Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

If teachers are vaxxed?

We were last in the queue.

And usually the regional teachers are younger than the inner city ones, which means I can guarantee most aren't vaccinated. I was never eligible for anything, still got astrazeneca the second I was allowed to, and I won't be fully vaccinated till mid October.

Good luck with trying to open schools safely until November.
Would have thought a givt that values teachers like Vic would prioritised them. But it's symptomatic of having no plan or will to get students back. If they had that motivation then teacher vaccination would have emerged as a key plank. (As said before once Andrews returned Merlino total focus should have been on covid safe schools)

Reactions: 1 user
I.am always perplexed when I read the frequent statements like this .. does the federal govt RUN my local GP? I
I pay the doc Medicare refunds me in part. I know docs have to be qualified registered etc but the clinic is owned by the non doctor widow of my late doctor. Don't see much government involvement day to day in GP clinics. I would think.they have to follow a lot of state health regs as well.
It is the screwy way our health system runs 22. KRudd tried to change it and failed.

States regulate and run hospitals and parts of public health policy but the federal Govt has jurisdiction over primary care which includes GPs and pharmacies, to the extent of licensing them to dispense drugs . GPs are funded ( to the extent they are) by Medicare, through the Commonwealth Dept of Health. Prescription drugs through the PBS, also the Commonwealth DH

Liaison between hospitals and primary care is through PHNs ( primary health networks) regulated by the feds

Aged Care is commonwealth who license some state puiblic health services to undertake it as well as privates providers, mental health in hospitals and most community MH is state but some mental health like Headspace is commonwealth.

Flow of funding is whole other issue which would take a week to explain.

Bottom line is we couldn’t make it more complicated and disjointed if we tried !!

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, 120 new, and 2 deaths apparently.
COVID zero in Victoria is extinct. Can't *smile* wait until 80% full vaccination so we can get on with our lives. When is that projected to be? November?

Geez these small business owners that can't operate at all must be at their wits' end.

Heading to NSW territory despite the quick and hard lockdown
Yep these has been the worst lockdown as far as effectiveness goes. Delta has kicked its arse.

That said we would have NSW style numbers if we didn't do it so unfortunately there was no choice. Need to find a way forward now though.

Its actually moving faster than NSW at this point. 369 more cases at day 28.
This is a real concern given that we have had a much harder lockdown from early on; in comparison to NSW. Just shows that many in the community have given up and are ignoring the lockdown.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep. correct. We are now closed basically until 80 per cent Mid November.

Hopefully we can do it quicker, pending getting more vaccines. The additional 450k pfizer for 18-39's will start coming on (I think those bookings either started Monday or today, so hopefully start seeing 1st doses ramping up. Not sure what gap they are providing in between doses. I'll find out Friday, probably 4-6 weeks

Its actually moving faster than NSW at this point. 369 more cases at day 28.
Is that a result of taking it more seriously with well targeted contract tracing and testing? Or did someone attend an anti-vax rally when it all started?

Yep. correct. We are now closed basically until 80 per cent Mid November.

As I keep saying, if we open up at "80%" (which is not really 80%, but 64%), it will be an unmitigated disaster. we will be heading down the point of no return.

As I said yesterday and will keep saying… Unless the Doherty Report is revisited and tweaked, then the ONLY OPTION is COVID zero.

Interesting Ian, I reckon they have given up on zero.
There will be no zero and next year it may get worse.

As I keep saying, if we open up at "80%" (which is not really 80%, but 64%), it will be an unmitigated disaster. we will be heading down the point of no return.

As I said yesterday and will keep saying… Unless the Doherty Report is revisited and tweaked, then the ONLY OPTION is COVID zero.
Why do you say COVID zero is the only option? Countries in Europe and the USA have opened up with higher vaccination rates; why can't we do the same? COVID zero is dead in Victoria and especially NSW. We are 5 weeks into a hard lockdown and our numbers are going up, not down.

Do you think we should stay locked down like this forever?

Reactions: 1 users
Why do you say COVID zero is the only option? Countries in Europe and the USA have opened up with higher vaccination rates; why can't we do the same? COVID zero is dead in Victoria and especially NSW. We are 5 weeks into a hard lockdown and our numbers are going up, not down.

Do you think we should stay locked down like this forever?
Heaps of cases and deaths in England but they don't seem to care. Florida has an anti-mask Governor so can't imagine they would be travelling too well.