Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Ours was nothing to write home about either - 5/289 to 299 all out.
Bit of collapse difference when your comparing the last of the mids dropping into the tail against the entire top through mid n into the tail.
Pissed off at those flaky Pakistanis.
After a huge batting recovery on day one, they ripped the guts out of the arse of our batting ordern were comfortably positioned to start their second innings. 200 would have been bloody awkward on that pitch and 250 near on impossible. Ducked away during the innings break for a quick tub n give the cook a hand to put the grocery shopping away, made myself a sip n turned the telly back on n it's 2 for *smile* all. Had to sneak away for a few minutes again n discuss some dodgy power bill stuff with the cook for a bit n FMD it's 4 for not much n I haven't seen one go. Lucky for me there was no further distraction n I got to drool over Hazelwood's over. W * W * W * as sweet as it gets.

Been up to their eyeballs in every game the Pakistanis, dominant passages at times with bat and ball then just when they look like making a mess of us they *smile* the bed n make a mess of themselves.
Been a long time since I've watched a series played in such excellent spirit though. Both teams cracking into the game as well as they can, each dominating and stumbling at times yet pretty much the whole way through. They've been able to have a chirp and then a laugh without any of the narky in your face agro that's been so predominant for so many years.
Ozzies, Poms, India, Sth Africa there's been a hell of a lot of grumpy cricket played over the years, got a feeling both teams have enjoyed the contest a hell of a lot these last 3 tests.

Reactions: 1 user
Ball tracking is BS
I think we miss the point these days. DRS is not meant to replace the umpire. The umpire still makes the decision and the DRS is meant to pick up the howler.

In days past Khawaja would be out because the umpire gave him out. The point was that whilst DRS showed it to be a marginal decision it was not a howler.

So it is doing its job

Reactions: 4 users
I think we miss the point these days. DRS is not meant to replace the umpire. The umpire still makes the decision and the DRS is meant to pick up the howler.

In days past Khawaja would be out because the umpire gave him out. The point was that whilst DRS showed it to be a marginal decision it was not a howler.

So it is doing its job
Yeah I reckon cricket is one sport that has a good DRS system. Not sure why the commentators waffle on about it sometimes. The ball tracking can look a bit odd (or wrong) but the whole system is a good one.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I reckon cricket is one sport that has a good DRS system. Not sure why the commentators waffle on about it sometimes. The ball tracking can look a bit odd (or wrong) but the whole system is a good one.
At least not as ridiculous as Hawk Eye's millimetre misses....

I just wonder how they program this DRS. Agree with Sajid, that was out. Simple Simon says more than 50% of the ball has to hit the stumps??? Any little touch of the ball on bails is out as long as they move.

Last edited:
I just wonder how they program this DRS. Agree with Sajid, that was out. Simple Simon says more than 50% of the ball has to hit the stumps??? Any little touch of the ball on bails is out as long as they move.
The 50% is to allow for the margin of error in the DRS. The philosophy is that if the umpire gives it not out and DRS says less than 50% of the ball hits the stumps then the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt.

The 50% is to allow for the margin of error in the DRS. The philosophy is that if the umpire gives it not out and DRS says less than 50% of the ball hits the stumps then the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt.
Original law in cricket is if any mm of the ball hits stumps is out. Hawk Eye shows marginal ins or outs by mm and so DRS should do the same. Any mm of the cricket ball touching stumps should be out.

Original law in cricket is if any mm of the ball hits stumps is out. Hawk Eye shows marginal ins or outs by mm and so DRS should do the same. Any mm of the cricket ball touching stumps should be out.
No the DRS shows the approximate place the ball would hit with a margin of error deemed to be half a ball width. So if a player is given not out then by definition the DRS cannot confirm that the player was out based on that margin of error.

Last edited:
Though I haven’t seen a ball as I’ve been “hiking “ Mt Buffalo I have to say today is probably one of the greatest days for Australian cricket and Sport

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So this bowling lineup now holds the record for the most wickets by a lineup right? They were 2nd before this test.