Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

You know how extreme people have become when a teacher quits because they won’t get the vaccine. I hope this selfish knob never gets a teaching gig again.
mentioned teachers before, had read a few in the 30s awhile ago they were not happy to getting the vax (unsure why) fwiw.
Not surprised it is happening. Believe there will be more.

Just proves that there is no such thing as compulsory vaccination.

That teacher has exercised his/her democratic right to choose, same rights that the construction workers have.
And to add there are police officers too who dont want the vax.

My hunch / guess, the govt wont mandate this for police that while all this unrest is going on pushing mandate on different industries.
The last thing the govt wants is unrest amongst the police while enforcing things at the moment. Purely speculation

Just proves that there is no such thing as compulsory vaccination.

That teacher has exercised his/her democratic right to choose, same rights that the construction workers have.

this.

they dont strap citizens to a concrete bench and inject them.

the choice is get vaccinated to participate, just like a birth certificate and a tax file number.

as a morbidly funny aside, my wife went armed with her dads death certificate to a beauracracy, to be told it had expired.

'what, you mean my dads alive?' Mrs EZ asked, with the perfect amount of sarcastic exitement and anticipation.

freedom only really exists pre-birth and post- death. Even then it can expire.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
And the biggest hurdle is overcoming the bias these right wing groups have against our scientific community and mainstream media.

In the case of the anti-vaxxer, I'm not sure they are just right wing groups. There are nut jobs on both sides and enough vulnerable people from both sides who have followed them.

Reactions: 3 users
Attempting to mandate vaccinations for MPs is just asking for martyrs which will only further inflame tensions.
What happens when the Vic version of Craig Kelly or George Christensen says they are getting vaccinated? Do they, as elected members, get kicked out? do we have by-elections? And what do you think all the anti-vax supported will do then?
It is just asking for further trouble at a time it is not needed.

And why should health workers be made to? Public health.
Why doesnt the same apply to other sectors where it is in the interests of public health?
Parliament needs to be fully open. If you aren’t vaccinated you can’t attend and therefore vote. No pairs for those idiots. Why would anyone be against having a transparent parliament operating? They won’t quit they love the taxpayers money too much.

I’m pro vaccination as you would know. I think the CBD needs to be opened up and what a great way to get the city opened by having public servants in the CBD setting the example. Great for the economy, good for public trust.

so they were happy to be vaccinated at their leisure, but have instead quit the industry because they have been told to do it quickly?
I guess.

Only what ive heard on grapevine this morning.
Maybe she wasn't/doesn't want it after all! (Female about 50...25 years of teaching)

I was under the impression the last 4 workers at the school were going to get it in Oct/Nov/Dec (now have to in next 3 weeks).

Were they any good at teaching bunnerz?
I presume not since they have failed Intelligence Test 101. Just shake my head in disbelief someone could be so stupid as to give up their job because they won't get a jab. Personal freedoms have to take a back seat when community freedoms of keeping out of hospital have a higher priority.

Reactions: 1 users
The arguments run by anti-vaxxers seriously do my head in. I just can't fathom how anyone can have those line of thoughts.

Reactions: 6 users
And thus the perpetual arguments continue about to be or not to be vaxed.
Both think they are right and no different to you even with your steroetyping of those that dont want to get vaxed "* conned into doing by nutter on the internet"
The wheels on the bus go round and round.

Vaccines and public health are based on science, anti-vax is based on what?

They ain't the same Al. If I have a heart condition I'll go to coronary surgeon, not consult with other no-nothing idiots on facebook.

Reactions: 2 users
Parliament needs to be fully open. If you aren’t vaccinated you can’t attend and therefore vote. No pairs for those idiots. Why would anyone be against having a transparent parliament operating? They won’t quit they love the taxpayers money too much.
I dont disagree with the theory, but the reality of locking democratically elected MPs out of the decision making process, no matter how dumb they and the people who vote for them are, is not going to help the current situation.

In the case of the anti-vaxxer, I'm not sure they are just right wing groups. There are nut jobs on both sides and enough vulnerable people from both sides who have followed them.

That's true, nutters on both sides, and I'm sure some reasonable and just misguided people.

I think the alt-Right movement (if you can call it that) are leveraging the hell out of this though.

Vaccines and public health are based on science, anti-vax is based on what?

They ain't the same Al. If I have a heart condition I'll go to coronary surgeon, not consult with other no-nothing idiots on facebook.
Ive said this before, but a big problem we have in this world are dumb people who think they are smart.
many of those opposing vaccination will think their knowledge is as worthy as the knowledge of a vaccine scientist.

Reactions: 4 users
I can't understand why they sang horses on the West Gate Bridge. If they want to sing a Ricky Lee Jones song, Chuck-Es in love is far superior

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I presume not since they have failed Intelligence Test 101. Just shake my head in disbelief someone could be so stupid as to give up their job because they won't get a jab.

heaps of anti-vaxxers would have unresolved/undiagnosed mental conditions.

plenty would lead pretty dysfunctional/disaffected lives,

and use an anti-vax excuse.

its kind of easier to say 'i quit, because i wont be coerced by the govt.'

than 'I quit because im a useless, failed teacher who is scared of kids. I never even wanted to be a teacher, i just got a crap HSC score. But i have lots of friend on facebook so ill be a tiny internet freedom fighter hero and validate myself a tiny bit, and get a short squirt of seratonin and smile for the first time in 20 years?'

Pulled from a friend on Facebook:
1632358089125.png

You cant make this stuff up what people are thinking, yeah it was the cops fault you all ended up at the Shrine, and one of the blokes on the Facebook Live sprouting Covid is a Myth.

• Haha
heaps of anti-vaxxers would have unresolved/undiagnosed mental conditions.

plenty would lead pretty dysfunctional/disaffected lives,

and use an anti-vax excuse.

its kind of easier to say 'i quit, because i wont be coerced by the govt.'

than 'I quit because im a useless, failed teacher who is scared of kids. I never even wanted to be a teacher, i just got a crap HSC score. But i have lots of friend on facebook so ill be a tiny internet freedom fighter hero and validate myself a tiny bit, and get a short squirt of seratonin and smile for the first time in 20 years?'
Quite possible. Suspect the nut job, unemployed drug addled ahole that lives over the fence from me is one of those people and has been at these “protests” the last 2 days.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user