Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

If you scratch deep enough there's that element everywhere. Wait until the virus sweeps through sunny unnvaccinated Queensland and they start to mandate.

Anyone with a fairly normal disposition who has spent any period of tme there could prosecute a case that the gold coast has the highest density of *smile* in Australia.

Reactions: 1 users
That's religion in a nutshell though. By definition religious belief can't be backed by scientific knowledge
Rash generalisation Baloo, there are only some religions with some old beliefs that don't fit with our current knowledge.

Reactions: 1 user
Rash generalisation Baloo, there are only some religions with some old beliefs that don't fit with our current knowledge.
The concept of a higher power, a god, is not backed by scientific knowledge. The core belief of any religion is that there is a higher power, a god.

Australia, and especially Victoria has definitely become an over-regulated/governed place. (i.e. nanny state). There are heaps of examples but simple things like illogical 40km road speed limits when 70km would be more appropriate, and having to fence pools with a Fort Knox style fence just remove any personal responsibility.

But I would imagine it is still a better place to live than the majority of the world although I am not in a position to know definitively. PREnders living OS such as @23.21.159 , @Baloo etc , or who have lived OS might be better placed to comment.

Not saying you Red but too many people rubbish Australia. Much of it is from a very limited, insular perspective.
Absolutely. I've been all over the world and I can say Australia is my favourite place for variety, affordability, food, arts, sports, nature, limited crime, health system. The majority of us can do pretty much whatever we want (well outside the pandemic that is). The majority in Europe live in cramped flats they don't even own. A house? What's that?Many can't afford to put meat on the table, once a week if lucky and the quality?

No place is perfect, all have strengths and weaknesses, but Australia (for the majority) is indeed the lucky country.

That's religion in a nutshell though. By definition religious belief can't be backed by scientific knowledge

tumblr_pxes33WSwi1srzxe7o1_500.jpg

As for the attitudes which lead to demonstrations like yesterday, it isn't just Howard and his cronies, it is neo-liberalism and its creed of extreme individualism which attempts to make everything into some sort economic relation. Just to give one example, we no longer have debates over ideology, we now have a "marketplace" of ideas (hint - ideas are not something you buy and sell in a market), It undermines community and democracy and does so deliberately. The idea is to move everything out of the political realm and make all relationships transactional. This is the dystopia neo-liberalism wants to create.

Numbers up again in Vic today, not good but hopefully closing down construction will help. NSW over 1,000 again today.

Only way out of this is vaccinations. I simply cannot believe there are people who demonstrate against getting vaccinated, earlier generations would dream of having vaccines. What next, are they going to demonstrate against antibiotics?

DS

I think it was wishful thinking that Vic had topped out. With the recent public marches and pending opening up, can't see a slowing in case numbers In Vic, even with the increased vaccination numbers.
1632274023884.png

cronulla?
The irony of Cronulla. The western Sydney Lebs and the neo-nazi sympathiser far right nutters, who were itching for a street war with each other around the Cronulla confrontations and riots in the early 2000s. They were rioting arm in arm at Sydney anti-lockdown/anti-vax protests a month or so back, as strange bedfellows.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hows how every flouro is holding their phone up?

if i was inclined to attend riots, with the authorities armed with grenades that eject squash balls, faster than brett lee can bowl, at testicle height,

i wouldnt have a hand on my phone

i guess im just not cut out to be an alt-insta hero live?

It’s great - better than most - but not without a lot of problems. Plenty of places are the equal, at least. I’d work and live in at least a dozen or more in a heartbeat if I could get a job/work permit there.
But you haven't lived in one of these places for a prolonged period of time? I'm sure living in these places you would enevitably find things to whinge about. No city is perfect. Sometimes you've got to take the good with the bad and get on with it.

But you haven't lived in one of these places for a prolonged period of time? I'm sure living in these places you would enevitably find things to whinge about. No city is perfect. Sometimes you've got to take the good with the bad and get on with it.
No. I’ve lived in some of them. I was born overseas whilst my parents were on holiday so I’ve got dual nationality and working capacity in a host of countries.

Every first world country thinks their country is the best.

The irony of Cronulla. The western Sydney Lebs and the neo-nazi sympathiser far right nutters, who were itching for a street war with each other around the Cronulla confrontations and riots in the early 2000s. They were rioting arm in arm at Sydney anti-lockdown/anti-vax protests a month or so back, as strange bedfellows.
I’ll never forget that time. I had an ex special forces guy working for me then who was a closet racist nutter. He asked for a few days off with no notice when the riots started and told me he wanted to go up to Sydney to “ bash a Lebo”

• Haha
police taking some extreme measures here from what im seeing.
Nothing extreme about preventing another riot. Looks like its been a bit of a flop, compared to yesterday at least.
Yep starting an earthquake to keep everyone home and/or thinking about something else could be thought of as a touch extreme. But seems to have done the job. ;)

• Haha