Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Speaking about that looney prick Craig Kelly, I was so angry that a guy like this, (under the guise of political party), can get hold of citizens mobile numbers and bombard them with unsolicited propaganda. A day or two ago i received an SMS from him about an 'adverse vaccine side effects report'
Anyone else get it as he obviously sent it out on mass to continue his scare mongering and anti vaxxing agenda.
As I said i were livid to receive it.
Yep I got it twice. I actually assumed it was a scam.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Do you actually care whether you get your jab from what you call a "federal" GP but I call my local doctor or from a state govt contractor.?

No, but I do care if people can't get it from their local GP in Melbourne, but people in Sydney can get it from their local GP, because they are getting more doses than the other states.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
From the Herald Sun apparently (I don't subscribe to it).

1631061896456.png

You can see why NSW are able to plan a Freedom Day now

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users
On another note another QLD treating people unfairly or poorly. This time our ADF soldiers wanting to came back from Kabul poorly.

After leaving Kabul, stuck in another city (forget where) Dubai??, the ADF had lodged the paperwork a while ago to come back into QLD. Before the AFL, NRL the family & wags and other sporting codes. Those sporting codes got their exemption yet still failed to "action" the ADF paperwork.
Soldiers stuck sleeping on tarmac, some many days without showering just waiting for QLD to "action" the paperwork.
Well a mother of one of the soldiers cracked it and took it to the media. They investigated the claims and it was all true. When the reporter sort an explanation, 1 hr later the QLD govt "Actioned" the paperwork and they were approved to come back in.

I just shake my head in disbelief

Apparently the News Ltd piece is deliberately misleading. The word "arranging" should be replaced by "negotiating". News Ltd is head shakingly bad.

Being an ADF person who is stranded, you'd think that Dutton would arrange for him to get back to Australia asap, even if it's not Qld, to at least get him away from sleeping on a tarmac

My father hated BA Santamaria. When his TV segment "point of view" came on he would curse him in disgust and turn the sound off. Such is the nature of the history of Australian politics that such a socially conservative PM was close to an offshoot of the ALP in his formative years
Most social democratic parties and movements have a history of socially conservative elements and factions. It’s not unique to Australia.

People who are right of centre socio-culturally, but left of centre on elements of economics and the distribution of wealth.

It’s in recent times that these types of people have been purged from these parties and don’t really have a natural home in any of the major political tents in the current day.

I tend to be one of these people. Albeit I would say a more moderate form of this viewpoint than the likes of Santamaria. Hence I really struggle to place my vote. I didn’t have a Catholic upbringing. But was partly raised by grandparents who were from depression era rural poor upbringings. So often found I had a different outlook on life to many of my peers. And we are obviously a product of our upbringing and influences within that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
From the Herald Sun apparently (I don't subscribe to it).

View attachment 13367

You can see why NSW are able to plan a Freedom Day now
Yeah in an 8 week period NSW got more than double the doses provided to Victoria. Most of that difference was distributed by the Feds to GPs and most of it would have been Pfizer for the younger age groups. No wonder Gladys is gloating about winning the vax race :rolleyes: It's worth noting Victoria was in lockdown for most of this period; a lockdown caused by the incompetence of the NSW authorities. This is a disgraceful situation.

Reactions: 5 users
220 In ICU nationally today. How close to capacity?

Just as an aside individual Jews in Melbourne have a good track record in donating money to build whole hospital wings.
Not sure what capacity is. The point of the lockdowns is we don’t find out. So what would you do here with these rule breaches?

Apparently the News Ltd piece is deliberately misleading. The word "arranging" should be replaced by "negotiating". News Ltd is head shakingly bad.

Being an ADF person who is stranded, you'd think that Dutton would arrange for him to get back to Australia asap, even if it's not Qld, to at least get him away from sleeping on a tarmac
Hadnt read or seen news article just brought up last night on tv.

Request was put fwd to Qld govt but wags & sportsman are a higher priority to them. Utter bs again from them. No matter which way it might be twisted, angled on it being reported, what some1 shouldve done,( u mention Dutton) its still a disgrace. We dont know about other capacities in other areas to take troops back. Their request was in b4 the others and Qld shldve actioned it

Edit: the reporter who was doing the investigation gave timeframe. Once he called 6.10pm they then got back around 7.30?? To say actioned and approved. He was researching story to put it out

Last edited:
In some positive news it seems more Pfizer is becoming available through GPs in Melbourne. My son turns 16 next week and I had him booked in at the GP for his first Pfizer shot on 11th October. They called us yesterday and said they can get him in on the 20th September.

Great news.

Reactions: 5 users
did you ask you cousin why he isnt getting the AZ now and instead choosing to wait months? and is he aware that everyone taking that attitude increases the likelihood of the outbreak spreading to his area?
chances are too if the outbreak does spread there will be higher demand for AZ so he may have to wait, putting himself and his family at unnecessary risk.
I can only guess, I suppose he’s just one of those who doesn’t rock the boat. Doesn’t see himself as anymore important than anyone else. And will just wait his turn in the mainstream booking system alongside everyone else. I wouldn’t have thought anything more complex than that in his thinking. He has said at present though he and his family hardly leave home. So they do take the risks and lockdown compliance seriously. Certainly not of the resistant anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist mindset.

VIC 14 day average is 145.1
NSW 14 day average at day 35 was 83.6

VIC hit 200 daily cases on day 30.
NSW hit 200 daily cases on day 43.

VIC total cases since day 1 is 23,650
NSW total cases since day 1 is 37,347

Yeah in an 8 week period NSW got more than double the doses provided to Victoria. Most of that difference was distributed by the Feds to GPs and most of it would have been Pfizer for the younger age groups. No wonder Gladys is gloating about winning the vax race :rolleyes: It's worth noting Victoria was in lockdown for most of this period; a lockdown caused by the incompetence of the NSW authorities. This is a disgraceful situation.

It’s so deflating and upsetting.

In recent weeks, I have often been pondering about the old sliding doors scenario… where would we be had Shorten won in May 2019? Probably not in lockdown today would be my assumption.

Last edited:
In some positive news it seems more Pfizer is becoming available through GPs in Melbourne. My son turns 16 next week and I had him booked in at the GP for his first Pfizer shot on 11th October. They called us yesterday and said they can get him in on the 20th September.

Great news.
Yep great news. Last unvaxed child booked in this week for Phizer as AZ was not recommended for her.
Rapt too

Reactions: 1 user
VIC 14 day average is 145.1
NSW 14 day average at day 35 was 83.6

VIC hit 200 daily cases on day 30.
NSW hit 200 daily cases on day 43.

VIC total cases since day 1 is 23,650
NSW total cases since day 1 is 37,347

It’s so deflating and upsetting.

In recent weeks, I have often been pondering about the old sliding doors scenario… where would we be had Shorten won in May 2019? Probably not in lockdown today would be my assumption.
So why did the tried and true Vic style snap lockdown prove less effective than NSW non lockdown?
Maybe it all boils down to the comparable vax rates at Day 1 of each outbreak?
But on my reckoning Day 1 is when local cases reach 10:
NSW 23 June and total does then 1,975,000 v Vic 15 July with 2,713,000 (and if you believe we beat the virus on 4 Aug as you seem to do by quoting today as day 35 then the rate was 3,463,000, pro rata near double NSW)

So NSW started the outbreak with a far lower base of vaccinations and a slacker lockdown but success seems more elusive in Vic.

Any medical explanation?

[looking at NSW things really took off about day 40, maybe we will avoid that now with the vax rates and our still more stringent lockdowns]

If we can continue to manufacture large quantities of AZ and other Covid vaccines for our neighbours, that would be a great way to help them and continue our strategic influence in the region.

Reactions: 4 users
Most socially conservative people I knew personally were both SDAI union officials. ALP to their core otherwise.
Were they one of the Unions the DLP took with them in the split years 22nd?

From my reading on the history of the split, some unions went with the DLP and were brought back into the ALP tent during the Hawke years, when he offered them some olive branches.

Most social democratic parties and movements have a history of socially conservative elements and factions. It’s not unique to Australia.

People who are right of centre socio-culturally, but left of centre on elements of economics and the distribution of wealth.

It’s in recent times that these types of people have been purged from these parties and don’t really have a natural home in any of the major political tents in the current day.

I tend to be one of these people. Albeit I would say a more moderate form of this viewpoint than the likes of Santamaria. Hence I really struggle to place my vote. I didn’t have a Catholic upbringing. But was partly raised by grandparents who were from depression era rural poor upbringings. So often found I had a different outlook on life to many of my peers. And we are obviously a product of our upbringing and influences within that.
yes good post. I also have issues with how to vote and have for many years.

The other side of course is that if you go back to the founder of the Australian Liberal party in Robert Menzies, he was actually a great supporter of trade unionism. Not necessarily what it morphed into but worker representation itself.