Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Reckon this is the best (and sweetest) of our World Cups TBH.
1999 was pretty amazing. Poor start in that, every match was an elimination final from a fair way out. Steve Waugh's ton in the Super 6 match, Warne's spell in the tied semi.

Reactions: 2 users
Brilliant innings from Head with great support from Marnus. Magnificent leadership from Cummins. But huge team effort.

Reactions: 5 users
India were like Tex with an empty plane seat next to him for the trip home in 2017.:LOL:

This is not the Indian script & I’m not sure how the country that thinks it owns cricket will cope.

Indeed a victory for the ages. Well done Aussies!!!
India have taken over from England in running cricket.
And losing to Australia in the big games!

Starc is a champion.

One of our greatest white ball bowlers ever.

The criticism on here was bizarre. He takes wickets and has consistently for a decade.

Not at all bizarre. Certainly not saying he isn't one of our greatest bowlers, but his form in 2023 hasn't been that great.

IIRC that is where most of the criticism has been levelled.

Yes he gets wickets. He also has been leaking runs and spraying it around a fair bit in recent years, and in particular at this World Cup. His lack of control is clearly evident.

Reactions: 1 users
Brilliant innings from Head with great support from Marnus. Magnificent leadership from Cummins. But huge team effort.

Cummins played this game to perfection as skipper.

His bowling rotations and field placements were spot on.

Can't say I have seen this from him before, at least not to this extent. Hopefully this is evidence of his development in the role, ala Cotch.

I have had serious doubts about his captaincy before, but what his team has achieved this year has been amazing, if a little less than convincing on occasion.

The reality in this game though is that Australia looked in control the whole way through.

Reactions: 5 users
Zampa apparently equalled Murali for most wickets in a world cup by a spinner, great effort. Also played 1 less match than Murali.

Reactions: 8 users
Head's brilliant catch proved his commitment to this final. Great game by him and the team. They're sore losers in India. Show some applause for the oppo especially in a final. Head's century was all silent. At least they played AC/DC in the end.

Cummins played this game to perfection as skipper.

His bowling rotations and field placements were spot on.

Can't say I have seen this from him before, at least not to this extent. Hopefully this is evidence of his development in the role, ala Cotch.

I have had serious doubts about his captaincy before, but what his team has achieved this year has been amazing, if a little less than convincing on occasion.

The reality in this game though is that Australia looked in control the whole way through.
Not to mention bowling our nemesis Kohli at a crucial time in the game when he was set to go on with it. The stunned look of disbelief on Virat's face was priceless.

For someone, who as Spook said, would be alongside Warne and McGrath in our greatest ODI side.

The lack of respect and patience was bizarre.
It’s great he turned it around and he has undoubtedly been a great bowler but I reckon he was probably saved because we didn’t have a viable back up, Abbott only.
Starc was awful against NZ and looked way out of form and at 35 it could be expected that he may be on the way out.
In the end it was just as well we didn’t have an alternative!!

Reactions: 1 users
Well done lads. Stayed up till the end of the indian innings. Thought we were a slight chance. Woke up during the night and saw we were 3 for not many and thought uhoh. Woke up and saw the result. Incredible. Beating a great team on their home turf with 100,000+ fanatical supporters against you takes some doing. Congratulations.

PS: It’s good to see the boys took those warmup games that just wrapped up seriously for the all important T20 games starting in a few days. Obviously not enough cricket being played in India lately :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users
What a World Cup, the Aussies would not be denied, the sweetest of victories.
Sharma will be kicking himself getting out the way he did when he had already taken 10 off the over. He was looking so dangerous.
India won 10 successive games, Australia won 9............including the one that counts.

Reactions: 3 users
Whilst searching for something I stumbled across this interactive 3D replica of the Ashes urn. Pretty cool to get an up & close feel for it.

Whilst searching for something I stumbled across this interactive 3D replica of the Ashes urn. Pretty cool to get an up & close feel for it.

About 15 years ago you got a free Ashes urn replica when you bought a slab of someone’s beer (can’t remember). So I bought a few slabs and had a few replicas, think I’m down to just one now.

Reactions: 1 user