Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

So the evil Merck comes through with a real antiviral, not an antiparasitic. Very good news if the clinical trials are up to scratch.

I wonder how many anti Big Pharma types will stick to their principles and refuse to take this if they get sick with Covid - after all, its an "experimental drug" just like the vaccines are.
Fair sample size in the trial too Anty 775 people.

Not quite 47,000 though.

1633142101327.png

From what I've seen (I don't have tattoos), a lot of tattoos seem to be a lot more painful than that tiny prick in your arm you get from the needle. I don't particularly like watching needles in my skin (they make me feel nauseous) but if I look away, no issue, thats needles going in or taking blood out. In fact I didn't even feel my Covid jab, I only knew she'd done it when she was dabbing the spot with a cotton bud.

I have one tattoo, and when people ask me what it feels like to get one I say " you know the feeling when you get an injection and you can feel the needle going through your skin and into your muscle - it's like that but just repeated every second for two hours".

Fair sample size in the trial too Anty 775 people.

Not quite 47,000 though.

View attachment 13758

As has been pointed out Lamby most of those trials were *smile*, at least that's what real medical scientists tell us. Let's not re-litigate that anyway, it's boring and tiresome having two lay-people arguing about the scientific merits, we aren't qualified. At least I'm not, perhaps you can tell us about your medical degree and research experience.

I'm awaiting the results of the Oxford PRINCIPLE trial though - they've got Ivermectin as one of the trial drugs - now that's a real study.

Great news that Merck has promising anti-covid virus medication in the pipeline though. Big Pharma eh - bastards.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
As has been pointed out Lamby most of those trials were *smile*, at least that's what real medical scientists tell us. Let's not re-litigate that anyway, it's boring and tiresome having two lay-people arguing about the scientific merits, we aren't qualified. At least I'm not, perhaps you can tell us about your medical degree and research experience.

I'm awaiting the results of the Oxford PRINCIPLE trial though - they've got Ivermectin as one of the trial drugs - now that's a real study.

Great news that Merck has promising anti-covid virus medication in the pipeline though. Big Pharma eh - bastards.

Theres a couple of large scale studies both in the US and the UK. Hopefully they can finally put to bed the truth behind Ivermectin.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Theres a couple of large scale studies both in the US and the UK. Hopefully they can finally put to bed the truth behind Ivermectin.

Yes, the PRINCIPLE one is a large study - they are looking at other drugs as well. The big (1500 sample) Together Trial in Brazil recently showed no benefit.

If any of these large, professionally conducted studies show conclusive benefits I'll happily eat humble pie on this. I doubt it though.

somebody has probably mentioned this -

but some media are calling Gladys B the "Covid Crusader" .... geezuz...

Yep, we should definitely have done what Poland did.

Meanwhile in Poland
ok, but they are right imo in this instance. Im glad to hear it. Also seeing nurses speak out against mandate vax who are provax too, that the coercion and also threatening people on their employment is wrong. We wont agree on that or others here, but I still think its wrong to force vaccination. Still waiting for this awesome "go fast and hard" 7 day lockdown to finish, now 2 months in and more to come!

ok, but they are right imo in this instance. Im glad to hear it. Also seeing nurses speak out against mandate vax who are provax too, that the coercion and also threatening people on their employment is wrong. We wont agree on that or others here, but I still think its wrong to force vaccination. Still waiting for this awesome "go fast and hard" 7 day lockdown to finish, now 2 months in and more to come.

You can choose to live in a country like Poland that has 75,000 dead from Covid or Australia, which has what, less then 2000 dead? Actually I don't think vaccinations should be enforced by the state, but I've got no problem with companies and organisations requiring it of their staff. I also agree that vaccinations are required if you want attend public events. It's a dangerous, contagious disease.

Reactions: 1 user
If it's lockdown fatigue in Vic what is going on in Canberra? 48 days into lockdown they are hitting record case numbers.
High income High education low density fewer "essential " blue collar industries Lower proportion of people needing to leave home to work given the high PS workforce.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
You can choose to live in a country like Poland that has 75,000 dead from Covid or Australia, which has what, less then 2000 dead? Actually I don't think vaccinations should be enforced by the state, but I've got no problem with companies and organisations requiring it of their staff. I also agree that vaccinations are required if you want attend public events. It's a dangerous, contagious disease.
Ant, you & some other posters love to go down tangents, that take things out of context to make a point that is not relevant or pull things in a different direction. Go ahead, make your day chump. Feed on the fear thats at times is over exaggerated to justify the BS state we live in

Source please? Meta-analysis or Cochrane Review?

ivmeta.com

LOL

In other Ivermectin nutbaggery, they are trying to claim new anti-virals developed by Pfizer are "rebadged Ivermectin". They ain't.

1633164906653.png

Mark my words, Dr @lamb22 will be back in a few months claiming he was really all about the "anti-virals".

Ant, you & some other posters love to go down tangents, that take things out of context to make a point that is not relevant or pull things in a different direction. Go ahead, make your day chump. Feed on the fear thats at times is over exaggerated to justify the BS state we live in

Al you are a good guy, but if you want post viewpoints from Poland you should check out what's actually happening in Poland first. That's not a tangent.