Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

I haven't commented on the newspaper bit . I have been a critic of Dan's style going back to pre COVID days

I have commented last year on how the security firms were appointed last year and I know a few people who have some knowledge of what happened although not directly involved themselves. I said at the time that knowing the public service and how it works I could totally understand how such decisions could be made in a way that was described by the Royal Commissioner. There was such chaos in the DH and Dept of jobs and precincts then.

I am not defending it and ultimately the Premier is responsible for everything that happens in the state public sector but I do understand how it could happen the way it appears to have.
That was no Royal Commissioner and the parameters set out for the hearings were farcical.

Reactions: 1 users
Wants to play politics on it for mine. The numbers were released a couple of days ago by the General who is in charge. Mid October we will never have a supply issue again with the numbers that will be supplied.

no - because he has the supply, the fedEx truck must have pulled up this morning.
I'm cynical, but I think they may have made excuses to slow down the transition back to Pfizer three week shots so that the 80% double vaxed would be less likely to occur before the Melb Cup weekend, meaning the intrastate travel restriction could be retained without needing to change the "roadmap". And the "re-opening" wouldn't be on a party long weekend.

A similar thing occurred last year when the targets for intrastate travel changed just before the long weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been involved in this thread for a little while and I have been mulling recently "when did the left become so authoritarian?". The discussion on here is so banal and lacking in any sophistication. Dogma is trotted out as science, Dissent is of course heresy and posters shout out for the full powers of the state be used to protect the norms from the not norms.

Then tonight I found this clip which eloquently reflects my unease at this situation.

Yeah, I've noticed a fair bit of dogma trotted out as science.

I think it started with hydrochloroquin, moved on to getting sunlight into peoples' bodies, has now arrived at horse parasite treatment and we are all wondering what miracle cure the RWNJs will come up with next.

Anything to avoid having to have a needle in the arm I suppose, such wimps.

DS

• Haha
That was no Royal Commissioner and the parameters set out for the hearings were farcical.
Yes, it was a Board of Inquiry not RC headed by a ex Judge who had been a commissioner on the child sex abuse Royal Commission and is also an ex Victorian State Coroner.

Last edited:
So, the Worksafe charges from the 2020 HQ... doesn't this open up a can of worms.

Could this mean charges to any employer who doesn't stop preventable transmissions?

Could this lead to a ban for the unvaccinated in any Victorian workplace?

View attachment 13731
Well I will close my office immediately. How can anything be "without risks" . I have stairs, short of belaying everyone who comes and goes someone can always fall. If a risk is unreseanonable or excessive fair enough.

I've been involved in this thread for a little while and I have been mulling recently "when did the left become so authoritarian?". The discussion on here is so banal and lacking in any sophistication. Dogma is trotted out as science, Dissent is of course heresy and posters shout out for the full powers of the state be used to protect the norms from the not norms.

Then tonight I found this clip which eloquently reflects my unease at this situation.

"Truly, I'm a novel and innovative thinker who avoids banalities and thinks differently. Unlike the rest of you sheep I do my own research and don't follow the herd. Here's a YouTube video I found that sums up my exact thoughts on the issue."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yes, it was a Board of Inquiry not RC headed by a ex Judge who had been a commissioner on the child sex abuse Royal Commission and is also an ex Victorian State Coroner.

Yep.
I didnt realise till I visited again the way the "inquiry" was noted. Not Judicial Inquiry as Dan initially stated. Here is a quick article that explains it. Bending the perception a touch on what many thought was organised and what eventuated as a type of inquiry

Yep.
I didnt realise till I visited again the way the "inquiry" was noted. Not Judicial Inquiry as Dan initially stated. Here is a quick article that explains it. Bending the perception a touch on what many thought was organised and what eventuated as a type of inquiry

Not sure of the point. The inquiry was quite scathing of early days of Victoria’s HQ. It just didn’t find the smoking gun that many were hoping for.

Not sure of the point. The inquiry was quite scathing of early days of Victoria’s HQ. It just didn’t find the smoking gun that many were hoping for.

The sticking point for the AFR seems to be that it was led by a highly credentialed former judge rather than a sitting judge. Wowee.

The sticking point for the AFR seems to be that it was led by a highly credentialed former judge rather than a sitting judge. Wowee.
She is also an ex coroner and coroners are well credentialed into looking into systems, processes and decision making as they are in things related to the health system as a lot of coroner cases relate to that.

True. More the type of Inquiry. As you mentioned. backing up point u Board of Inquiry made compared people thinking it was a Judicial Inquiry

She is also an ex coroner and coroners are well credentialed into looking into systems, processes and decision making as they are in things related to the health system as a lot of coroner cases relate to that.
Though wasn't she there to find fault, not make recommendations RC style.

Heads up, there is a tier 1 exposure site at Australia Post Tullamarine. Express Post is highly unlikely to be delivered today.

Stigs a COVID insider. He knows things you don't. Wake up.

Starting to wonder if Stig is Bernie Finn. That would explain a lot.

actually, there is a smoking gun. just not the smoking gun Andrews critics want. One of the obvious things to come out of this inquiry is that COVID is a health and safety issue. If Workcover are laying charges against VIC Health for not maintaining a safe workplace by exposing staff to COVID, this will give the state government a mandate to enforce vaccines at all VIC workplaces… And also for people who enter workplaces.

Isn’t it ironic that the anti-lockdown/antii-vaxxers who are calling for Andrews to be sacked may end up finding themselves out of a job :mhihi

Well I will close my office immediately. How can anything be "without risks" . I have stairs, short of belaying everyone who comes and goes someone can always fall. If a risk is unreseanonable or excessive fair enough.

Here's the thing Worksafe will always find on the side of the employee if injury has occurred at a workplace unless there as egregious fault by the employee. I reckon the other Ian is right employees catching covid at a workplace due to unvaccinated staff is a can of worms worksafe wise.

Reactions: 2 users
Here's the thing Worksafe will always find on the side of the employee if injury has occurred at a workplace unless there as egregious fault by the employee. I reckon the other Ian is right employees catching covid at a workplace due to unvaccinated staff is a can of worms worksafe wise.
Or even catching it from vaccinated staff too. Ohhh no. Back to caves we gooooo! Haha

1,143 new cases today. Also we should clock up 50% eligible fully vaccinated today. This was the exact time that NSW cases started to go down.

My employer announced yesterday that you'll need to be double-vaxxed if you want to return to the office. Started with incentives to get jabbed, then customer-facing staff, now pretty much all employees. Creeping, creeping.

If Workcover are laying charges against VIC Health for not maintaining a safe workplace by exposing staff to COVID, this will give the state government a mandate to enforce vaccines at all VIC workplaces… And also for people who enter workplaces.
That’s an oversimplification. Charges would relate to failing to maintain a safe workplace , so far as is reasonably practicable, and each one will point to a specific issue such as failure to provide adequate training, PPE etc.

if they were satisfied that the systems in place were adequate it’s unlikely that any charges would be laid, despite there being transmission that occurred. The charges would relate to ‘gaps’ that were deemed as not being not good enough at the time.