Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Starc is a champion.

One of our greatest white ball bowlers ever.

The criticism on here was bizarre. He takes wickets and has consistently for a decade.
He might appeal to you more being the gambler, going on the odds so much. A commentator just said he's given away 50 extras for the tournament I'm pretty sure.
It's a trade-off ... but I'll happily take his wickets usually.

Aussie fielding has been (mostly) superb - must have saved close to 40/50 runs.

Reactions: 1 user
Heh heh so much for Surya to be the saviour.

Well the Aussies have just shown this guys glaring weaknesses. Take pace off and he can't read the ball, it actually shows how poorly talented he actually is, just a slogger.

Starc is a champion.

One of our greatest white ball bowlers ever.

The criticism on here was bizarre. He takes wickets and has consistently for a decade.
A combined 6/89 in the semi and final. Plus his crucial ice-cool 16 not out in the semi.

Streak was wrong to start with but was doomed when old leon jumped on.

Warne, McGrath, Starc, first three bowlers picked in Australia's all-time ODI XI.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If Sharma isn't giving himself uppercuts his teammates should be. He had the best of the conditions to bat on, and tried to hit Maxwell out of the attack. After hitting him for a 6 & 4 off successive balls early in the over, he continued to bat as if he was playing T20 cricket. A very good chance that he may've cost India the World Cup. His dismissal swung the game back in Australia's favour.

If Sharma isn't giving himself uppercuts his teammates should be. He had the best of the conditions to bat on, and tried to hit Maxwell out of the attack. After hitting him for a 6 & 4 off successive balls early in the over, he continued to bat as if he was playing T20 cricket. A very good chance that he may've cost India the World Cup.
Agree. Worst of their batting tonight. Superhero stuff.

Geez that was crap running off the final ball by Kuldeep. Run out at the non-strikers end but the batsman got back. Bear in mind he has to hit the shot off the backfoot, Kuldeep should have easily had 3-4 strides in front of Siraj. How he was so slowly is ridiculous. If they lose this by 1 run, I'm sure this will be brought up.

Don't think this will be a walk in the park chase.

Head, Marsh and No Show the one's that can take it away from India. One of them gets 80 we win.

Will happily eat humble pie on this thread forever if the latter can deliver under pressure.

Prove Leysy wrong!

PS - Can't go to bed now. Running a dept wide meeting at 10am is gunna be tough ha!

I'm putting the pressure on Maxwell. Please don't *smile* this up!!
For mine, on all our quick scorers/hitters - Warner, Head, Maxie and Marsh - not to throw their wickets away with really rash shots. Think conditions are going to suit the test type batsmen like Marnus and Smith who can grind away, working the ball around like Kohli and Rahul did. But leaving enough wickets in hand for the hitters to smash what runs are needed over the last 5 overs.
It looks difficult to score fast without huge risk. See Rohit.

I would actually drop Marsh down to come in before Inglis but realise they're not going to alter the line-up at this stage.

Reckon it's going to be sh!t or bust, Warner, Head and Marsh will try to take the Indian bowlers to the cleaners, a hundred off the first 10 overs and we win.

Yep, they were going at 8 runs an over, he'd already scored 10 runs off the over, Sharma stuffed up big time.
Yer but they rely on his quick power starts so much. I think it just shows some of the others like Gill and Shreyas are not there yet.