Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

what belief do they have?
dont want foreign substances in their body?- while they smoke, and their was a video going around of some sniffing something in a corner, plenty with tatts.
right to free choice?- while they harrass and abuse vaccination workers, and people who are choosing to be vaccinated.
the freedom our soldiers have fought for? while they climb all over the Shrine and leave a mess there.
the right to work?- while they abuse vaccination workers, and attempt to shut down the city for those who are working.
an end to lockdowns?- while they take action that is likely to cause my infections, reducing any chance lockdowns will end soon.

there may initially have been a couple of people in the mass who are "innocently protesting" about being forced to have a vaccination, who would otherwise be working hard on a construction site, wearing masks when needed, and following all other safety rules.
but the big majority are not. it is almost irrelevant whether there are any workers amongst the group.
what is clear is that they are all selfish dumb *smile*.
I agree they are selfish dumb nutjobs. Selfish. I detest protests that involve physical intimidation and property destruction.

But why is the narrative these are alt-right protestors and not construction workers? When there clearly are many construction workers amongst them. That have been interviewed. That are angry about the no jab no work rule. Brought in with little discussion and scarce time. Plenty of CFMEU members have participated in the violence destruction and thuggery.

This protests involves both ends of the spectrum I have little time for.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree they are selfish dumb nutjobs. Selfish. I detest protests that involve physical intimidation and property destruction.

But why is the narrative these are alt-right protestors and not construction workers? When there clearly are many construction workers amongst them. That have been interviewed. That are angry about the no jab no work rule. Brought in with little discussion and scarce time. Plenty of CFMEU members have participated in the violence destruction and thuggery.

This protests involves both ends of the spectrum I have little time for.

It definitely involves a bit of both. Its wrong to say the majority of rioters are far-right or antivaxers but those groups have definitely been whipping this industry into a frenzy. I don't think we'll ever know the exact percentage of those that are genuine contruction workers and who is agitating for other reason, but the infiltration of far-right groups into the union movement was called out a month ago by Sally McManus.

And here's some recent content highlighting the role of antivaxers in underminding public health.

Maybe some are alt-right construction workers?

my cousin is an accountant. her hubby is a builder. they have both gone down the QAnon/Anti-vax rabbit hole. it takes all types. especially if you are vulnerable and struggling with your mental health during COVID.

Reactions: 4 users
RoCo blocks lots of people Lee. Rabid righties get up his nose for sure but I once suggested to him that he could calm down a bit and engage instead of just telling people to FRO and his reply was FRO. :D

I think he has an anger problem myself.
I refer to him as FROco. Blocked him yonks ago because of his ranting.

Reactions: 1 users
RoCo blocks lots of people Lee. Rabid righties get up his nose for sure but I once suggested to him that he could calm down a bit and engage instead of just telling people to FRO and his reply was FRO. :D

I think he has an anger problem myself.
Connolly never missed a chance to tell us his favourite band was Rage against the Machine. Maybe that's his life philosophy too. Lives in East Malvern so he isn't as committed as as he claims.
But I do / did like his footy perspectives but I'm not a great pod cast listener so he is off my radar.

Thought I'd share this.
Someone may find it interesting.

4.30pm today when went into my local ALDI.

1. Old lady (sounded lovely) around 85 walking around with mask around her chin talking to random ppl whilst coughing (oblivious).
Did sound like smokers cough...but anyway. Ppl just looking at each other shaking heads.

2. Whilst waiting in line a lady in front of me was speaking to cashier about her work and covid...asking if she (cashier) felt worried working in supermarket serving so many ppl.
Cashiers response "No..I don't, whys that"

"We had over 700 cases today!!!

"Ohhh...really cashier said, "last time I checked we were only getting 20s per day but that was a couple of months ago and i thought we were through worse of it, not good"

I just found it funny. I was just shocked to hear that. Haha.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Just looked a bit at nutcase Jamal's facebook site. He posted a video from another nutcase anti-vaxxer Todd Callender. Unfortunately people want to believe in these types. At least there are some that critically look into these people.

If true they can get a first hand tour of the ICU as far as i'm concerned, i have zero sympathy.
Yeh, it would be good if plenty of them ended up in ICU. Although then they'll probably claim the police fired poison at them.

Thought I'd share this.
Someone may find it interesting.

4.30pm today when went into my local ALDI.

1. Old lady (sounded lovely) around 85 walking around with mask around her chin talking to random ppl whilst coughing (oblivious).
Did sound like smokers cough...but anyway. Ppl just looking at each other shaking heads.

2. Whilst waiting in line a lady in front of me was speaking to cashier about her work and covid...asking if she (cashier) felt worried working in supermarket serving so many ppl.
Cashiers response "No..I don't, whys that"

"We had over 700 cases today!!!

"Ohhh...really cashier said, "last time I checked we were only getting 20s per day but that was a couple of months ago and i thought we were through worse of it, not good"

I just found it funny. I was just shocked to hear that. Haha.
1632386949034.png

They can get a first hand tour of the ICU as far as i'm concerned, i have zero sympathy.
Perhaps long Covid instead. I want the ICU for people that didn’t bring it on themselves.

someone is showing this. it appears some cops have a predator symbol on the front part of the uniform. Someone has link it to this coy.
Dan is hiring extra muscle?