Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

My unde

i think before we get to think we are too generous it should be noted that I believe a lot of the donated stocks of AZ were in danger of being over recommended shelf life and they needed to be used. Certainly that was the case of vaccines we have given around the pacific islands and PNG.

What all rich countries should be doing is supporting COVAX which involves UNICEF, WHO and others and is vaccinating about 20% of the worlds population. We may well be doing that, I don’t really know.

Apart from the humanistic reasons to do it the very practical reason is that we will never be totally able to live as we did unless vaccination is world wide
Ok. I was not aware.
Agree.
and add but if we can not use it within its shelf life we should donate it as long as the other country can use it before the shelf life expires.

No different now countries begining to make deals of their vaccines they cant be used but others can. Eg In Aust deal done with Poland & UK.

I posted this one about 2 weeks ago.

I got it wrong. Scomo is already trumpeting his on "success". In September this year, not next February next year.

From The ABC, his actual words, rather than my sarcastic comments, this time:

Earlier, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said NSW's greater share of vaccines had not come at the cost of other states.

"The argument was being put forward that NSW should take doses from other states. Well, I'll tell you who said no to that, it was me," Mr Morrison told Sky News.

"I wasn't going to have doses moved from other states to NSW. I went out and got more doses, from Poland."

6 months too late, mate...

And with the benefit of proofreading the original post, "one" could possibly be spelt "won".
Do you actually care whether you get your jab from what you call a "federal" GP but I call my local doctor or from a state govt contractor.?

Great to hear as I hadnt seen anything on that. Had mentioned it too but had prefered there was no political spin on it. Just do it.
If that is the case, they got that part right! Well done and credit due on that part.

thanks for the info!
What spin is in saying we have provided aid to another nation? We do it when there are natural disasters.

Reactions: 1 user
On another note another QLD treating people unfairly or poorly. This time our ADF soldiers wanting to came back from Kabul poorly.

After leaving Kabul, stuck in another city (forget where) Dubai??, the ADF had lodged the paperwork a while ago to come back into QLD. Before the AFL, NRL the family & wags and other sporting codes. Those sporting codes got their exemption yet still failed to "action" the ADF paperwork.
Soldiers stuck sleeping on tarmac, some many days without showering just waiting for QLD to "action" the paperwork.
Well a mother of one of the soldiers cracked it and took it to the media. They investigated the claims and it was all true. When the reporter sort an explanation, 1 hr later the QLD govt "Actioned" the paperwork and they were approved to come back in.

I just shake my head in disbelief
It not about the virus it's about public perception and votes. Soldiers who made us proud don't get the popular vote in QLD, but having NRL finals in QLD shows to the public look how good we are. 2 year old child can't reunite with family, people can't see dying family yet NRL / AFL do as they please and fly in.

Reactions: 1 users
Reality check: There's still no compelling evidence for ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19

Yet many anti vaxxers have promoted this. Happy to take a tablet that they have no idea what's in, but not a vaccination. Beggars belief

After all we will be needing these tax so we can pay for extra ICU beds. I think this would be one of many unfortunately that would be doing this crap.
220 In ICU nationally today. How close to capacity?

Just as an aside individual Jews in Melbourne have a good track record in donating money to build whole hospital wings.

Pretty sure we can produce more than our demand. Despite everything happening there's still people holding out for Pfizer. We might as well keep producing at full capacity and shipping our unwanted supplies to our neighbours than are in desperate need.

As an aside, Victoria does have the highest AZ Vaccination rate in the country.
Think CSL can make 1mill AZ a week.. That's enough for all of Oceania.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
As for the fiasco that is the deliberate favouring of NSW, it gets even worse when Gulag Gladys talks about how they will open up international borders so those in NSW can travel overseas whether the rest of the country is vaccinated and state borders open or not. What a cheek, you open up to international travel because you have been favoured? Yeah, f*** off.

The favouritism is even more obvious when you see how so many more Victorians have been vaccinated with AZ, yet we are still behind the total vaccination rate of NSW - that can mean only one thing - NSW has had way more doses of Pfizer per person than any other state. The risk is very small of complications with AZ, but it gets larger if you are younger, but young Victorians have to make that decision, while NSW takes so much of the Pfizer which is relatively safer than AZ for younger people.

DS

It gets worse. There are rumours circulating that NSW are planning a “Freedom Day” on October 14, in what would be a massive middle finger to the other states (especially VIC, the ACT and NZ).

I can’t speak for others, but if we are still in lockdown while they are celebrating their “freedom” with thanks to receiving unauthorised extra doses… and then shoving it in our faces. I’m not sure how I’ll be able to control my anger.

Also, Socceroos v Oman world cup qualifier on October 7 will be played at Bankwest Stadium in Sydney with crowds (they have to prove they are fully vaccinated). Morrison will be giving Oman and Australian players coming in from overseas exemptions, so they don’t have to do 14 days HQ.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Best part was this part - the Frontline Doctors who promoted Ivermectin turned out to be a front for bogus Ivermectin prescriptions. The founding doctor was arrested in the Capitol Hill insurrection. They've been taking people's money and not even prescribing

This is an important conversation. Crosses many taboo topics. One reality is that there aren’t infinite resources so you can’t save everyone. I didn’t know our $/year of life threshold was $k100 for drugs. Extrapolating says you would spend $8.3m to save a new born who live to Australia’s life expectancy and you are on your own after 83.

Interesting. Reckon this sentence is on the money and applies to many on PRE

most of those triumphantly holding the “lockdown hard” mindset are gainfully employed in jobs that aren’t really impacted.
I am yet to find someone who is vocally hard lockdown, and yet has a small business impacted.

I
Sooooo after Dans dummy spit (I thght too okay say it), anyone update what the responses were from Feds, or just accept Dan version of events based on political views or based on dislike of the other person that it has to be the gospel truth when someone bags them.
Read all the hate just now & thought maybe someone might have noted the response. But no... hahaha.
DAn has said several times "I get on well with the PM" so yesterday he could have said "I rang ScoMo after our father's day lunches and said ScoMo mate what's the deal, Gladys has had a good run, how about us Vic's now?"
If ScoMo had said he had done that and got a knock back then his rant would have been justified and apolitical.

My father hated BA Santamaria. When his TV segment "point of view" came on he would curse him in disgust and turn the sound off. Such is the nature of the history of Australian politics that such a socially conservative PM was close to an offshoot of the ALP in his formative years
Most socially conservative people I knew personally were SDAI union officials. ALP to their core otherwise.

My father hated BA Santamaria. When his TV segment "point of view" came on he would curse him in disgust and turn the sound off. Such is the nature of the history of Australian politics that such a socially conservative PM was close to an offshoot of the ALP in his formative years
Most socially conservative people I knew personally were both SDAI union officials. ALP to their core otherwise.

Most socially conservative people I knew personally were both SDAI union officials. ALP to their core otherwise.

Reality check: There's still no compelling evidence for ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19

Speaking about that looney prick Craig Kelly, I was so angry that a guy like this, (under the guise of political party), can get hold of citizens mobile numbers and bombard them with unsolicited propaganda. A day or two ago i received an SMS from him about an 'adverse vaccine side effects report'
Anyone else get it as he obviously sent it out on mass to continue his scare mongering and anti vaxxing agenda.
As I said i were livid to receive it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users