Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Steps to making the World Cup Final.
1. Qualify for the tournament
2. Win enough games to make the Semi Final
3. Play South Africa in a semi final

:))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This is some first class trolling of @spook

Cummins (and Starc) doesn't get the kudos he deserves. Mainly because he doesn't suit the mold of the Langer/Hayden wanker era.
I can't even.

I could easily show how wrong he is but I've said it all before. Nonsense. Tripe.

Reactions: 1 user
I caught up with it all upon awakening this morning. Sounds like I saved myself a lot of stress and anxiety watching that. We nearly always seem to create a lot of drama for ourselves as a team. On the other hand, the talent is there because usually someone always turns up to get us out of the poo.

However, are we (was anyone) any chance of beating India at home? It looks to me that this WCC was ordained to be theirs long before it even started and the BCCI will ensure it happens according to the script - one way or another. They will leave no stone unturned, or blade of grass on the final's pitch, to make it a fait accompli.

Whoever that Pommie host was on ABC radio (probably via BBC), I say well done on a brilliant commentary through the night. Made me stay up until nearly 4:00am even though I dozed off a few times.

Got to give a lot of credit to this team & it's leadership for making the finals after they were virtually written off after the first two games.
Cummins captaincy has been particularly impressive. Is really growing into the role.

Reactions: 10 users
Got to give a lot of credit to this team & it's leadership for making the finals after they were virtually written off after the first two games.
Cummins captaincy has been particularly impressive. Is really growing into the role.
Yep, I called them a rabble. The return of Head has made a huge difference. I think I am converting in the way my brother once went from Daniel Jackson hater to lover in a season.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
India have to be very short priced favourites. Apart from anything else they are working out what pitch they want now..
That being said 7-8 of them have been outstanding all tournament.

However this a cricket and anything can happen. Early wickets are the key because they haven’t really been tested past their top 5 batters.

Reactions: 2 users
I couldn't believe the media hysteria writing Australia off at 0-2. Not one pundit made mention of who the two were (India and South Africa).

New Zealand the reverse. They were 4-0 but had played England, Netherlands, Bangladesh, Afghanistan. Then they copped India, Australia, South Africa and Pakistan and found themselves 4-4. Did well to make the semis. Their most notable achievement was thrashing England at a time when no-one knew how pathetic they would turn out to be.

Big day, can’t wait. Feels like we’ve snuck into this final despite our red hot form, so doesn’t have the air of expectation we’d normally have with a WC final which is a good thing.

I think we’ll get done if we bat 2nd, but I think we’re a massive chance if we bat first. Pat is due to win a toss too.

Apparently the pitch will be a turner. No surprises there. Will be a win for the ages if we get this done.
I read somewhere that there were people who noticed (Including Pat Cummins) that the rolling of the pitch was 'inconsistent". Evidently the pitch is rock hard and flat but amazingly very rough where the spinners land the ball.

I wonder why that has happened ? :unsure:

Been a bit of a dud tournament but a brilliant climax looms. The two best teams in front of of 120,000+ people.