Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

I believe young Hartley the English spinner got hit for 6 first ball he bowled in Test cricket.

Anyone have any idea if that is a first?
Sohag Gazi of Bangladesh was hit for six off the first ball he bowled in Test cricket - in Mirpur in 2012. The batsman was Chris Gayle and it was also the first ball of the match.

Reactions: 2 users
Good to see the Windies show some fight. I've said before De Silva is a dogged player who is made of the right stuff. Loved Alzarri Joseph's approach last night to make hay while the bowlers were tired from a long day in the field. It was hot and humid af and it was showing on the bowlers so he rightly reasoned that it was his best chance to get some considering he could get out first ball to a fresh attack today. He ended up getting out to a beauty anyway but at least he'd made 32 rather than 8.

Reactions: 1 users
England have thrown out the anchor and put Baz ball on hold. After being 1-55 off 11 overs, they've reverted to type and are now 7-184 off 54:p

Was looking like a typical England collapse (and the middle order was), being as we went from 0-55 to 7-155. 7-100 is pretty awful, but managed to get up to a hopefully competitive total of 246. I thought we were going to struggle to get 200 at one point. It was interesting to see the different approaches of the batsmen, Foakes came out and looked a walking wicket, the worst thing you can do in India, is go into your shell, they will just continue to crank up the pressure and he scored 4 from 24 balls. Hartley comes out on his debut and counter attacks scoring 23 off 24 balls.

A few early wickets today and it could be a good test. If we don't, then its going to feel like a very long test.

Reactions: 1 user
Got 1 early wicket for England, Root should have had 2 in his 1st over, Foakes missed a fairly regulation catch being the stumps.

Got 1 early wicket for England, Root should have had 2 in his 1st over, Foakes missed a fairly regulation catch being the stumps.

That drop by Foakes has been hugely costly. Rahul now batting very nicely, the other batsmen haven't seen it well yet today. Rahul with 40 of the 54 runs scored today and should have been taken for a duck by Foakes off something like his 2nd ball. Catches win matches. Ironically thats why we brought him in with Bairstow being weaker behind the stumps.

Cummins back to spread field and short pitched crap to the tail.
Time for a new plan, haven't lost a test this summer, but bowling plans to the tail are poor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Put Holder, Mayers and (if only) Pooran in this Windies side and it's not bad. Still a world -class batsmen and bowler short of top quality, but pretty decent. SHamar Joseph, Sinclair and Hodge (and maybe McKenzie) good finds this tour.

Golf >