Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Apparently WV Raman's debut spell in the second innings of his first Test (v West Indies at Chennai in 1987/88) of 1-0-7-1 included a six off the first ball, but ball-by-ball data for that Test is not available.

Terrific counter-attacking knock from Carey, 50 off 38 balls. Keeps proving the baggers wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
Sure didn’t take it!

Reckon Marsh will be filthy on himself. Huge opportunity for him to really weld himself in to the team (probably has anyway) after another hopeless top order collapse, and looked good, but……..
He was batting pretty well, I thought, just got a bit ahead of himself.
Carey was good, but the red mist got him. Just trying to it everything.

Smith averages 67 at 3, maybe we could put him there instead of Marnus, who only averages 54 at 3.
Maybe we shouldn"t pander to players - even champions in decline.

Reactions: 3 users
Smith is a shadow of the player he was snd we have indulged him. Tail wagging dog.
They want Green in the side so someone had to open. Marnus, Head and Marsh said no thanks, Smith said yes please. He's not keeping out the next Michael Slater.

Reactions: 1 users
They want Green in the side so someone had to open. Marnus, Head and Marsh said no thanks, Smith said yes please. He's not keeping out the next Michael Slater.
Probably right. But has Green earnt his spot? I'm a massive Green fan and generational talent must be played but he is battling.

Stronger selectors may have picked the best team, not the best potential team.

Ultimately Steve Smith in serious decline shouldn't be opening.

Reactions: 1 user