Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

The bowling has been bloody terrible at times.
The constant short attack has played into the Poms hands, what's wrong with bowling at the stumps?
It's also been very good at times, and longer times. I think all up we've played well. People are too quick to focus on the negatives IMO. I struggle to focus on the negatives when we're 2 tests to 1 up in England. Players aren't robots.

Reactions: 1 user
It's also been very good at times, and longer times. I think all up we've played well. People are too quick to focus on the negatives IMO. I struggle to focus on the negatives when we're 2 tests to 1 up in England. Players aren't robots.
I get that, but the 2 wins have been closer than they should have been, because they bowled crap, and stopped trying to get Ben Stokes out.
I'm not convinced Cummins is a great captain, given some of the tactics.

Reactions: 1 users
I get that, but the 2 wins have been closer than they should have been, because they bowled crap, and stopped trying to get Ben Stokes out.
I'm not convinced Cummins is a great captain, given some of the tactics.
To me Cummins is only captain by title.

You can see who is the captain ‘on field’.

The Ashes are slipping away here. The series has turned with the Lyon injury and Woakes and Wood coming in.

Gotta say, the commentary is A1 for this series.

How much better is Atherton and Punter (the two best there is) plus Hussain and Co than anything we deliver.

First class.

Reactions: 4 users
Gotta say, the commentary is A1 for this series.

How much better is Atherton and Punter (the two best there is) plus Hussain and Co than anything we deliver.

First class.
Agree, and Tubby's like the Derm chatterbox...which I like.

We are under real pressure here.

Short bowling not working at all. 7 an over this session.

Anyone now doubt the worth/greatness of Nathan Lyon. And there have been plenty on here over the years.

What Pat Cummins would give to throw him the ball now. Irreplaceable.

Reactions: 2 users
Dominant the Poms there 170+ runs in the session.

Crawley too good for us.

Need wickets in first 30 mins after tea, or rain will be only thing saves us.

Also shines light on wasted chance yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user
The Ashes are slipping away here. The series has turned with the Lyon injury and Woakes and Wood coming in.
I have thought the English were slightly the better team from day 1. First two Tests were very close. People forget England made the running in the 1st Test for almost the entire game and only fluffed it in the last hour (and they forfeited the last two wickets of their first innings which is effectively what they lost by) . And they could very well have pinched the 2nd. - 6/301 needing 70 more. We did very well to win those games, and the addition of Wood and the subtraction of Lyon has significantly tipped the balance.
Our best chance is to stonewall from here and hope it buckets down Saturday and Sunday which is in the forecast.