Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

My employer announced yesterday that you'll need to be double-vaxxed if you want to return to the office. Started with incentives to get jabbed, then customer-facing staff, now pretty much all employees. Creeping, creeping.
and if you aren't they will continue to employee you on a work from home basis until COVID disappears? If so you have a benign and/or generous employer.

and if you aren't they will continue to employee you on a work from home basis until COVID disappears? If so you have a benign and/or generous employer.
There's currently zero pressure to go into the office but I can't see a scenario after a sense of normality is restored where I won't be required to go in, at least occasionally.

FWIW I thought incentives were extremely generous for something most will do without prompting. If the incentives changed anyone's mind then they're looking at it all wrong IMO.

Reactions: 1 users
Heads up, there is a tier 1 exposure site at Australia Post Tullamarine. Express Post is highly unlikely to be delivered today.

Starting to wonder if Stig is Bernie Finn. That would explain a lot.

actually, there is a smoking gun. just not the smoking gun Andrews critics want. One of the obvious things to come out of this inquiry is that COVID is a health and safety issue. If Workcover are laying charges against VIC Health for not maintaining a safe workplace by exposing staff to COVID, this will give the state government a mandate to enforce vaccines at all VIC workplaces… And also for people who enter workplaces.

Isn’t it ironic that the anti-lockdown/antii-vaxxers who are calling for Andrews to be sacked may end up finding themselves out of a job :mhihi
so far Andrews is only acting on CHO recommendations - hence he is not moving to mandate vax for public servants. And on your argument if he ever will act autonomously, we will be waiting until the work cover case is finalised as he cannot pre-empt the outcome.

Reactions: 1 user
New serious Covid side effect :mhihi, (H/S report of course).

Covid’s latest bizarre side effect​

In a world first, a Covid patient in Japan has been diagnosed with “restless anal syndrome”.

** I'll be sure to steer clear of anyone scratching their arse from now on.

• Haha
"Hundreds of thousands of Victorians will be forced to be vaccinated against Covid 'if they want to continue working', Daniel Andrews has said.

The Premier on Friday said every Victorian worker currently in the authorised worker list would have to be vaccinated or would be unable to work onsite.

Mr Andrews said the vaccine mandate would help avoid seeing Victoria’s hospital system become overwhelmed.

Workers will need to be fully vaccinated by November 26."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/corona...a/news-story/0fe3a3b9df6c1b34529002ba9cd278ce (paywalled)

Reactions: 2 users
so far Andrews is only acting on CHO recommendations - hence he is not moving to mandate vax for public servants.

depends on whether the public servant is an authorised worker like myself. Very happy with Andrews press release today. Its just a shame we had to wait til mid-October to implement this. If only we'd reached this point 4-5 months ago, then we wouldn't be in lockdown now.

My employer announced yesterday that you'll need to be double-vaxxed if you want to return to the office. Started with incentives to get jabbed, then customer-facing staff, now pretty much all employees. Creeping, creeping.

Yep, and good for them. Only people who could not see the importance of vaccination at a national, state, employer and individual levels could not see this coming.

The police must be expecting a protest along the Maribyrnong River near Aberfeldie Park. They have arrived on mass. A massive police truck and I reckon over a hundred police officers are there.

ma
The police must be expecting a protest along the Maribyrnong River near Aberfeldie Park. They have arrived on mass. A massive police truck and I reckon over a hundred police officers are there.
Maybe they're protesting about the *smile* ridiculous protests.

Interesting article. Portugal still has ~18K dead - more than Sweden with its comparable population.
before or after the vaccine?

He delivered his message night after night in Portuguese TV studios, dressed in military fatigues to convey the sense of a war.

here in Australia there were people upset when we put a general in charge of ours..... the uniform sends the wrong message, scares migrants, blah blah

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting article. Portugal still has ~18K dead - more than Sweden with its comparable population.

But that was predominantly all in the wave that hit western europe on 2020. Daily deaths at the moment are in the single digits.

I'm glad employers are mandating vaccines to attend work. Why should I have to share my workspace with a pathetic needle-shy petri dish of deadly virus?

DS