Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

And where’s the federal Labor Party right now and it’s pressure and exposure and holding Dudmo to account throughout this pandemic - including the inequitable distribution of vaccines to ALL states ?

Albonese and the federal reps of the ALP are to Australia what the Liberal Party and whoever is leading that in Victoria are. Impotent, meaningless, and no cut through what so ever with the constituents.

Reactions: 1 users
And where’s the federal Labor Party right now and it’s pressure and exposure and holding Dudmo to account throughout this pandemic - including the inequitable distribution of vaccines to ALL states ?

Albonese and the federal reps of the ALP are to Australia what the Liberal Party and whoever is leading that in Victoria are. Impotent, meaningless, and no cut through what so ever with the constituents.
i reckon at least Albanese and federal Labor have avoided the whinging O'Brien did. O'Brien just opposed anything Andrews said, which typically doesnt get you far in opposition. (Unless you have major backing from NewsCorp like Abbott did).

A week or so back. I mentioned that with more formalised vaccination 'passport' processes imminent, to facilitate travel across international boundaries, it will be interesting how this plays out in a geopolitical context. It is likely that some countries will recognise certain vaccines as valid and not others (in fact this is already happening). Which potentially is an avenue for renewed geopolitical tensions. It's possible that you may end up with one block of countries (the China & Russia led sphere) who recognise one group of vaccines. With a western led sphere that recognise another group of vaccines.

Turns out this theme is already making preeminent noises. Reading in the AFR today that Australian travel & tourism industry representative bodies have got on the front foot and are already lobbying the Federal Government and Australian health regulators to recognise China's Sinovac in order to assist a recovery in inbound international travelers.

I agree that Albanese is a fairly hopeless leader but getting cut through is damned hard at the moment. There are a few people in Labor who could do better, maybe Chalmers and I think their health shadow comes across quite well. I'm sure Albanese is pointing out the inequity in vaccine rollout but likely not getting reported - mind you, the way he delivers a line why would you bother reporting it.

I like Andrews losing it, the vaccine rollout has been a mess, and the only reason that allocation of vaccines is an issue is because supply is still the issue. The mob running Canberra couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Don't like Albo that much. But let’s be serious, his job is to not do much and let Morrison hang himself... which he is doing a very good job at. Two thirds of Australia are furious with the PM today. I’m actually interested to hear what he will say in his own defence. And Hunt too. But I’m expecting them both to disappear for a few days.

Solid press conference from Dan today. About time someone called out what is happening with the vaccine rollout. Its a disgrace - not only for Victoria, but for the other states (excluding NSW) too. My only gripe is that it is perhaps 2 weeks late - a few of us on here had identified this was happening the past few weeks, so surely it should have been more obvious to those closer to the rollout.

Reactions: 3 users
Solid press conference from Dan today. About time someone called out what is happening with the vaccine rollout. Its a disgrace - not only for Victoria, but for the other states (excluding NSW) too. My only gripe is that it is perhaps 2 weeks late - a few of us on here had identified this was happening the past few weeks, so surely it should have been more obvious to those closer to the rollout.
You're right tross but this is a gripe that's independent of the agreed extra pfizer doses that were going to NSW to deal with Gladys' self inflicted outbreak. Under the table.

Talking of Vaxxes, I've been able to get an appt. next Wednesday for my 16 yr old Grandson. Lucky timing. It beats waiting until 17th November.

Maybe more doses are flowing our way, but I doubt it.

He's right to call it out, but NSW is actually in crisis (9 deaths reported today, 0 for the rest of the country). They need doses more urgently than the other states to mitigate the disaster that is Gladys.

Agree with all that but Andrew’s a leader? Threw his health minister under the bus and less than honest at the Hotel W inquiry. Has he been steadfast ? Yep. But honest and transparent? No. What politician is though? How can you trust a career public servant?
A couple of comments

Whilst there is no doubt that Dan hung Mikakos out to dry you will struggle to find anyone in the public health system that was sorry to see her go. That's partly because time and time again she did exactly the same thing to people working in the system to protect herself and that was long before COVID

There are quite a few career public servants I would trust implicitly (note I am not a career public servant) but there are others I wouldn't. I am not sure that is any different to any other area of the workforce

I never thought I would see a Prime Minister in this country who I disliked as much as Abbott but SCOMO is incredibly close right now.
People in politics, such as Bob Hawke have said in their personal dealings with Tony Abbott, that he's actually quite a nice bloke. And so have people involved in community organisations in the northern suburbs of Sydney that he involves himself in. Apparently a really dedicated grass roots community bloke who rolls his sleeves up and gets involved. But on the flipside, these people concede that he is obviously a bit nutty and as such, wasn't PM material. He didn't earn the nickname 'The Mad Monk' for nothing. And people in the political sphere often have a different persona than they do in their personal sphere. He wasn't necessarily a perfect fit for Liberal Party ideology either. He did delve into relationships with ALP-right personalities early in his political dealings and was urged by some to join. But he felt it wasn't the party for him. Abbott was actually ideologically closer to DLP leanings in his formative years and has said he followed B. A. Santamaria closely.

ScoMo I've never really heard the same endearing side. Most accounts seem to be more that he's a bit hollow and you don't know what he stands for. And he certainly can't read a room. Completely tin eared.

Last edited:
ScoMo I've never really heard the same endearing side. Most accounts seem to be more that he's a bit hollow and you don't know what he stands for. And he certainly can't read a room. Completely tin eared.

ScoMo can't read a room, what are you on about. He was great saying "I don't hold a hose mate" :rotfl2 :rotfl2 :sarcasm

• Haha
He's right to call it out, but NSW is actually in crisis (9 deaths reported today, 0 for the rest of the country). They need doses more urgently than the other states to mitigate the disaster that is Gladys.
I'd almost have some sympathy for that point of view if Gladys and Hazzard weren't so *smile* smarmy standing up there gloating about how well they are doing in the vaccination race and lamenting the inability of the other states to keep up. All the while the deceitful PM for Sydney keeps shovelling more Pfizer their way and the other states can't get enough. That is the height of arrogance.

NSW can get *smile*. They made their bed; they can lie in it. They have also *smile* up Victoria with their completely inept management of the outbreak in the early days. We are 6 weeks into a lockdown as well. Yet we should stand by and accept they should receive a disproportionate amount of vaccine at our expense?

I don't think so.

Reactions: 3 users
You're right tross but this is a gripe that's independent of the agreed extra pfizer doses that were going to NSW to deal with Gladys' self inflicted outbreak. Under the table.
yep exposed on Four Corners I think? If true that's damning evidence against Morrison and Gladys.

I'm also wondering where all the folks are who were saying we should send all our vaccines to Indonesia or India are right now.