Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

45.04% of the population vaccinated
56.12% of 16+ vaccinated
Ranked 33 out of 38 OECD countries

No excuses now, the supply is finally here, these numbers should rise very quickly now.

We can get to 90%, we do it for other vaccines and this one is for a virus which is far more prevalent than measles, mumps and rubella at the moment.

When a kid starts at Primary School an immunisation statement is compulsory, those who do not provide the statement or are not vaccinated can be excluded from school if there is an outbreak of disease. How is this different from being excluded from a job if you are not immunised during the COVID pandemic? It's not. We accept these public health measures for the greater good of the community and they are even more important when there is an ongoing pandemic.

No excuses.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Good news on the anti-vaxxer builder front.
He texted me tonight saying he was going to get the jab next week.:giggle:
I guess after I confronted him about it last week, he saw it as a potential stumbling block re this & future jobs so got proactive about it.
Definitely a relief but I will gently ask him & his team for evidence before the job commences.

The Vic Gov is going to have to provide the public with a bit more clarity regarding workers or businesses in private homes once things open up.
Cheers also to jimbob03 who gave me some good advice around this situation too.(y)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I guess after I confronted him about it last week, he saw it as a potential stumbling block re this & future jobs so got proactive about it.
Definitely a relief but I will gently ask him & his team for evidence before the job commences.

The Vic Gov is going to have to provide the public with a bit more clarity regarding workers or businesses in private homes once things open up.
Cheers also to jimbob03 who gave me some good advice around this situation too.(y)

Great news TOO.

Of course some would say you've infringed on his human rights and discriminated unfairly against him - I call bull-S on that. People don't want to be exposed to this virus so if you want to do business, you want to work for an organisation, you want to attend public events, you need to get vaccinated. Your choice if you don't but other people will take steps to protect themselves.

Reactions: 3 users
Surely it's an agreement like any other agreement. Builder's prerogative to decline the job if the inhabitants aren't vaxxed.

Yep, you'll find that more and more businesses and individuals will be making that same agreement. And it's likely to be supported by laws and regulations pretty soon as well.

Yep, you'll find that more and more businesses and individuals will be making that same agreement. And it's likely to be supported by laws and regulations pretty soon as well.
Hopefully very soon. There has to be a way to access this information easily for both sides which avoids any confrontation.

Reactions: 1 users
45.04% of the population vaccinated
56.12% of 16+ vaccinated
Ranked 33 out of 38 OECD countries

No excuses now, the supply is finally here, these numbers should rise very quickly now.

We can get to 90%, we do it for other vaccines and this one is for a virus which is far more prevalent than measles, mumps and rubella at the moment.

we should be targeting 95% of 12+ by Xmas. As others have said, we should see a big influx of first doses over the next 11 days now that we have a deadline for authorised workers.

Great stuff.

I caught up with my cousin and her kids in the park yesterday. Haven’t seen them since before COVID began. I wanted to catch up with her because she has been vocally anti-vax and went down the QAnon rabbit whole for a while and I wanted to confront her about it.

Thankfully she has moved past this now and claims she wants to get vaccinated. But she is adamant she wants to hold out for Novavax, which is still a few months away from being available in Australia. She is seeing her GP tomorrow for advice and is hoping to get an exemption until Novavax is available. And she may get it too, as she has does have underlying health conditions (which is why she was hesitant in the first place).

But her husband won’t get any vaccine under any circumstance. He is a builder and has already come to terms with the idea that he won’t be returning to work before Xmas. But he doesn’t care.

• Angry

So you don’t need Drofder Designs now ?

• Haha

Let's hope the DJoker chooses not to come to the Aus Open, can't stand the bloke even before he completely disregarded people's health and partied during Covid and by all accounts an anti-vaxxer

Reactions: 4 users
Mrs EZ's pilates class teacher is closing her business, because she doesnt want to get vaccinated.

she's giving up her livelihood, which she's really good at, in her 50's (she rents),

apparently for a libertarian stance.

They should rework the saying 'cutting off your nose despite your face' I reckon?

maybe 'putrifying your lungs despite your brain'?

I'm quite astonished. Nice, normal seeming, woman. I'd hate to see her die alone in a plastic tent.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
So I found an article (written by the proninvermectin crowd) that provides a myriad of research and the emotional pulls to fit a conspiracy narrative around the whole sequence of events. Within all this will be elements of truth to big pharma profiteering conflated with a cartel meta story of control. It blithely shows that same aggregated data @lamb22 sent that has studies shown to be false and a story that first the pharmas made money from the vaccine and now they will make money from the antivirals and that was their plan all along. It’s a good story and one that’s easy to believe. It will likely be true that this is how pharmas profit but is it really a grand mastermind global conspiracy with a virus deliberately manufactured and released in Wuhan? Seems like a great movie

it then strengthens it followers with this stuff, undermining any rebuffs and public institutions. And as posts here attest - those supporting invernectin have been vilified. When this gets done, the vilifier basically confirms the story being true to those who are vilified.

“In this Pandemic, those who do not conform to lockdowns, mask wear, or vaccination protocols are vilified, regardless of the science. As Greenwald observes, our totalitarianism is couched in the guise of “helping and healing others.” We live in a totalitarian “therapeutic culture.” Those who do not conform are branded as “the enemy (of the state).” AND

“There is a reason that so many health care professionals are speaking out against the mandates, and it may have something to do with the fact healthcare is their field. For example, if airline pilots, experts in their field, refused to fly on a specific model of 747 aircraft, would an average person wish to know why, or would they blindly jump on that plane – because the FAA declared it safe? Help get the truth out.”

I think it’s important to understand why others have their views so if you want to understand why people ignore science then this helps explain it a little.

Reactions: 3 users
1,763 cases, was really hoping that we would start to see a dip in our numbers.

Also I was watching channel 7 news last night. It showed a state hub that was doing Pfizer and Moderna. There was a massive line for Pfizer and no one in the line for Moderna. It also said that their is 100,000 doses of Moderna available at state hubs. And there are concerns some may go to waste. I really hope people start to understand that getting a Moderna is a great option and you don’t have to book. It would be great for community leaders to step up an educate the benefits of this vaccine. As our first dose numbers should be really getting a huge boost this week with 100,000 extra doses.

• Sad
“There is a reason that so many health care professionals are speaking out against the mandates, and it may have something to do with the fact healthcare is their field. For example, if airline pilots, experts in their field, refused to fly on a specific model of 747 aircraft, would an average person wish to know why, or would they blindly jump on that plane – because the FAA declared it safe? Help get the truth out.”

I think it’s important to understand why others have their views so if you want to understand why people ignore science then this helps explain it a little.

It is helpful and productive to empathise with and understand different viewpoint RE.

Thats why I watch Sky on Thursday nights (its like having my brain raped, but I do it diligently)

inevitably, though, the analogies and justifications are flimsy at best.

I find analogies to reinforce illogic, usually do the opposite,

as is the case here.

1. As a brain surgeon is not an expert in the sharpening of steel, nor a footy player an expert in leatherwork, or the bus driver an expert in aspiration of a deisel engine, the pilot is not an expert in aeroplanes.

for the budding contrarians, libertarians, totalitarians and raeliens out there,

stay clear of analogies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thats why I watch Sky on Thursday nights (its like having my brain raped, but I do it diligently)

<snip>

stay clear of analogies.

Oh really?

I’m not up for diligent brain raping though. Reading that article above means I now have to wash my brain out to remove the invermectin jism.

• Haha