Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Very frustrating we stack the batting and nearly everyone gets a start but we can still only score 300.

Hopefully the weather stays away this weekend. This has all the hallmarks of a classic.

A good batting deck but one that provides something for the bowlers too, we've seen seam, swing, bounce and spin on day 1. Seems like a pitch that you can score runs on but one that also means you are never really in.

A couple of cheap wickets from Labuschagne and Head with poor shots but it will be a massive shame if we don't get the full test in here. Looks weather permitting like it could be an awesome test match.

I’m a tad disappointed!

8/299.

So many starts and no one has gone on with it!

Let’s start
—————-

Warner. 32
Manus. 51
Smith. 41
Head. 48
Marsh. 51

One of those 5 had to go one with a big 100 and still be batting in the morning.

Heck even two!

Score over 350 plus might get us back in it.

Starc. N.O. 23
Cummins N.O. 1

A lot rests on these two to get us that 350 plus on a pretty good wicket.

Then it’s up to our bowlers to deliver when they get a chance.

Gee Wood is fast.

Why didn’t he play the first two tests? Was he injured?

Tonight…….

Attachments

• F2B85AA5-9040-4349-935E-67B5F5691583.png
    F2B85AA5-9040-4349-935E-67B5F5691583.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 7
  • B47FAB51-E7B7-4D25-B8A2-9071F4F0A3C3.png
    B47FAB51-E7B7-4D25-B8A2-9071F4F0A3C3.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 7F9BE3B4-1EEC-4085-A556-CE5B9821DDE7.png
    7F9BE3B4-1EEC-4085-A556-CE5B9821DDE7.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 1 user
I’m a tad disappointed!

8/299.

So many starts and no one has gone on with it!

Let’s start
—————-

Warner. 32
Manus. 51
Smith. 41
Head. 48
Marsh. 51

One of those 5 had to go one with a big 100 and still be batting in the morning.

Heck even two!

Score over 350 plus might get us back in it.

Starc. N.O. 23
Cummins N.O. 1

A lot rests on these two to get us that 350 plus on a pretty good wicket.

Then it’s up to our bowlers to deliver when they get a chance.

Gee Wood is fast.

Why didn’t he play the first two tests? Was he injured?

Tonight…….

Yeah Wood was injured. Its unfortunately been a trend with our quicker bowlers, they get injured a lot, but they help to transform and balance our attack when they are fit.

Should have done better on that pitch.

A couple of the LBWs were absolute horseshit, though. Tell me there's not a rat-faced Pommy nerd manipulating ball-tracking. Smith impact looked umpire's call. Green's was missing leg by inches.

Joel Wilson is useless.

83 overs in a day with the extra half hour. Pathetic from the Spirit of The Game champions.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah bit disappointing one of the batters who got a start didn't make a ton. But 300 on the board is no disgrace. Would love a tail wagging 30 or 40, but with a refreshed Woods steaming in it probably won't happen. Amazing series, almost every session in every test has momentum swings, just as one side looks to be getting on top the other lands a blow to get on top or get it back to even.

Old adage still applies

Don’t judge until both teams have batted

But

My gut feel is that England’s bowling attack has been superb at maintaining pressure.

Reactions: 1 users
Old adage still applies

Don’t judge until both teams have batted

But

My gut feel is that England’s bowling attack has been superb at maintaining pressure.
True Carts.

Let’s see when it’s Englands turn.

If the weather is as predicted to change, get ready for something to happen when it’s Englands turn.

Get a feeling the second innings could be a T20 style , set total, over to you England to get it!

Wouldn’t be surprised if a bold declaration.

Who will have the courage to do it!

Lost opportunities, no doubt.
So many starts.
Maarnus found another way to go out.
To a hack One Day bowler. LBW.
Not good Maarn.
Mow - ween should be arrested for public nudity.
His Dukes Balls have nothing on them.
But too good for Maarn.
Although I get the feeling this pitch still plays some tricks.
Does look good for batting but just as a partnership looked set, a Wicket.
Just could be a pitch you are never really "in" despite the capacity to score pretty freely.

Agree with The Sage Cartman though, wait till both sides bat on it.
Agree also that ball tracking stuff (and the rule to protect the on field decision) is absolute cods wallop.
You know if he gave it out it stays out.
If he gave it not out it stays not out.

Where's Edmund Black Adder,
Absolute Balderdash, Baldrick!

I too, have started up my Rain Dance.
Would be nothing better.
The Old Dart weather sticking it to The Old Dart!

• Haha
I reckon our last 2 wickets will go quickly so our bowlers will have the task in front of them to keep England under 310.

I reckon our last 2 wickets will go quickly so our bowlers will have the task in front of them to keep England under 310.

Looking back through the series so far it really has been the battle of bowling attacks. They’ve both been good at turning the screws.

Reactions: 1 users
317. Not sure it’s enough but I’ve been wrong a couple of times with my predictions ( but not many times though ).

Over to you England.

First hour will show us. No spinner.

England will come out with intent.

Only took three and a half tests to work out, good length, fourth/fifth stump line, and Duckett would provide catching practice for the cordon.