Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Trying to find a Fed Govt response to the protests. Along the lines of "they are lucky we don't use bullets on them" or something like that. Or is that response only for peaceful protests?

oh they wont miss a chance to union bash and divide and rule

We saw protests from the same pack in NSW. Don't kid yourself. There's scum everywhere.
I'm not kidding myself; I am well aware of that. But the level of vitriol, thuggery, savagery and violence on display in Melbourne this week is greater than anything I can recall. And it is likely to continue today.

I recall the late 80s and early 90s under Cain & Kirner. The rust belt state. The last days of the BLF and the terrible strikes by the Tram, Bus & Rail union. I think this uglier.

Reactions: 1 user
Melbourne changed slowly over the last 30 or more years, as has much of the modern world.
People's behaviour has altered.
It is the consequence of a free, easy and safe lifestyle, with privileges and wealth our predecessors dreamed of.
People here are not the nice, kind and generous ones our parents knew.
Melbournians now have an ugly fault.
It is called ..self entitlement.
So true.
So many times voted ‘ the most liveable city in the world’ to what we are seeing now is of major concern.

Has to start with our kids now to guide them, teach them, talk to them, educate them that they have an opportunity in the future to change the narrative.

Humans....

Is that why we won most livable city in the world several years running?

I've lived in plenty of other places. Some Victorians have no idea how great this city is.
That’s a complete and utter bull *smile* ranking that draws derision every year eg how can we be one of the highest debt to income cities in the world fuelled by insane property prices, and then be one of the most liveable cities? Laughable. Traffic ? Crime ? Earthquakes !!!

It was a great city. It still can be a great city. But it aint anything that it used to be.

Melbourne’s been in the decline, badly, for about 12-15 years now. It’s crime riddled, congested and stifled, angry, selfish… bogans everywhere. It’s a city where people are constantly trying to get away with something. Constantly.

Its the whole english speaking western world. With perhaps 1 exception.

Yeah, I don't get the religious exemption at all, have some knowledge of various religions but brought up an atheist so no direct experience.

I see a few house renos around here and not a mask in sight :rolleyes:

DS
This claim about not altering the blood with a vaccine is another example of religious belief not backed up by modern scientific knowledge. Our blood cells die off and get renewed every four months!! And our whole body about every 7 years.

That’s a complete and utter bull *smile* ranking that draws derision every year eg how can we be one of the highest debt to income cities in the world fuelled by insane property prices, and then be one of the most liveable cities? Laughable. Traffic ? Crime ? Earthquakes !!!

It was a great city. It still can be a great city. But it aint anything that it used to be.
Because everything is relative.
Edit: The earthquake ffs.:LOL:

I'm not kidding myself; I am well aware of that. But the level of vitriol, thuggery, savagery and violence on display in Melbourne this week is greater than anything I can recall. And it is likely to continue today.

I recall the late 80s and early 90s under Cain & Kirner. The rust belt state. The last days of the BLF and the terrible strikes by the Tram, Bus & Rail union. I think this uglier.

cronulla?

Reactions: 3 users
Not saying you Red but too many people rubbish Australia. Much of it is from a very limited, insular perspective.
It’s great - better than most - but not without a lot of problems. Plenty of places are the equal, at least. I’d work and live in at least a dozen or more in a heartbeat if I could get a job/work permit there.