Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Tigers of Old...most of it is because last year the goverment said jab wouldnt be mandatory.
a year on, well if you dont get it you lose your job/leisure and livelyhood.
Governments are purely to gutless to make the jab mandatory, it'll cause an erection backlash if they force through the legislation.
Much easier to hide behind the coercion of no jab, no pub, no footy, no job, no travel n leave it all up to the individual industries to police, discriminate n segregate while also risking the law suits.

Reactions: 2 users
Covid is spread mostly by the mouth and nose.
In breaking news, scientists are now saying that the greatest risk comes from assholes !!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Governments are purely to gutless to make the jab mandatory
It carries all sorts of uncomfortable overtones about government control, more serious than lockdowns. Allowing employers to enforce it in piecemeal fashion is awkward also, but as someone said earlier, it still leaves people with a choice, even if it's not much of a choice for those keen to keep their jobs.

No guarantee you won't resign and find another employer only to discover they're making it mandatory, too.

This incident of police excessive unwarranted force has brought attention worldwide. Not a good look.

Honestly kid couldve been killed with his head slammed onto the solid ground like that.

Sorry this is sickening. That particular officer should be stood down immediately.

Boss copper was suggesting this incident was taken out of context. Probably similar context to the old granny being pepper sprayed on the weekend while already lying on the ground.

It carries all sorts of uncomfortable overtones about government control, more serious than lockdowns. Allowing employers to enforce it in piecemeal fashion is awkward also, but as someone said earlier, it still leaves people with a choice, even if it's not much of a choice for those keen to keep their jobs.

No guarantee you won't resign and find another employer only to discover they're making it mandatory, too.
Problem is that it forces 100's of individual businesses and their staff to confront n deal with the consequences of government cowardice.
This is supposed to be some sort of global health emergency and the various branches of government have been quick to establish all sorts of emergency powers, border closures n lock downs n curfews. Yet they won't do the one simple thing of enforcing mandatory vaccination for everybody, leaving a pile of scrambled *smile* for everyone else to deal with. Purely for reason of political cowardice.

Reactions: 1 user
Problem is that it forces 100's of individual businesses and their staff to confront n deal with the consequences of government cowardice.
This is supposed to be some sort of global health emergency and the various branches of government have been quick to establish all sorts of emergency powers, border closures n lock downs n curfews. Yet they won't do the one simple thing of enforcing mandatory vaccination for everybody, leaving a pile of scrambled *smile* for everyone else to deal with. Purely for reason of political cowardice.
Don't think it's as clear-cut as cowardice. Government-ordered vaccination isn't happening anywhere else in the world and would possibly breach some sort of law.

I do agree these are special circumstances that perhaps warrant further discussion, but there would be many opponents. You'd hope the overwhelming majority would consent to get vaccinated out of sheer self-preservation, but 100% consensus is rarely achievable.

Maybe 000's of deaths is what it takes to get everyone on the same page.

Boss copper was suggesting this incident was taken out of context. Probably similar context to the old granny being pepper sprayed on the weekend while already lying on the ground.
yeah saw what he said. 2 departments will look at it.
Hope the kid lodges a formal complaint, gets legal representation and sues them if he can.
Unacceptable to slam his head like that. Honestly could have killed him.
Out of context, laughable. Placid kid talking quietly & calmly to a cop. No aggression appears to have been just walking out of railway station.
yeah out of context, what put some bs doubt. I personally dont buy it in this incident

they have asked for witnesses to ring crime stoppers. Lady who posted it wanted to stay anonymous. You wonder if she fears for her safety.

Hope the kid lodges a formal complaint, gets legal representation and sues them if he can.
Unacceptable to slam his head like that. Honestly could have killed him.
Out of context, laughable. Placid kid talking quietly & calmly to a cop. No aggression appears to have been just walking out of railway station.
yeah out of context, what put some bs doubt. I personally dont buy it in this incident

they have asked for witnesses to ring crime stoppers. Lady who posted it wanted to stay anonymous. You wonder if she fears for her safety.
Oh get a grip. We don't know the context. For all we know he may have assaulted a cop. Imo it was too forceful but tensions run high in these situations. All in all the cops were unbelievably restrained. I am proud of our police force resisting those who think they have a god given right to use intimidation and violence to disrupt the lives of innocent people.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Why the *smile* would it need two departments to look at it???? Must be the same reason as Dan runs 28,000 different departments of Coroner Govt. I can't remember. I'm not sure. Someone was doing something. Maybe someone else might know.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh get a grip. We don't know the context. For all we know he may have assaulted a cop. Imo it was too forceful but tensions run high in these situations. All in all the cops were unbelievably restrained. I am proud of our police force resisting those who think they have a god given right to use intimidation and violence to disrupt the lives of innocent people.
get a grip. u get a grip, stupid comment. May of assaulted a cop, ffs. Police far too excessive and no safety for the individaul. Came from behind and slammed his head on concrete. Better techniques. No safety for the victim. These actions should never be condoned. There is no threat here. No excuse for such forcefulness. There is a lot of good work done by cops but it gets undone by imbeciles like that particular cop.
And fyi, only a couple posts back i was complimenting some good work cops did

if for one moment that officer talking to the kid was in danger, do you for 1 moment under such high tensions you mention the other officers to the right would not have been next or surrounded the kid like they normally do to assist an officer questioning a person. Then arrest him if he is not compliant. Cops were checking travel points in/out of city. fair enough. Cowardly act to come from behind, grab the shoulders, kid couldnt brace himself. Sling tackle. Its not good sorry. Kids was listening to music.

If I had to guess, he is being questioned for either not wearing a mask maybe ( I couldnt see if he was wearing one), or his intention for being in the city and to show id. Will see what the investigation by both Transit Safety Division and Professional Standards Command say.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users