Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Credit to the whole team so far.

We've bowled, fielded and captained our arses off.

Could not have asked for any more.

Whatever the score is. won't be an easy chase. Every run counts.

Reactions: 1 users
Inglis has just wasted 2 reviews kidding himself for stumpings. Batsmaen never out of their crease; foot always down.

That sort of self-delusion really does my head in. Get real Inglis.

Inglis has just wasted 2 reviews kidding himself for stumpings. Batsmaen never out of their crease; foot always down.

It looked like Smith said "I thought I heard a noise" on the first one; Inglis said he didn't think so.

Incorrect. No self delusion at all.

Stumping appeals don't use a review. If the umpire does go upstairs they do also check for other modes of dismissal i.e. LBW or caught behind, but if not out still don't use a review.

Essentially a free hit for the fielding team, hence why you see them go up whenever there is a 1% chance of a stumping.

Reactions: 2 users
Incorrect. No self delusion at all.

Stumping appeals don't use a review. If the umpire does go upstairs they do also check for other modes of dismissal i.e. LBW or caught behind, but if not out still don't use a review.

Essentially a free hit for the fielding team, hence why you see them go up whenever there is a 1% chance of a stumping.
Ok, assuming you're correct, didn't know that, so fine with it then. Still think we're often on a hope and a prayer with a lot 'nicked behind' reviews. Good luck hearing anything out on that arena with that crowd.

He's done it again! Looks like Spook's opinion on Starc is proving justified again. His loose balls, especially down leg, drive me spare,

But he IS a wicket-taker. I think half his success is because you just never know when he's going to bowl a ripper!

Reactions: 1 user
Starc is a champion.

One of our greatest white ball bowlers ever.

The criticism on here was bizarre. He takes wickets and has consistently for a decade.

Reactions: 2 users
Won't be an easy chase, 8-214 and India still favourites with the bookies.
Yep, they would probably have the best idea - follow the money! But I don't really know what to expect with Indian conditions. Weirdly contrived wicket preparation, humidity, reverse swing, dew. It's a lottery to me.