Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

I might be mistaken here as I haven’t followed the news the past couple of days but it seems the only Pom not whinging is bairstow.

or has he and I’ve missed it?

Reactions: 2 users
I might be mistaken here as I haven’t followed the news the past couple of days but it seems the only Pom not whinging is bairstow.

or has he and I’ve missed it?
Bairstow should put on his big boy pants (and I really mean big boy pants) and come out and say he has no problem with it as he's done exactly the same thing before. It would diffuse the situation, and he would regain respect.

At the moment he is coming across as a hypocrite of the highest order. As I understand, Oxford Dictionary will be putting a picture of Bairstow under the word hypocrite in their next edition.

Reactions: 3 users
I was actually quite embarrassed by this. I don't see why Stokes needed this treatment.

He didn't agree with what Carey did, but he was reserved in expressing his opinion and I thought handled himself admirably given the obvious disappointment he felt.

Great cricketer who deserves much more respect than this IMO.
Finally watched some news, am in Sydney for the night, and they reported his response to that picture. Apparently he said that’s not him, because he’s never taken the new ball :ROFLMAO:

Edit: found a link

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The first 2 wickets have surprised me, the curators were obviously asked to prepare a road for the first test, England won the toss and batted. The second test had a tinge of green grass, but gave very little to the bowlers.
Australia haven't won an Ashes series in England for over 20 years, I don't get why the wickets haven't been much the same as they have been for the last 20 odd years, it's like the English side lost their nerve.
Can't play Bazball on a pitch that swings n seams, gotta have a pitch that plays straight and even.

Reactions: 1 user
Just on the Starc catch , it made me think about the players who throw the ball in the air immediately after catching it. If that rule was invoked wouldn’t some of those be deemed illegal ?
Nah ya just gotta make sure you catch the ball on the downside. As Tugga once told the Hershey bar, you just dropped the world cup, when Gibbs from S.A. flicked up a catch n fumbled the downside coz he was already busy celebrating.

I was actually quite embarrassed by this. I don't see why Stokes needed this treatment.

He didn't agree with what Carey did, but he was reserved in expressing his opinion and I thought handled himself admirably given the obvious disappointment he felt.

Agree. That's just as crap as the English tabloids.

PS: Should have been Broad.

Reactions: 1 users
Gotta laugh at that Rishi Sunak bloke having a sook about the spirit of the game. Poor bastard is of Indian heritage n Pommie birth so he's got double reasons to be sniveling after the Aussies last three test victories.

As for that crock of *smile* called spirit of the game. It's nothing more than the grown up version of mothers telling their four n five year old snot noses to " play nicely "
There's only one reason that there are rules and adjudicators for sport, business and every other factor of life. Humans are simply cheats, manipulators, thieves, bullies n dodgy bastards in almost everything they've ever done. We're so bad we even have rules we pretend to adhere to when we're flat out trying to kaboom half the world out of existence.
Game day spirit should only be used for lubricating the tonsils so ya can tell the dodgy cheating opposition what ya really think of them.

Reactions: 1 users

Maybe so, but seeing him take the mickey from Lyon and engaging the crowd when Lyon limped out to bat peed me off.