Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

As an aside for all the cricket watchers I know we are playing a World Cup final but it seems to me that the Australian cricket stocks appear pretty bare, especially in the batting department.
The scores in Sheffield shield cricket are low. How many first class players do we have outside the test team who average more than 40? Where are the next Australian batters because no one seems to be putting their hand up.
I don’t see any future batting stars on the horizon.

Reactions: 1 users
As an aside for all the cricket watchers I know we are playing a World Cup final but it seems to me that the Australian cricket stocks appear pretty bare, especially in the batting department.
The scores in Sheffield shield cricket are low. How many first class players do we have outside the test team who average more than 40? Where are the next Australian batters because no one seems to be putting their hand up.
I don’t see any future batting stars on the horizon.
We always find them, Sin. Marnus and Head were averaging in the 30s when they were first picked. That's one thing we have always done well here: grapevine intel often supersedes averages. "This bloke can play", or "is made of the right stuff" gets around quickly.

Pucovski is the obvious one if he can get right. World-class potential. Renshaw is still only 27 and after a few barren years looks to be back. Nathan McSweeney is establishing himself as a contender. Matt Short just turned 28 so has plenty of time and has leveled up since being exposed to international cricket.

Campbell Kellaway is very young and inexperienced but looks classy. Oliver Davies and Jake Fraser-McGurk have barrows of talent if they can apply it to the longer form. Teague Wylie is still 19 and has a first-class century. Not sure what's going on with Ashley Chandrasinghe right now but he's another 21y/o Victorian who made a Shield ton last season.

Even Jason Sangha, who was anointed after captaining the Australian under-19s but has thus far disappointed, is still only 24 and does have four first-class tons. There's time for him to stage a Klingeresque resurrection. (Klinger would have made a lot of test runs for NZ, or Zimbabwe, or West Indies.)

Reactions: 2 users
Great win by the Vic's against Qld, O'Neil will be on a hat-trick when he next plays.

The Cane Toads crumbled when the new ball was taken with about 8 overs to go.

Reactions: 1 user
Geez dew would want to be bad to warrant batting 2nd and the pressure that comes with chasing in front of 130,000.

Surely you bat first on a wearing pitch on a 32 degree day.

Won our last 5 batting first as well

Reactions: 2 users
They’ve had some luck. A couple of edges not carried, a pull shot that could have easily carried etc.
These are the things that probably needed to fall our way for us to be in the match and they haven’t unfortunately.

They’ve had some luck. A couple of edges not carried, a pull shot that could have easily carried etc.
These are the things that probably needed to fall our way for us to be in the match and they haven’t unfortunately.
The toss fell out way

Indians are too used to playing T20 cricket and we're not. This is the game with 30 extra overs....