and starts dating girls

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I wouldnt mind dimma at GC, because they are, and will remain, irrelevant.

And dimma will be completely surrounded by mediocre AFL snouts in troughs.

Hed need to bulldoze the stadium, burn and bury the remains, and rebuild from scratch,

To get any semblance of a good club culture.

It'd take him a year to get them to stop buying donuts for pie night.

He could ask Oleg and towner to outline the cultural deficiencies and his eyes would water
There's always the sun and the surf, Dimma's Golden Retriever would love the beaches there.

Out of nearly most sides he might coach I say go knock yourself out and coach the suns.
irrelevant club.
money and resources won’t be an issue.
the gestapo will be in back ground making overtures to Damien.
but playing in front of 10 to 20k crowds is a huge come down.

No way Dew survives if Gold Coast again don't make finals.
It will be interesting to see what they would do if they make finals but are eliminated first week.
IMO they will accept this as a major win and he will be given a further tilt.