Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

But the community mindset has turned in under a week. Once Dan announced zero was abandoned and vaccines were the name of the game no one is panicking over cases numbers (viz only two posts so far today) the Vax General said supply issues are now solved its distribution only.

Reactions: 1 user
i have cut down on listening to the daily pressers. The distress of the Victorian authorities is getting harder to hide. But I am glad I listened in to yesterday because Andrews said some very interesting stuff about how life will be like once we achieve 80%

When people check in, their vaccination status will be integrated into the Service Victoria App. You'll basically get a tick or a cross dependant on your status. Unvaccinated people will be locked out of pretty much everywhere it would appear.

It seems like the VIC government will be making life very hard for unvaccinated people, which should put pressure on them to get vaccinated. Tough love.

Another interesting thing to note is that the Doherty Institute will be releasing new modelling this week based on higher case number in NSW and VIC. Should make for interesting reading and I really hope some major adjustments are made.

Also, both the TAS and WA Premiers came out on the weekend and said they are unlikely to open borders until vaccination rates are closer to 90%. Gutwein also said 12-15 year old’s should be counted in these percentages. Bravo.

Reactions: 3 users
I have Ear Surgery at St Vincent's Private on Monday so have been basically a recluse for two weeks so as not to be caught in an exposure site and also praying anxiously that there is no snap elective surgery ban. I think with 1 day to go I should be across the line ;)

Good Luck today old fella hope all goes well for you.

Reactions: 2 users
Someone on here said why should I get vaxxed when i know two mates who got Covid and hardly had any symptoms :rolleyes:

Would do well to read your posted tweet.
Its like Russian roulette but using 1 bullet Caesar re that dont vax and catch Covoid
Some will be affected really bad and others will be ok. Those that recover could end up having a better immunity to this virus too. But there is a distinct possibility you can die too. Its an individual choice and each body reacts to it differently. Good luck with it if u think it wont harm u. Might be right but then again...
I'd rather get vaxed(& did) to give myself the best chance to live if I contract it.

On the issue of is "natural immunity" better than "vaccinated immunity" here's the great man and Nobel Laureate epidemiologist Dr Pete Doherty. Effectively this means that non-vaccinated exposure to Covid Delta gives higher immune response than vaccines, but vaccines mean if you do get it then your chances of dying is much lower.

Once we open up, with high levels of vaccination, we'll likely be exposed to Covid but won't know as symptoms will be so slight for most of us. That will give even better immunity over time.

Lesson is, still get vaccinated peoples

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Poor vax numbers last few days eg 52,000 total vax numbers on Saturday compared with 86,000 the previous Saturday.

i have cut down on listening to the daily pressers. The distress of the Victorian authorities is getting harder to hide. But I am glad I listened in to yesterday because Andrews said some very interesting stuff about how life will be like once we achieve 80%

When people check in, their vaccination status will be integrated into the Service Victoria App. You'll basically get a tick or a cross dependant on your status. Unvaccinated people will be locked out of pretty much everywhere it would appear.

It seems like the VIC government will be making life very hard for unvaccinated people, which should put pressure on them to get vaccinated. Tough love.

Another interesting thing to note is that the Doherty Institute will be releasing new modelling this week based on higher case number in NSW and VIC. Should make for interesting reading and I really hope some major adjustments are made.

Also, both the TAS and WA Premiers came out on the weekend and said they are unlikely to open borders until vaccination rates are closer to 90%. Gutwein also said 12-15 year old’s should be counted in these percentages. Bravo.
Tasmania and WA will need to open their borders before Christmas even if it’s at say 83%. Too many mental health issues, and some I’m sure are just hanging in there until they get to see their loved ones at Christmas. There after all becomes a tipping point of when mental health over Covid deaths is the preferred option. I’m not sure what that point is but I can see it happening at around that Christmas period.

Also this.

Observations of the 30 million or so vaccinated in the UK for adverse thrombotic/clotting etc events - comparing AZ, Pfizer and Covid infection.

E-jrO_3VIAcQDFy.jpg

Notice that AZ and Pfizer outcomes are almost identical. Notice also that Covid outcomes are much worse.

Tasmania and WA will need to open their borders before Christmas even if it’s at say 83%. Too many mental health issues, and some I’m sure are just hanging in there until they get to see their loved ones at Christmas. There after all becomes a tipping point of when mental health over Covid deaths is the preferred option. I’m not sure what that point is but I can see it happening at around that Christmas period.

What percentage of Tasmanian's or Western Australian's are going to be desperate to go over the border at Christmas? It would have to be pretty small.

Would have thought most people living in those states will be catch up with family which also live in that state. The biggest threat to their Christmas catch ups is a covid outbreak forcing the state into restrictions.

The mental health angle on state border closures is a beat up. Its more understandable for lockdowns, and thats exactly what the other states are trying to prevent.

but its not Al.

Free speech and individual freedom has the basic pre-requisite that nobody gets hurt.
Yeah i know.
Just noting re 1 part about it ( catching covoid & impact & risk to u). That's all.

Last edited:
What percentage of Tasmanian's or Western Australian's are going to be desperate to go over the border at Christmas? It would have to be pretty small.

Would have thought most people living in those states will be catch up with family which also live in that state. The biggest threat to their Christmas catch ups is a covid outbreak forcing the state into restrictions.

The mental health angle on state border closures is a beat up. Its more understandable for lockdowns, and thats exactly what the other states are trying to prevent.
Or those living in Sydney or Melbourne trying to get home. Can’t agree on the beat up at all about mental health.

On the issue of is "natural immunity" better than "vaccinated immunity" here's the great man and Nobel Laureate epidemiologist Dr Pete Doherty. Effectively this means that non-vaccinated exposure to Covid Delta gives higher immune response than vaccines, but vaccines mean if you do get it then your chances of dying is much lower.

Once we open up, with high levels of vaccination, we'll likely be exposed to Covid but won't know as symptoms will be so slight for most of us. That will give even better immunity over time.

Lesson is, still get vaccinated peoples

Yeah, what i was trying to say earlier.

Reckon if you move interstate then claim you can't hold it together without seeing family, you've got bigger issues.

Or those living in Sydney or Melbourne trying to get home. Can’t agree on the beat up at all about mental health.

Not saying that no one will be affected, but that the mental health impacts on border closures isn't an issue for the majority. I don't blame the states for being protective of their covid free status.

I certainly sympathise with those who have been caught out, either being stuck in Sydney or Melbourne due to work committments and the like.

But i reckon the mental health of the entire state will suffer if they have to go into lock-down over Christmas.

Then again, hopefully this is a moot point because out vaccination rates in all states and territories will be sky high well before Christmas!

Not saying that no one will be affected, but that the mental health impacts on border closures isn't an issue for the majority. I don't blame the states for being protective of their covid free status.

I certainly sympathise with those who have been caught out, either being stuck in Sydney or Melbourne due to work committments and the like.

But i reckon the mental health of the entire state will suffer if they have to go into lock-down over Christmas.

Then again, hopefully this is a moot point because out vaccination rates in all states and territories will be sky high well before Christmas!
All states and territories should be well over 80%. But what if the 90% can’t be achieved? Tassie and WA stay locked away for ever?

borders by far the biggest impact on me (n=1)

Not offering a sob-story, in Covid they are like arseholes,

but im totally isolated from 3 generations of my family, my parents, my siblings, my kids, are all in different places I can't go in the same country. I've got siblings and kids 45 minutes drive away, I probably wont see again in 2021

lockdown doesn't bother me, borders do.

Dan Murphy has become like a father to me.

I guess I am offering a sob story.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
borders by far the biggest impact on me (n=1)

Not offering a sob-story, in Covid they are like arseholes,

but im totally isolated from 3 generations of my family, my parents, my siblings, my kids, are all in different places I can't go in the same country. I've got siblings and kids 45 minutes drive away, I probably wont see again in 2021

lockdown doesn't bother me, borders do.

Dan Murphy has become like a father to me.

I know everyone is different

Yeah that is unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear it. I know from your posting that you've got family scattered around the country and I did think of you when i posted about border closures. Still reckon the other states have it correct right now with the closures, but hopefully we can ease these restrictions before the Christmas period.

All states and territories should be well over 80%. But what if the 90% can’t be achieved? Tassie and WA stay locked away for ever?

That's a good question and I don't know the answer. They certainly can't stay locked forever. 90% certainly is ambitious, i don't think any country has hit that target.