Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Instructive that since post #18628 noted this morning the record number of cases in Vic today, there has been not a single mention in 57 posts. Part of the move to "living with" mode.

I really don't understand the position of these female teachers. My sister is a teacher and is pregnant expecting in March. She is fully vaccinated. She spoke to her doctor.

If these teachers spoke to their doctors they would find out that the risks are extremely minimal and that you are much better off being vaccinated than being exposed to COVID. Or are they consulting Dr. Facebook? It's bizarre; as I said I just can't get my head around it.
Maybe todays teachers get all their knowledge from tried and trusted FB or Wikipedia?

Yeah fine.
Im just stating what im seeing & reading.

On radio teachers are kickin up. Even one wouldnt listen to reason and his rationale.

Mentioned some young female teachers wont get vaxed as they are worried on having babies after these jabs. So they'll have to quit.

Again hope see the context of my post.

Just stating what im hearing. Not arguing for or against these views. These for & against arguments have been ongoing for quite sometime. Thus why i said its a perpetual argument. Never ending like the wheels on bus that go round & round

Sure Al.

They can choose to be on the side of science, or on the side of the rumour mongers spreading ignorance, fear and hate on FB and twitter.

There is no "for and against". FB warriors are not the intellectual equivalent of medical scientists.

Reactions: 1 user
My daughter is planning to try for children next yr.

She's had her first jab now and in a few weeks she'll get her second.

I know its not a fathers place to offer unsolicited advise on such matter Al,

but FWIW, me and mrs EZ found 3 or 4 jabs a day was the most effective.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
How do you know this?

Why can't people accept that construction workers may well in fact be pissed off about the announcements around compulsory vaccination?

Why would they allow themselves to be led like this if they didn't believe in the protests?

mate, there have been Heil Hitler chants. Chanting went from “no more vax” to “no more blacks” at one point. One of the ringleaders is an “IT guru” named Harrison McLean (not a tradie). Wife basher Avi Yemini has been front and centre every day. Even Bunnings Karen was there FFS.

As I said, I’m sure there are some tradies involved. But they are not running it.

Reactions: 1 users
do you know this?

Why can't people accept that construction workers may well in fact be pissed off about the announcements around compulsory vaccination?

Why would they allow themselves to be led like this if they didn't believe in the protests?
what belief do they have?
dont want foreign substances in their body?- while they smoke, and their was a video going around of some sniffing something in a corner, plenty with tatts.
right to free choice?- while they harrass and abuse vaccination workers, and people who are choosing to be vaccinated.
the freedom our soldiers have fought for? while they climb all over the Shrine and leave a mess there.
the right to work?- while they abuse vaccination workers, and attempt to shut down the city for those who are working.
an end to lockdowns?- while they take action that is likely to cause my infections, reducing any chance lockdowns will end soon.

there may initially have been a couple of people in the mass who are "innocently protesting" about being forced to have a vaccination, who would otherwise be working hard on a construction site, wearing masks when needed, and following all other safety rules.
but the big majority are not. it is almost irrelevant whether there are any workers amongst the group.
what is clear is that they are all selfish dumb *smile*.

I know its not a fathers place to offer unsolicited advise on such matter Al,

but FWIW, me and mrs EZ found 3 or 4 jabs a day was the most effective.
Oh i see how that reads the other way too. Hahaha.

This incident of police excessive unwarranted force has brought attention worldwide. Not a good look.

Honestly kid couldve been killed with his head slammed onto the solid ground like that.

Sorry this is sickening. That particular officer should be stood down immediately.

Reactions: 2 users
I am with you on wiki for general knowledge and reference. acedemic purposes?

for strict academic, science or discipline stuff you go to the relevant journals and monographs, and you have to be in the discipline to understand them fully. For a high level description of how an mRNA vaccine works wikipedia is absolutely fine.

If you click on the "Talk" tab in wikipedia you can see the discussion/debates of the contributors. Wikipedia is fantastic - open source knowledge. It won't get everything right of course.

Heheh, the hopeless lefty has blocked me. Can't imagine what I posted to deserve that.
RoCo blocks lots of people Lee. Rabid righties get up his nose for sure but I once suggested to him that he could calm down a bit and engage instead of just telling people to FRO and his reply was FRO. :D

I think he has an anger problem myself.

Reactions: 3 users
This incident of police excessive unwarranted force has brought attention worldwide. Not a good look.

Honestly kid couldve been killed with his head slammed onto the solid ground like that.

Sorry this is sickening. That particular officer should be stood down immediately.

Its not a good look. Don't agree he should be stood down immediately, but the incident needs to be investigated immediately and if wrongdoing is found he should be sacked.

I really don't understand the position of these female teachers. My sister is a teacher and is pregnant expecting in March. She is fully vaccinated. She spoke to her doctor.

If these teachers spoke to their doctors they would find out that the risks are extremely minimal and that you are much better off being vaccinated than being exposed to COVID. Or are they consulting Dr. Facebook? It's bizarre; as I said I just can't get my head around it.
the "jab" has stuffed my wifes menstural cycle for 3 months.
gotta be careful if trying for a baby
we are not.

RoCo blocks lots of people Lee. Rabid righties get up his nose for sure but I once suggested to him that he could calm down a bit and engage instead of just telling people to FRO and his reply was FRO. :D

I think he has an anger problem myself.
I don't mind him, he's an honest battler. Just can't be objective when it comes to Essendon.