Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Weird thing is we actually do have some good young spinners coming through. Rehan Ahmed is only 18 (maybe why he wasn't picked) but he debuted in our tour of Pakistan and looked very good. Theres a few others that we have tried out, Livingstone, Jacks. Root is also un underbowled and under rated bowler IMO.

We also have quicks which we aren't really seeing much of. Of course Archer was the great hope, but I like Mahmood (similar to Wood is a lot faster than the 3 we have picked).

We do seem to have an aversion to playing younger players for whatever reason. I don't think they expected the surface to be as bland as it has been (contrary to what I have seen posted on here), because we have 3 very similar pace bowlers. As we know on flat decks, you need variation and extra speed helps as movement off the surface or through the air isn't really happening, yet we didn't pick Wood, we picked Broad which makes me think they expected both seam and swing, which we have seen very little of in this test so far.
Always a bit of an unknown but that pitch looked pretty bland right from day 1.

Leaving wood out seemed strange. And Archer a big loss. He just cannot stay on the park. But dragging Ali out of retirement sends a message. Root is underrated as a bowler but his batting is too important to ask 20 overs of him.
Broad and Anderson still very loud and strong voices in that team, I reckon, notwithstanding baz being a big personality.

Reactions: 1 user
Kevin Pietersen perking up now that the Poms have hit back.

I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think a lot of Cummins ability as a skipper.

Lyon bowling before Boland is disappointing and the field placements again look very negative.

Olly Robinson established himself as a bit of a *smile* a few years back and franked his status yesterday with the Khawaja send-off

Would have been noted by the Australians and he can expect a barrage.

Games has otherwise been played in remarkably good spirits so far but I’m expecting that to change.

Reactions: 2 users
Olly Robinson established himself as a bit of a *smile* a few years back and franked his status yesterday with the Khawaja send-off

Games has otherwise been played in remarkably good spirits so far but I’m expecting that to change.
You don't scream F off at a guy after he has batted beautifully for more than a day against you.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Always a bit of an unknown but that pitch looked pretty bland right from day 1.

Leaving wood out seemed strange. And Archer a big loss. He just cannot stay on the park. But dragging Ali out of retirement sends a message. Root is underrated as a bowler but his batting is too important to ask 20 overs of him.
Broad and Anderson still very loud and strong voices in that team, I reckon, notwithstanding baz being a big personality.

Yeah I think if we'd known the pitch was going to be as slow as this, they would have picked Wood.

It might come down to the weather though how this one finishes up, if there is cloud cover either on Day 4 or 5, there seemed to be some good movement last night which the aussies used well (the light probably helped too) in the few overs they could bowl to take both openers.

This McCullum Ball is annoying just as much as it is interesting. If the Poms win it will be all we are the enlightened ones bringing revolutionary and entertaining playing style we deserve to win. If they lose it will be all we lost because we took risks and tried to entertain, did it for the fans, and we lost to boring old cobwebby aussies, we deserve to win.

It takes a lot of basic elements of Australian Test cricket philosophy, aggressive openers? We invented that, Slatts says hello. Not letting the game drift by trying different things? Ian Chappell says hello. I'm not sure the current English version is sustainable, even on a basic logistical level of constantly thinking of and executing field changes, we'll see. I can't see the fan field psyche-out really working much, or again. We'll see.

How was Robinson saying all OK to act like an *smile* 'cos Punter supposedly did it 15 years ago? Doesn't seem to square with the enlightened wellness and vulnerable philosophy.

Whoever wins the most coin tosses well could take the ashes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
This McCullum Ball is annoying just as much as it is interesting. If the Poms win it will be all we are the enlightened ones bringing revolutionary and entertaining playing style we deserve to win. If they lose it will be all we lost because we took risks and tried to entertain, did it for the fans, and we lost to boring old cobwebby aussies, we deserve to win.

How was Robinson saying all OK to act like an *smile* 'cos Punter supposedly did it 15 years ago? Doesn't seem to square with the enlightened wellness and vulnerable philosophy.

Whoever wins the most coin tosses well could take the ashes.
It’s a fascinating series.

These Poms seem to have a smiling, ‘tally-ho’ vibe about them, an affected casualness that could evaporate any moment.

Once our line and length attack starts to limit their scoring, I can’t wait to see where Baz Ball goes as a plan B.

Good call Carter. He's a fat slob who'll have a short career. I'd like to see a bit of chin music when he comes in.

I’ve seen twitter posts from Ollie Robinson. Another like Karen Cornes, has an intellectual disability.

• Haha
I’ve seen twitter posts from Ollie Robinson. Another like Karen Cornes, has an intellectual disability.
I heard today there were rascist tweets also ?

If this is true, the blokes an outright peanut and gives this series an extra edge

I heard today there were rascist tweets also ?

If this is true, the blokes an outright peanut and gives this series an extra edge
Yeah, racist ones, stupid ones, offensive ones. I reckon he would've been an anti vaxxer type .

Reactions: 1 users
Day 4 Pitch, still flat as a shitcarters hat.

It annoys me when they crap on about how hard the good pros work on practise. They are bloody professionals. They get paid big dough to stay fit and hit balls, they don't have to do anything else, they are just doing their job FFS.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users