Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Hospital in the home patients are classed as “in hospital” in all statistics. That’s because they are still an admitted patient.
If a vaccinated patient is in hospital in the home they are in those statistics.
Fair enough. Given Victoria has 76 hospitalisations, if the article is correct then only ~25 are taking up actual hospital beds (including 23 ICU).

Pretty sure the policy in Queensland is every positive is required to undergo hospital treatment.

David Speers on Insiders actually asking Stuart Robert some tough questions about the 70-80% 'Opening Up' National Plan that keeps being spruiked (particularly by the Feds & Gladys) based on the Doherty report.
There is currently further modelling being done by Doherty based on the impact the Delta strain, high case numbers & children being infected & what impact will it have on the health system once everything is reopened?
Speers asked the valid question of why are they selling this national plan with such certainty when it's likely out of date already?
Also asked when will this up to date modelling be released? Were very pertinent questions and Robert struggled to answer them.

Reactions: 3 users
Fair enough. Given Victoria has 76 hospitalisations, if the article is correct then only ~25 are taking up actual hospital beds (including 23 ICU).

Pretty sure the policy in Queensland is every positive is required to undergo hospital treatment.
That article will not be correct because there are COVID patients in dedicated COVID wards in hospitals.
There are different ways of getting into hospital in the home. One is direct from an emergency department , the other is to be in a hospital bed and be sent home still as an admitted patient. The 2nd way is more common than the first.
Take what you read about health in the press with a high degree of scepticism, the quality of health journos is really poor these days. Many of them don’t really understand what they are writing about

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure how they could be at capacity with one case but it may be that they are converting areas for COVID

My advice is to be careful when listening to the AMA. Less than 20% of all doctors are AMA members and I have heard some things that they have said that are not factually correct. That being said a lot of what they say is correct as well but they are very good at pointing out the problems and not offering any solutions
Point on AMA taken ... more of a doctor "union" than a professional College. Though one thing is for sure there are no shortage of voices in the medical world.

Point on AMA taken ... more of a doctor "union" than a professional College. Though one thing is for sure there are no shortage of voices in the medical world.
The issue with the press and getting information is that they go to the AMA and the nurses Union because they know they will get a comment. They don’t get information from the DH or the hospitals direct they get it from their members and what is publicly available.
An example would be that there aren’t enough doctors in a certain area which will be from their members. It may be right but what do they suggest is done? Qualified doctors can’t be materialised out of thin air !
The issue of staff shortages is systemic and they are as much a part of the problem as they are of the solution to be honest

Reactions: 1 users
That article will not be correct because there are COVID patients in dedicated COVID wards in hospitals.
There are different ways of getting into hospital in the home. One is direct from an emergency department , the other is to be in a hospital bed and be sent home still as an admitted patient. The 2nd way is more common than the first.
Take what you read about health in the press with a high degree of scepticism, the quality of health journos is really poor these days. Many of them don’t really understand what they are writing about

Thank you very much Sinner, I really appreciate your posts on this topic. I learn more truthful information about Covid from you than in any of the media outlets. Always well balanced and thoughtful.

Take care of yourself, stay safe and healthy.

Cheers TT33(y)

Reactions: 2 users
David Speers on Insiders actually asking Stuart Robert some tough questions about the 70-80% 'Opening Up' National Plan that keeps being spruiked (particularly by the Feds & Gladys) based on the Doherty report.
There is currently further modelling being done by Doherty based on the impact the Delta strain, high case numbers & children being infected & what impact will it have on the health system once everything is reopened?
Speers asked the valid question of why are they selling this national plan with such certainty when it's likely out of date already?
Also asked when will this up to date modelling be released? Were very pertinent questions and Robert struggled to answer them.
Stuart Robert would struggle to answer questions about what day of the week it is. He was involved in the "robodeath" and was a disaster as the minister for the NDIS.
He is only a minister because he is a church mate of Morrison. I hope he has no real involvement in the feds covid response.

Reactions: 5 users
Poor Robert. He couldn't really say, "Well, what I do is go to church, thrash about on the floor going 'oogity-boogity', give a cheque to a pedo and spit on a poor person" or people might get the right idea.

• Haha
Thank you very much Sinner, I really appreciate your posts on this topic. I learn more truthful information about Covid from you than in any of the media outlets. Always well balanced and thoughtful.

Take care of yourself, stay safe and healthy.

Cheers TT33(y)
Thanks

There is plenty I don't know btw

Reactions: 1 user
Deadman Dan says that age breakdown of current cases shows that its a disease of the unvaccinated now, given most cases are under 50s. Is this true though? Lots of oldies remain unvaxxed right?

Other points - 50,000 appointments were available for AZ last week, only 11,000 left so thats good. We are using up our stock.

As my buddy Dr Norman Swan says, the best vaccine is the one you can take right now. And now is the right time - not in a month, not in three months. Waiting for the "better vaccine" is lala-land.

Deadman Dan says that age breakdown of current cases shows that its a disease of the unvaccinated now, given most cases are under 50s. Is this true though? Lots of oldies remain unvaxxed right?
I don't think it is totally true yet but it is getting more true by the day, especially if the hospitalisation and ICU stats are taken into account

As an aside I have had direct knowledge of 2 double pfizer vaccinated people contracting COVID in the last 2 weeks. The bad news is that they contracted COVID despite being vaccinated but the good news is that neither of them have had any symptoms whatsoever and that there is also no evidence of them spreading the virus despite many close contacts being tested. One tested positive about 12 days ago and the other about 9 days ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I don't think it is totally true yet but it is getting more true by the day, especially if the hospitalisation and ICU stats are taken into account

As an aside I have had direct knowledge of 2 double pfizer vaccinated people contracting COVID in the last 2 weeks. The bad news is that they contracted COVID despite being vaccinated but the good news is that neither have them have had any symptoms whatsoever and that there is also no evidence of them spreading the virus despite many close contacts being tested. One tested positive about 12 days ago and the other about 9 days ago.

Thanks Sin. I think it's pretty clear that vaccination doesn't stop infection, but if it stops transmission and symptoms that's good news.

I've got very minor cold symptoms today so will go in for a test locally.

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks Sin. I think it's pretty clear that vaccination doesn't stop infection, but if it stops transmission and symptoms that's good news.

I've got very minor cold symptoms today so will go in for a test locally.
i think it is well acknowledged that you are less likely to contract Covid if you are vaccinated, but it is not impossible.

As my buddy Dr Norman Swan says, the best vaccine is the one you can take right now. And now is the right time - not in a month, not in three months. Waiting for the "better vaccine" is lala-land.
what is the better vaccine anyway? does anyone waiting actually know which is more effective? and how?
AZ has a bad reputation because a few have died after receiving it. a lot more have died because they didnt receive it. some have also died from other vaccines. but people who get their medical knowledge from google or facebook think AZ is unsafe.

Knowing Australia is pushing towards the double vax targets. Been trying to guage what lays ahead. Isreal hit 80% full vax rate for over 12yo.

But, now are pushing for booster. Cases going up & deaths occuring in full vax people.

Hard times for the next 6 to 8 mths.

Last edited:
Listen to the health advice and vaccination advice from Vic government health department.
They only act on reputable scientific evidence..
You can guarantee that any other advice outside a public department has an inbuilt bias of some sort.

Listen to the health advice and vaccination advice from Vic government health department.
They only act on reputable scientific evidence..
You can guarantee that any other advice outside a public department has an inbuilt bias of some sort.
Who does our govt health dept get their advice from?