Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

October 18 is really is gonna be a massive kick in the guts to Victorians. NSW stuffed up their COVID response back in June. Spread COVID here. Stole all the vaccines and open up before us. And knowing them, they will rub it in our faces.

Sure, cases will explode. But that only increases the chances of it spreading to the other states (if it hasn’t already done so by then).
Don't worry Morrison will see Victoria's exploding numbers today & send additional vaccines our way. After all it's a 'National' Emergency. :cautious:

Based on the below NSW will be more than 80% vaccinated by the time they open on the 18th October. If we follow suit we would be open for Derby day races and Melbourne cup. Do we give it 2 weeks, a month after we hit 80%? I can see us open fully before Christmas, but It’s very difficult to know if we will hit peak ICU in October or after we open up.

Based on the below NSW will be more than 80% vaccinated by the time they open on the 18th October.

Of 16yo and over. That's about a 55% vaccination rate of the overall population.

The blame for AZ's failure definitely has to be shared. Whilst some have taken aim at the Qld CHO & Andrews for undermining the vaccine, they tend to forget that Greg Hunt said publicly that if people were uncertain about taking AZ (after news of blood clotting) that they could wait until the end of the year when Pfizer was available. Many people in the older age groups took that advice.
The selling of AZ as a viable vaccine without alternatives available, (Pfizer or other) has been nothing short of a disaster.
Norman Swann is the villian here as he spoke as a person of authority on the subject and effectively *smile*-canned AZ.

Reactions: 2 users
Based on the below NSW will be more than 80% vaccinated by the time they open on the 18th October. If we follow suit we would be open for Derby day races and Melbourne cup. Do we give it 2 weeks, a month after we hit 80%? I can see us open fully before Christmas, but It’s very difficult to know if we will hit peak ICU in October or after we open up.

That’s a little bit encouraging. I'm pretty sure NSW were 15 days ahead of us last week, now its 11 days. lets hope that gap keeps closing.

However, VIC will not open up and let it rip once we achieve 80%. It will be a much slower, careful and targeted opening up. And Morrison will try to gain political milage out of it…

Of 16yo and over. That's about a 55% vaccination rate of the overall population.
Yeah but we can only now talk in numbers of vaccinations as a percentage of the population over 12 years old. No jurisdiction in the world has approved vaccination for anyone under the age of 12.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah but we can only now talk in numbers of vaccinations as a percentage of the population over 12 years old. No jurisdiction in the world has approved vaccination for anyone under the age of 12.
No, they haven't but the stats posted by MB show 16+, not even 12+

But the 80% number globally is normally of total population. That transparency should be in the stats.
% Vaccinated Total Population
% Vaccinated 12yo and over
% Vaccinated 16yo and over

If you're going to start opening up before 80% total, then make sure everyone is aware and the potential consequences.

Then again, if there's an election coming up soon, massage the message to your advantage.

Yes but the goal is to get more than 80% eligible population vaccinated. It would be well into next year getting kids vaccinated. And I doubt that the whole population will ever get to 80% as parents in a lot of cases won’t get the kids vaccinated.

Interesting

Covidlive has NSW at 70% double vaxxed on the 18th. 80% on 1st November.

Norman Swann is the villian here as he spoke as a person of authority on the subject and effectively *smile*-canned AZ.
He was one of the most vocal in the media but certainly not alone in voicing concerns about blood clotting in AZ.
Don't forget several European countries halted the AZ vaccine rollout given the data at the time.
It's still not authorised for use in the US.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes but the goal is to get more than 80% eligible population vaccinated. It would be well into next year getting kids vaccinated. And I doubt that the whole population will ever get to 80% as parents in a lot of cases won’t get the kids vaccinated.

The Tassie premier said last weekend that he won't open until the country reaches 90%. And he wants the eligibility changed from 16 and up to 12 and up. I can’t see any reason why it can’t be changed to 12 and up.

this is an interesting chart from the COVID Base website. If you change the eligibility from 16 and up to 12 and up, you're lookng at an extra 6-8 days before reaching 80%

TODAY.jpg

Interesting

Covidlive has NSW at 70% double vaxxed on the 18th. 80% on 1st November.

COVID Live base their vaccination projections on the 7 day average. This is inaccurate because the vaccination rates are ever increasing.

Although TBF, i don't know how COVID Base calculate their vaccination projections. I'm guessing its some type of algorithm. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Last edited:

He must have changed his tune as in the last few months he's been saying the best vaccine is the one you can get right now, whether that's AZ or Pfizer.

I don't believe he "*smile*-canned" it either. He would have presented the evidence known at the time, that's how he operates.

Reactions: 2 users
He was one of the most vocal in the media but certainly not alone in voicing concerns about blood clotting in AZ.
Don't forget several European countries halted the AZ vaccine rollout given the data at the time.
Spot on ToO, halted the vax up for about 6 wks. Caused a lot of issues and the affect ripple down the track 3 mths on after revised view to AZ.
saying that, Feds made errors in not having a 2nd option Vax for a country this size.

So NSW are 13% ahead of VIC in first doses given, 75% to 62%, pretty substantial!

I did find this story where he admits he went too hard on AZ clotting early days, something he no doubt regrets now.