Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Vaccines and public health are based on science, anti-vax is based on what?

They ain't the same Al. If I have a heart condition I'll go to coronary surgeon, not consult with other no-nothing idiots on facebook.
Yeah fine.
Im just stating what im seeing & reading.

On radio teachers are kickin up. Even one wouldnt listen to reason and his rationale.

Mentioned some young female teachers wont get vaxed as they are worried on having babies after these jabs. So they'll have to quit.

Again hope see the context of my post.

Just stating what im hearing. Not arguing for or against these views. These for & against arguments have been ongoing for quite sometime. Thus why i said its a perpetual argument. Never ending like the wheels on bus that go round & round

Reactions: 2 users
I presume not since they have failed Intelligence Test 101. Just shake my head in disbelief someone could be so stupid as to give up their job because they won't get a jab. Personal freedoms have to take a back seat when community freedoms of keeping out of hospital have a higher priority.
Good teacher, a bit old school and loved authority (go figure, teacher haha)

we do speak a bit about it on site (covid) and she was the main one who is against all of it eg lockdowns, jab, government.
Must admit, a few months ago when we hit zero cases (donut days) she was the only one telling us all not to be so stupid and plan ahead and cases would get to 1000 in October an November with school all but off.

Reactions: 1 user
I dont disagree with the theory, but the reality of locking democratically elected MPs out of the decision making process, no matter how dumb they and the people who vote for them are, is not going to help the current situation.
Well they are all locked out now with parliament not sitting.

Mentioned some young female teachers wont get vaxed as they are worried on having babies after these jabs. So they'll have to quit.
I really don't understand the position of these female teachers. My sister is a teacher and is pregnant expecting in March. She is fully vaccinated. She spoke to her doctor.

If these teachers spoke to their doctors they would find out that the risks are extremely minimal and that you are much better off being vaccinated than being exposed to COVID. Or are they consulting Dr. Facebook? It's bizarre; as I said I just can't get my head around it.

Reactions: 6 users
Was quickly reported earlier, yet to be confirmed. Channel 9 security guard protecting reporter & crew, didnt have "all" paperwork on him. Arrested on the spot. Had a bit on him showing reason he was there. Still arrested.

Police checking nearly everyone in city, especially near vic market. No id, irrespective who, what or maybe even a 80 yo pulling a grocery cart. No exception apparently, they are all getting arrested.
Woah. Unsure full truth on it but it is happening.

Cfmeu anti vaxer carrying a Trump MAGA flag,

surely thats unprecedented conflation?

There certainly isn't a lot of critical thought ability among them.

The logic to having the rally at the Shrine of Remembrance is the tire old cliche (borrowed and appropriated from US political discourse) - "They fought for our Freedom".

In actual fact, if you talk to most vets (I grew up partly raised by grandparents of the WWII generation) who literally, at the time, felt they were fighting for our country's survival in the battle for SE Asia and the Pacific. None would speak that cheesy, mindless modern cliche pulled from US cinema.

Some joined up for adventure. Some - who were vagrant workers, wandering the countryside moving from temporary job, to temporary job doing manual labour just to make enough to survive - saw it as a steady job they would get paid, fed and housed in. An end to the uncertainty of not knowing where the next shilling was coming from. And for others, they were simply typical of a generation that lived a life of duty and responsibility to their family and community as their raison d'etre. And as an extension, there was a duty and responsibility to contribute to the war effort, by serving, for the survival of our society.
As a follow up to this. I was listening to one of the protestors being interviewed on ABC radio. Just mindless, blithering nonsense coming out of his mouth. "I have known freedom, I've just had a grandson born and he won't know freedom if we don't stand up and fight back." A bit like the extremes of intersectional identity politics we hear coming from the left side of the political spectrum. It's like a cult. A quasi-religious cult talking in it's own form of nonsensical tongues.

It's nearly like in a post-religious world that the west is progressing towards. We haven't become some sort of enlightened utopia ruled by logic and reason. Which was the type of world wishfully thought to be the end point of a post-religious order. What has happened is that politics has become the new religion. It's filled that void.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
They’ve now turned up at vax hubs and are abusing the healthcare workers and people getting vaccinated.

• Angry
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
yes, they clearly respect the right of individuals to make their own choices.
They’ve now turned up at vax hubs and are abusing the healthcare workers and people getting vaccinated.
If any of you blokes are heading to get your vaccination today. Make sure you take some old beer cans you can fill with your own pee to throw at them. Would love to bait them like that, with some of their own medicine.

Pulled from a friend on Facebook:
View attachment 13637

You cant make this stuff up what people are thinking, yeah it was the cops fault you all ended up at the Shrine, and one of the blokes on the Facebook Live sprouting Covid is a Myth.
Well they did leave a disrespectful mess. Bit rich to align themselves with our war dead. This is more Eureka Stockade. They should make a flag.

Cfmeu anti vaxer carrying a Trump MAGA flag,

surely thats unprecedented conflation?
In fairness, no one really understands the American political system so they may think that Trump is about to be elected.

I'm sure the irony wasn't lost on many looking at the protestors yesterday claiming that they were fighting for the same thing that the soldiers that the shrine remembers were fighting for. Bearing in mind many of those soldiers had to have mandatory vaccinations to fight overseas, the irony is incredibly strong. I think a few of those tools need a history lesson.

• Love

Generally protests like this are designed to gain public support. Acting like that for people choosing to get the vaccine will not gain them any public support, quite the opposite.

I really don't understand the position of these female teachers. My sister is a teacher and is pregnant expecting in March. She is fully vaccinated. She spoke to her doctor.

If these teachers spoke to their doctors they would find out that the risks are extremely minimal and that you are much better off being vaccinated than being exposed to COVID. Or are they consulting Dr. Facebook? It's bizarre; as I said I just can't get my head around it.

I'll bet these teachers are on the birth control pill, which is more problematic than any of the Covid vaxxes. :rolleyes:

Stupidity at best.

Reactions: 3 users
by muddying the waters on who is behind this, the extreme right are achieving their purpose. And its being made worse by not being publicly condemned by right wing political parties. Yes, I’m sure a small percentage of these protesters are genuine tradies, but the actions of the protesters tell us they are significantly in the minority and are definitely not running things.

They are also taking advantage of the fact that the CMFEU is on the nose with the public after their petty *smile* tearoom protest on Friday.
How do you know this?

Why can't people accept that construction workers may well in fact be pissed off about the announcements around compulsory vaccination?

Why would they allow themselves to be led like this if they didn't believe in the protests?

Spot on.

My daughter is planning to try for children next yr.

Due to a medical condition the AZ didnt suit her so she waited for Phizer. She's had her first jab now and in a few weeks she'll get her second.