Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Only explanation us Victorians or too many of us became too complacent and self centered and disregarded many of the measures needed to keep us safe..
Apathy can also be found in our pathetic testing numbers.
On vaccination it could well be that the GP and Pharmacy network in NSW is way better than VIC?, how else do you explain it, not sure supply favouritism is the sole reason
Remember also that NSW testing numbers include the tests that workers from the worst LGAs do every 3 days as monitoring. That’s a fair whack of their daily numbers.

Reactions: 3 users
Speaking about that looney prick Craig Kelly, I was so angry that a guy like this, (under the guise of political party), can get hold of citizens mobile numbers and bombard them with unsolicited propaganda. A day or two ago i received an SMS from him about an 'adverse vaccine side effects report'
Anyone else get it as he obviously sent it out on mass to continue his scare mongering and anti vaxxing agenda.
As I said i were livid to receive it.
Evidently it is legal for him to get access to our numbers.
I also got a text message last Friday from Michael O’Brien’s office (ironically) which asked what the Libs could do in my area? I said “ stop being the party of carping naysayers and actually engage constructively” . Amazingly I got a reply which said” Thankyou for your feedback we will take it into account in our messaging style”.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I also got a text message last Friday from Michael O’Brien’s office (ironically) which asked what the Libs could do in my area? I said “ stop being the party of carping naysayers and actually engage constructively” . Amazingly I got a reply which said” Thankyou for your feedback we will take it into account in our messaging style”.
It was probably from O' Brian himself

Reactions: 1 user

O'Brien probably thought it was really positive. Was probably like, thats the 1st text I've got without calling me a wanker or asking who I was

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Starting to get really angry now at rigid restrictions in Vic.
Am double vaxed and for a total of 7 months have done everything correctly.
Live 60 ks from CBD and no cases here for a year.
Currently zero benefit for those of us who have been model citizens.
Lumped in with the people who have refused vax and those who have refused to comply.
Cannot see family 1 k away or family in rural Vic.
It is long past time for Vic govt to reward those who are vaccinated and live in zero Covid LGAs.
Geelong and Shepparton with covid cases will be released before us.
Although NSW has had many cases, as Ian shows, our rising numbers are greater than theirs, point being, it appears selective LGA restrictions are just as effective as a total city and surrounds lockdown.
Or should I say...just as ineffective.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Quite interesting if you have been locked out of state Victoria and in NSW and unable to get home.
One of the criteria to get back into the state and get home..... need 1 dose of the vaccine.
Pathetic. So u dont get a jab, u are not allowed back into the state!
thats F*$^%d sorry. Pro vax or not. When its not mandatory to get one.

Last edited:
Not sure what capacity is. The point of the lockdowns is we don’t find out. So what would you do here with these rule breaches?
Fine them the same as Bartel, the anti vax rallies etc.
But like so many transgressions (for example drug dealing) the ones caught for covid breaches would be the tip of the iceberg.

Currently zero benefit for those of us who gave been model citizens.
Lumped in with the people who have refused vax and those who have refused to comply.
It is long past time for Vic govt to reward those who are vaccinated and live in zero Covid LGAs.
Although NSW has had many cases, as Ian shows, our rising numbers are greater than theirs, point being, it appears selective LGA restrictions are just as effective as a total city and surrounds lockdown.
I fully understand this frustration. There needs to be more allowances for gatherings outside and in public. I fail to see how that would be a huge risk.

Also with the easing of restrictions in regional Victoria. Most pubs and restaurants won’t be opening. Only 10 people allowed inside and 20 outside.

A local pub that is my favourite posted they aren’t able to open as it won’t be viable. The frustration for them and the community is that this pub has function rooms by 2, a restaurant and the main bar. It would be licensed for over 400 people. Yet they can only have 10 people. Under strict density requirements a place that could hold 400 was able to get about 100 in the last lockdown. It just doesn’t seem right.
Meanwhile beauty salons, hairdresser etc are open and those businesses can’t socially distance.

The health advice needs to released.

Remember also that NSW testing numbers include the tests that workers from the worst LGAs do every 3 days as monitoring. That’s a fair whack of their daily numbers.
Obviously Vic does not see any value in mandatory worker testing given all we learnt from our experience last year.

Because it would be the government taking a crap on young people. Again.

Which is also why they'll do it.

Grand Final Day will be a big test of commitment to stay at home rules.
Did it last year but compliance fatigue and climbing vax rates are factors this year.

@tigerman - Norman Swan said something a few months back about Pfizer approaching Australia and asking us how many doses of vaccine we wanted. Instead of Greg Hunt being involved in the negotiations, they sent a more junior staff team who haggled with Pfizer over the price. The article you posted suggests he was on the money.

If you listen from the 4:20 mark it gets discussed.

The federal government were probably concerned at the time that Job Keeper was costing billions, and that Pfizer was much more expensive per dose (not 100% sure if correct, but I've gathered AZ is $4/dose vs Pfizer at $40/dose). But once again, its typical Morrison government lack of foresight - Surely it wasn't that hard to see the possibility of on-selling any vaccines we didn't require to our neighbors? Instead we went the cheap route with AZ and skimped on the Pfizer and now here we are.
I think also they were allowed to manufacture AZ here but not Phizer. with billions of $ spent to support via job keeper, they had seen how UK had gone with AZ and decided on that. (what I had been able to piece togerther the last time this very same issue popped up). During those 6 weeks when AZ was getting bad rap with the blood clots. But in saying that they shouldve put an order in as a secondary option.

They take the biggest crap on regional Victoria.

If you are lucky enough to get a table at one of the few restaurants, cafes and pubs that may open after the current restrictions ease. You can only remove your mask for food and not non alcoholic drinks. How is one supposed to have a few beers while they wait on their meal?

They take the biggest crap on regional Victoria.

If you are lucky enough to get a table at one of the few restaurants, cafes and pubs that may open after the current restrictions ease. You can only remove your mask for food and not non alcoholic drinks. How is one supposed to have a few beers while they wait on their meal?
I'm sorry, but I can't help feeling a bit 'boo hoo' for regional Victorians. They've had lockdown lite for all of last year. It sucks this year, yeah, but we saw in Shep why it's happened.

I really can't dredge up any sympathy for it being difficult to find a table at a pub.

I don't think it is an insult or problem for the young.
Vic govt was not responsible for vaccine issues.
Let everyone out as they get two doses, bit by bit.
Yes the young will have to wait a few more weeks, that's all. Pfizer is very available now, so everyone can be double
vaxed in four weeks.
It's time...as the saying goes.
I don't care that some will try to cheat the rules, that's their problem.
Time to get on with it now for those who have done what was asked of them.

I'm sorry, but I can't help feeling a bit 'boo hoo' for regional Victorians. They've had lockdown lite for all of last year. It sucks this year, yeah, but we saw in Shep why it's happened.

I really can't dredge up any sympathy for it being difficult to find a table at a pub.
Fair enough I think many from Melbourne would feel this way. But I think there needs to more compassion and consideration for the risks that each situation presents. What happened in Shep could happen at anytime and the travel restrictions and lock down are being used to manage this. This is what needs to happen going forward.

I can’t help but feel if most regional Victorian seats where ALP we wouldn’t treated this way. It took internal polling regarding the playgrounds for the health advice to suddenly change and have them opened back up.

I do get the frustration in Melbourne. But it’s starting to become time with higher vaccination rates in regional Victoria, less density etc that the Government start seeing what they can and can’t do with living with Covid. Use regional Victoria as learning experience.

October 18 NSW going to open back up.

• Angry
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Are you on the peninsula?